Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Current Playoffs - who do you root for?

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    The term "Redneck" was actually originally used to describe soldiers from the British Army during the Revolutionary War because of their uniforms. Over the centuries the application and meaning of evolved.
    Redneck is a derogatory slang term used in reference to poor, uneducated white farmers, especially from the southern United States.It is similar in meaning to cracker (especially regarding Georgia and Florida), hillbilly (especially regarding Appalachia and the Ozarks), and white trash..

Are you sure your not thinking of Redcoats??

"Current Playoffs - who do you root for?"

The NHL Lockout to end.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    I root for the Patriots as there's a 15% chance that Belichick and Brady decide to go out on top and retire in three weeks.

SAR I
    I would prefer Brady to just tear his ACL against Houston and decide that its not worth it and retire with his millions upon millions in the bank.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by rep View Post
    I would prefer Brady to just tear his ACL against Houston and decide that its not worth it and retire with his millions upon millions in the bank.
    That works too.

Whatever it takes to get Belichick and Brady to go away. The last thing we need is for them to keep having fun, uncontested 12-4 seasons and keep trying to get that last ring for the next 5 years. Just let them have it already, force the issue.

SAR I

Quote Originally Posted by RMJK View Post
    Colts because we crushed them at home. I had tickets for that game and thought we were back on track. If they go all the way I would feel like our team still has some life.
    That game doesn't really have any relevance to either team, anymore. The Colts were coming off an incredible emotional roller coaster and had a let down that week going back on the road. The Jets played pretty well. Since then, the Jets crumbled, and the Colts rallied and became winners. The fact that the Jets beat them 12 weeks ago is about as meaningful as the whopping 72 yards that Mark Sanchez had during that game...

Quote Originally Posted by Mohegangreen View Post
    Damn, I know you always like to go against the grain but this is pushing it...I would like to see the Patsies get trampled and embarrassed...I don't have any other rooting interest besides that
    Makes some sense I guess, but I think B and B are greedy Mofo's and even if the won another SB they would still keep coming back to win another and another and so on, so I say let somebody beat their brains in and disappoint them again...Screw them

Damn, I know you always like to go against the grain but this is pushing it...I would like to see the Patsies get trampled and embarrassed...I don't have any other rooting interest besides that
    He does it to get a reaction. It worked.

Makes some sense I guess, but I think B and B are greedy Mofo's and even if the won another SB they would still keep coming back to win another and another and so on, so I say let somebody beat their brains in and disappoint them again...Screw them
    BB is a football troll. It's been his life since he was a child. He doesn't know anything else and will stick around for another 15-20 years without a doubt. BB ain't going anywhere. Brady will be gone long before BB.

Quote Originally Posted by Gastineau99 View Post
    BB is a football troll. It's been his life since he was a child. He doesn't know anything else and will stick around for another 15-20 years without a doubt. BB ain't going anywhere. Brady will be gone long before BB.
    I agree, what else would that miserable son of a bltch do?

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    I root for the Jets, and watch all other teams.

In order of preference:

1. Seahawks
    2. Texans
    3. Redskins
    4. Falcons
    5. Ravens
    6. Colts
    7. Broncos
    8. 49ers
    9. Packers
    10. Pats

If the SB involves 2 of #'s 7-10 (history suggests it will), I'm not watching the SB. I would like to see the Seahawks win it all but I hate the Giants so much, it's extremely tempting for me to root for the Skins today since I would love to see even more Giant fan tears.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by K_O_Brien View Post
    Seahawks, or anyone playing New England
    My feelings, exactly....

DEN, having had a couple surgeries on my neck myself similar to Peyton I feel a bit of the kinship. I guess it's the neck-aids kinship. I am flat out amazed he made it through the season and am definitely eating alot of crow on that one. Plus I just think the guy is the epitome of professionalism in the sport and deserves it.

Teams for the Supe...

Anybody but the Pats in the AFC.

The Seahawks my 1st choice in NFC. Or else the Redskins.

1 Redskins
    2 Broncos
    3 Falcons

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

I was glad to see the Vikings lose because of their racist name. We Norwegians are real touchy about that. Also, my uncle Bill is highly, HIGHLY offended by that team up in Buffalo.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by shakin318 View Post
    I was glad to see the Vikings lose because of their racist name. We Norwegians are real touchy about that. Also, my uncle Bill is highly, HIGHLY offended by that team up in Buffalo.
    I hear the estate of Edgar llen Poe is suing Baltimore.

I also hear that your uncle Bill is too drunk to notice the team in Buffalo.

Veteran
    Rooting for any team playing vs. the Pats.

anyone but new england

Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    I hear the estate of Edgar llen Poe is suing Baltimore.
    LOLz