Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Let's start a brand new JET PLAYOFF TRADITION:

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Let's start a brand new JET PLAYOFF TRADITION:

Every time a team doesn't complete a perfect season all the old Miami Dolphins celebrate with a glass of champagne or they toast their undefeated team with a drink. We Jet fans need to have our own toast to look forward to each post season. The toast I think we would all agree to is New England losing in the playoffs. Every year every one of you fellow fans stand up and take a shot or drink a beer and toast when the Patriots lose. They haven't won since they were caught cheating so we have a nice streak going. Let's start this Jet Tradition!

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Lets root for our own team and not against another team.

You're a Mets fan, right?

SAR I

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wish we had an owner and front office as good as NE.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Lets root for our own team and not against another team.

You're a Mets fan, right?

SAR I
    Well yeah. If we make the playoffs. The old Dolphins aren't rooting for their team and of course I'm a Mets fan

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeJam Football View Post
    Well yeah. If we make the playoffs. The old Dolphins aren't rooting for their team and of course I'm a Mets fan
    Yankee fan here. You don't get hats and t-shirts when the Philadelphia Phillies lose in the playoffs, no parade for the Washington Nationals going down either. I know you find that hard to believe, but it's true, trust me.

Root for the Jets. Root against the Patriots so long as they are affecting our playoff chances. Once eliminated, just watch the games. It's not your job to embarrass Jets fans by rooting against the Patriots like we get anything out of that.

SAR I

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Yankee fan here. You don't get hats and t-shirts when the Philadelphia Phillies lose in the playoffs, no parade for the Washington Nationals going down either. I know you find that hard to believe, but it's true, trust me.

Root for the Jets. Root against the Patriots so long as they are affecting our playoff chances. Once eliminated, just watch the games. It's not your job to embarrass Jets fans by rooting against the Patriots like we get anything out of that.

SAR I
    I hear ya. It's more personal with the Patriots. They've been so good for so long and if they didn't cheat they might not be so high on their pedestal. This is a fun thing. It's not deadly serious. I rejoice when they lose. It's the next best thing to the Jets winning. No biggie. It's how I feel and some other fans might agree and some won't. I would much rather the Jets even make the playoffs but we didn't. Good things ahead though

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Let's not and say we did.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    new england is gonna kick ass in the playoffs this year.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    What will you drink if they win the title? Hemlock?

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    new england is gonna kick ass in the playoffs this year.
    Yeah but we were gonna go to the SB and our coach has better tattoos.

Rex said so.......

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeJam Football View Post
    Every time a team doesn't complete a perfect season all the old Miami Dolphins celebrate with a glass of champagne or they toast their undefeated team with a drink. We Jet fans need to have our own toast to look forward to each post season. The toast I think we would all agree to is New England losing in the playoffs. Every year every one of you fellow fans stand up and take a shot or drink a beer and toast when the Patriots lose. They haven't won since they were caught cheating so we have a nice streak going. Let's start this Jet Tradition!
    Sign me up...

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ok - Ok Dumb idea. You all have better things to do than watch and enjoy the Patriots lose and another great season with Brady and Belicheck go down in flames. I guess I made a mistake. When it happens I will be taking a shot of Crown or Jack or maybe I will just chug a beer but I'm gonna celebrate. I realize you all Jet fans will take no joy in seeing this team losing again - but I will!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Cheers joejam, good post. Don't take much stock into these yahoos that have replied so far; generally, anyone who is fervently replying to posts on the peak hours of a sarurday night is desperate to put someone else down to feel a little better about themselves. Related: any Yankee fan who lords their baseball fandom over you likely has a fantastically small phallus. I'm a Yankee fan so I know; I've unfortunately been in the urinals.

Anyway. While I may not formalize the occasion, I'm certainly rooting against the Boston Cheaters the rest of the way, and personally it will be my super bowl when they lose. The NFL has so many delightful ways to reward me even if my team is pure trash.
    Last edited by Astoria; 01-06-2013 at 02:35 AM.

Hall Of Fame
    Founding JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    My tradition would be simple get there consistently now & win all those playoff games we are in right through the SB starting in next years JET Life Stadium & this will start a curse where the Giants don't. get back to another SB for the next 20 yeats. I can dream can't. I.m

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't even hate the Patriots anymore. I just begrudgingly admire them.
    We're no longer competitive with them so after two seasons of that the football fan in me comes out and it can't help but be in awe of them.

Tom Brady is awesome. I hate to admit it but now that he's getting older I and I know the days of him kicking our asses will be over in 4 or 5 years, I can't help but enjoy watching him play. That comeback attempt against the 49'ers, it wasn't a slow, limping, crawling comeback - it was a statement comeback. I actually decided after that game was over, that if Brady gets his 4th ring, I'll be cool with it.

They're still on the top of the league. We're coming out of our worst circus season I can remember. We're starting over, rebuilding. The rivalry is basically dead for now. Can't hold the hate anymore.

I hate the Dolphins now.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    We're no longer competitive with them so after two seasons of that the football fan in me comes out and it can't help but be in awe of them.

Tom Brady is awesome. I hate to admit it but now that he's getting older I and I know the days of him kicking our asses will be over in 4 or 5 years, I can't help but enjoy watching him play. That comeback attempt against the 49'ers, it wasn't a slow, limping, crawling comeback - it was a statement comeback. I actually decided after that game was over, that if Brady gets his 4th ring, I'll be cool with it.

They're still on the top of the league. We're coming out of our worst circus season I can remember. We're starting over, rebuilding. The rivalry is basically dead for now. Can't hold the hate anymore.

I hate the Dolphins now.
    Yeah, well the Patriots still hate you and your team and hope we suck balls every day

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post

I hate the Dolphins now.
    I complete agree ... I hate Brady because he is in our Division ... But he is THE BEST QB OF ALL time .. I do not think it's even up for discussion. No Jerry rice, no stallworth or swan, no Reggie Wayne ... Doesn't matter who he is throwing to ... The dude is amazing. Unfortunately with all the new QB protection rules he will be around for 6-8 more years.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    I complete agree ... I hate Brady because he is in our Division ... But he is THE BEST QB OF ALL time .. I do not think it's even up for discussion. No Jerry rice, no stallworth or swan, no Reggie Wayne ... Doesn't matter who he is throwing to ... The dude is amazing. Unfortunately with all the new QB protection rules he will be around for 6-8 more years.
    Lol, what? He's had him twice now... got re-signed, played one game, caught a huge TD pass and promptly injured himself and got IR'd... pretty funny actually

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mohegangreen View Post
    Yeah, well the Patriots still hate you and your team and hope we suck balls every day
    Why? Because laying down for them twice a year isn't enough?

I have a funny feeling that Patriots fans detest the other New York team a wee bit more these days.

SAR I

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ASG0531 View Post
    Lol, what? He's had him twice now... got re-signed, played one game, caught a huge TD pass and promptly injured himself and got IR'd... pretty funny actually
    Lol ... meant the John Stallworth that Bradshaw had sonny.