Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Current Playoffs - who do you root for?

All League

Current Playoffs - who do you root for?

Since the Jets are out of the playoffs, who do you root for and against. Why

Me:
    - Against the Ravens b/c my grandpa was a lifelong Browns fan and felt betrayed by Modell's move to Baltimore.
    - Against the Patsy b/c ...
    - Against the Redskins b/c of their racist name

Seahawks, or anyone playing New England

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digetydog View Post
    Since the Jets are out of the playoffs, who do you root for and against. Why

Me:
    - Against the Ravens b/c my grandpa was a lifelong Browns fan and felt betrayed by Modell's move to Baltimore.
    - Against the Patsy b/c ...
    - Against the Redskins b/c of their racist name
    If it was the Whiteskins would you still think it was racist?.. The indians don't mind it.. In the NFC I would like to see either the Seahawks or Skins make it.. I would like to see the Colts make it but it will be either Brady or Manning from the AFC.. For the Bowl the Skins or Seahawks would be nice..

Denver or whatever team the Pats are playing

Jets Insider VIP
    Colts because we crushed them at home. I had tickets for that game and thought we were back on track. If they go all the way I would feel like our team still has some life.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    If it was the Whiteskins would you still think it was racist?.. The indians don't mind it.. In the NFC I would like to see either the Seahawks or Skins make it.. I would like to see the Colts make it but it will be either Brady or Manning from the AFC.. For the Bowl the Skins or Seahawks would be nice..
    1) The Native Americans do mind;
    2) I am not white, but I wouldn't appreciate the Whiteskins either.
    3) I really wouldn't appreciate the Wetbacks or the Beaners.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digetydog View Post
    1) The Native Americans do mind;
    2) I am not white, but I wouldn't appreciate the Whiteskins either.
    3) I really wouldn't appreciate the Wetbacks or the Beaners.
    Most native americans do not find the name offensive.The University of Pennsylvania just did a study on it a few months ago and found that over 85% of native americans do NOT find the name offensive. However, they do hate the drunk indian on the Cleveland Indians logo.. BTW Caucasians on a world scale are a minority if someone called me a a Whiteskin I could care less..

Jets Insider VIP
    Most native americans do not find the name offensive.The University of Pennsylvania just did a study on it a few months ago and found that over 85% of native americans do NOT find the name offensive. However, they do hate the drunk indian on the Cleveland Indians logo.. BTW Caucasians on a world scale are a minority if someone called me a a Whiteskin I could care less..
    How about instead of whiteFace they called you Red Neck would you be offended.

Quote Originally Posted by K_O_Brien View Post

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by RMJK View Post
    How about instead of whiteFace they called you Red Neck would you be offended.
    Nope.. Redneck is a term used for hard working farmers that were out in the sun all day.. And since I do work outside the term would be appropriate..

If it was the Whiteskins would you still think it was racist?..
    Absolutely. If you know anything about history Redskin is the equivalent of calling a Black person the n-word or Jewish person the k-word. It's a completely over the top derogatory term that is even worse than saying Indian or Chief. At least the Florida St team is named after an actual tribe.

Want to call me the pc police go ahead? What's right is right.

Nope.. Redneck is a term used for hard working farmers that were out in the sun all day.. And since I do work outside the term would be appropriate..
    The term "Redneck" was actually originally used to describe soldiers from the British Army during the Revolutionary War because of their uniforms. Over the centuries the application and meaning of evolved.

Quote Originally Posted by K_O_Brien View Post
    +1

Been on the Denver bandwagon since week when I knew we were done.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

I root for the Patriots as there's a 15% chance that Belichick and Brady decide to go out on top and retire in three weeks.

SAR I

Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    I root for the Patriots as there's a 15% chance that Belichick and Brady decide to go out on top and retire in three weeks.

SAR I
    Damn, I know you always like to go against the grain but this is pushing it...I would like to see the Patsies get trampled and embarrassed...I don't have any other rooting interest besides that

Packers vs Ravens. I have futures on both these teams......Packers +350 to make it to the superbowl. Ravens +925 to make it to the superbowl

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by Mohegangreen View Post
    Damn, I know you always like to go against the grain but this is pushing it...I would like to see the Patsies get trampled and embarrassed...I don't have any other rooting interest besides that
    I dislike them and it doesn't bother me when they lose but right now they are the roadblock for the past 12 years and since we can't stop them we just need them to dissolve naturally.

B&B have been chasing that next ring for 9 years; there's a chance that if they get it, they'll disappear forever. Brady is pushing 40, would have nothing else to prove, and he'd escape the game with his pretty face and sharp brain intact. Bellichick is 61 and would start his retirement the moment Brady steps down.

Long-shot, but it's the best thing a Jets fan can root for methinks. Go Pats.

SAR I

I don't root against anyone unless they've eliminated the Jets or they're the Dolphins or Giants.

I'm rooting for the winner of Colts-Ravens and the Packers. Colts for Pagano, Ravens for Lewis and Reed. Green Bay just because I've always loved their logo and uniforms, and I'm a fan of Mr. Discount Doublecheck, like Favre before him.

I love seeing the underdogs win, and when they're in the playoffs and the Jets aren't, I'm always pulling for Philadelphia first and foremost. Most of my blood family are Eagle fans and I attended a handful of Eagle games alongside Jet games when I was a kid.
    Last edited by 124; 01-05-2013 at 07:57 PM.

Hate the Pts, like the Packers

Aaron Rodgers great QB and seems like a real decent human being.