Welcome to the internet.
    Pendawg showing no mercy.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankeejet22 View Post
    Time to change the thread title to RUMOR, mods.
    agreed... but it seems very possibly true

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool uh oh

Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Come back and say that after the 1st series of the Jets scrimmage during training camp....

Welcome aboard!
    LOL

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Soooo looong TannyBomb!!! Tour the countryside all u want now ,just not on jets watch or HBO.. Tannybomb drove rt past my house almost lookn 4 #24..

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    Welcome to the internet.
    save your "sarcastic wit"
    thanks

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenReaper View Post
    Exactly.

Tom Gamble and Rex had a positive relationship and mutual respect for each other, that goes back to their days together with the Eagles. Where papa Gamble and Buddy also had a good working relationship.

There's no reason to think that Gamble won't give Rex a fair chance to make this relationship work well together. Rex would trust Gamble to do just that.

Rex needs to trust Gamble with the offense. If Rex is open to the changes that Gamble wants to make at OC and QB coach. And at the QB position too. Then maybe this can work.

As I said in another thread. All these hyper Rex haters may have to humble themselves to use their acidic tongues...and lick the #6 tattoo from the biceps on Rex. These fans may need to bury their egos on this occasion...cause this marriage may work out. We'll just have to wait and see.

As I said before. I don't give a damn if I'm right or wrong on this issue. I'd rather be surprised that the Gamble-Rex marriage is working well. Then boast proudly that I knew it wouldn't.

I'm more focused on wanting Gamble to succeed. Less on hoping Rex doesn't.
    Im not worried the least Rex will take a deep sigh of relief about finally having a gm whos expertise is football not mathmatics and kissing the owner's butt.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SMC View Post
    Players are, but the overwhelming majority of management and owners aren't. Out of 32 clubs, 1 owner, 1 GM, and 2 HCs are a minority.

And, teams are allowed to "hire who you want period." This isn't about forcing someone to be hired. This is about opportunity.

The reason why the rule was put in place is because white coaches were getting rehired and fired 3 or 4 times and no minority candiates were getting interviewed.
    Explain how bringing in a minority who is a coach you don't want helps anything?? In 2003 the Lions wanted Steve Mariucci they had minority people scheduled but they cancelled because they knew the Lions wanted Mariucci.. So the Lions got fined 200,000 for not interviewing any minorities..

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetswin View Post
    agreed... but it seems very possibly true
    I think it's true...but has been prematurely leaked. Which would then force the Jets to deny it, until they're ready to make an official announcement.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    Explain how bringing in a minority who is a coach you don't want helps anything?? In 2003 the Lions wanted Steve Mariucci they had minority people scheduled but they cancelled because they knew the Lions wanted Mariucci.. So the Lions got fined 200,000 for not interviewing any minorities..
    The argument is the coach/GM at least gets his name out in the circle and gains experience preparing for the interview and the actual interview itself...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm behind this hire. I think this guy will be good for the organization

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    You people are so clueless it's really pathetic....this is just another band aid by Woody...the LAST thing this team needed was someone who had ties to Rex...this guy will be nothing more than a puppet.....Rex is now still going to be running the show and this team is screwed....anyone who thinks this is a good hire is delusional.....I can hear the press conference now " Rex and I have a similar philosophy, we like to run the ball and play good defense"....this is a terrible hire if true and will set this franchise back another 3-4 years !!!

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by The Cooler King View Post
    You people are so clueless it's really pathetic....this is just another band aid by Woody...the LAST thing this team needed was someone who had ties to Rex...this guy will be nothing more than a puppet.....Rex is now still going to be running the show and this team is screwed....anyone who thinks this is a good hire is delusional.....I can hear the press conference now " Rex and I have a similar philosophy, we like to run the ball and play good defense"....this is a terrible hire if true and will set this franchise back another 3-4 years !!!
    LOL!

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Let's hope he doesn't go all Antoine Winfield on us.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    The argument is the coach/GM at least gets his name out in the circle and gains experience preparing for the interview and the actual interview itself...
    I agree at one time it made sense I just don't think it does anymore.. Who in their right mind wouldn't take Ozzie Newsome to run their team.. I guess I just see minorities as equal and some don't.. While we are at it I think there is a bias against white W/R's,RB's and DB's..

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    I agree at one time it made sense I just don't think it does anymore.. Who in their right mind wouldn't take Ozzie Newsome to run their team.. I guess I just see minorities as equal and some don't.. While we are at it I think there is a bias against white W/R's,RB's and DB's..
    especially CBs..

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm not going to pretend to know a thing about Tom Gamble or any other of these candidates, but I will say that I'm surprised the new GM would accept a 3 or 4 year contract while being forced to keep the current coach.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    Any chance Tom Clements gets brought in as OC?
    0%

He's the OC of the Packers and no way he makes a lateral move to leave AR12 and come to a very shaky situation at QB......

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wow, your soooo smaaat.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Traitor Jay & the Woodies View Post
    I'm not going to pretend to know a thing about Tom Gamble or any other of these candidates, but I will say that I'm surprised the new GM would accept a 3 or 4 year contract while being forced to keep the current coach.
    People don't realize that when the Giants changed GM's both Jim Fassel and Tom Coughlin were already in place and the new GM's kept them..

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes arguably the hottest GM commodity out there will set us back 4 years.