View Poll Results: Do you want Alex Smith at QB for the Jets?

Voters
158. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, definite upgrade and we can win with him

91 57.59%
  • No, he's not much of an upgrade over Sanchez

67 42.41%
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Would you want Alex Smith at QB?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Huge upgrade over Sanchez, won't make the killer mistakes over and over again. We can win with him.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by k.Rhodes25 View Post
    Huge upgrade over Sanchez, won't make the killer mistakes over and over again. We can win with him.
    He's the best stop gap available but that's all he is...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by k.Rhodes25 View Post
    I absolutely agree. He does not make mistakes over and over ala Suckchez. I do wonder if Mark could be at least savageable with Turner at the help as OC. But why temp failure again. The guy is woefully inaccurate even when surrounded by great talent! In years 1 and 2 he hardly was a great QB and he did have talent around him. I like Smith better in any event.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    I absolutely agree. He does not make mistakes over and over ala Suckchez. I do wonder if Mark could be at least savageable with Turner at the help as OC. But why temp failure again. The guy is woefully inaccurate even when surrounded by great talent! In years 1 and 2 he hardly was a great QB and he did have talent around him. I like Smith better in any event.
    Would take him in a heartbeat

Don't want to trade anything lower than a 5th rdr tho....

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm going to be picky and voice my gripe about these polls again. Why can't they just be a Yes or a No? Adding caveats or explainations to the poll choices can change a result.

I would vote "no", but not for the reason stated as "he's not much of an upgrade over Sanchez."

Smith IS a definite upgrade over Sanchez, but the Jets are in no position to trade picks for players. They should be trading players for picks.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Tom Gamble, and Trent Bahlke thought enough of him to draft Kaepernick in the 2nd RD...eventually to start seeing he was replaced after an injury. (ala Brady and Bledsoe) Don't think a "lateral move" to Alex Smith would be worth it.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SMC View Post
    I'm going to be picky and voice my gripe about these polls again. Why can't they just be a Yes or a No? Adding caveats or explainations to the poll choices can change a result.

I would vote "no", but not for the reason stated as "he's not much of an upgrade over Sanchez."

Smith IS a definite upgrade over Sanchez, but the Jets are in no position to trade picks for players. They should be trading players for picks.
    Yes, we need lots of players and have little money to get them; Smith will be expensive.