Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: If gamble is hired what happens to #17

Quote Originally Posted by LIJetsFan View Post
    Is this really worth discussing? Edwards stays until they can find someone better to replace him. Right now he's no worse than our #3 WR and he'll come cheap. I don't understand why this is threadworthy.
    Agreed. Lousy, speculative thread. BE looked effective - answer: keep him for cheap.

He should, he'll be cheap and hes better than some of the scrubs we brought in.

If Braylon doesnt get greedy he might get another year. The jets are depleted and need bodies Braylon is the best option unless the Jets draft a WR with the #9 which I dont think will happen look for him to get a 1 yr 800k with incentives.

Quote Originally Posted by nyjets1969 View Post
    If Braylon doesnt get greedy he might get another year. The jets are depleted and need bodies Braylon is the best option unless the Jets draft a WR with the #9 which I dont think will happen look for him to get a 1 yr 800k with incentives.
    I don't think BE can be greedy. Odds are no other team will want him. He has zero leverage.

a competant gm will examine the wr corps and realize braylon edwards might be the best wr on the team.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    Yeah, it says that the Seahawks have more depth at WR than the Jets. Seahwaks have Rice, Tate and Baldwin to start. Again, if Holmes looks good and Hill makes big strides in the offseason, we may be able to cut BE also, but he wants to be here and will come very cheap. Its a no brainer signing imo.
    I meant the niners, kinda weird to cut a guy prior to the post season. You never know when injuries pop up

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by LIJetsFan View Post
    Is this really worth discussing? Edwards stays until they can find someone better to replace him. Right now he's no worse than our #3 WR and he'll come cheap. I don't understand why this is threadworthy.
    When I read the title, I assumed the OP was asking because Gamble's Niners cut Edwards.

Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    Why are you even looking at the draft for those years? he had notheing to do with the draft except for the last two years? Read his bio before you comment on him
    exactly ... he scouted the players he didn't draft them. Was he asked for input? I'm sure but still he's had more control the last 2 years.

I'd like to keep Braylon ... with Kerley going into year 3 and hopefully some improvements in his game, Stephen Hill hopefully developing a bit, Holmes coming back, maybe we possibly focus on a legit receiver who's at least proven to be worth 40-50 catches .... I'm not so scared of this group if we add one more guy. The big thing is RB and TE ... I would rather go into next season with Braylon, Holmes, Stephen Hill, & Kerley if we've greatly upgraded TE & RB than upgrade at receiver and depend on Powell & the Keller/Cumberland duo

Jets Insider VIP
    My vote is to keep Braylon. I love his demeanor and emotion. He plays like a Jet.

Jets Insider VIP
    Hey, if Gamble sees it fit to bring back Braylon at the vet minimum as our #4 receiver, why not?

Just as long as that remains his role and he doesn't eat into Hill's playing time or any rookie that we may take early in the draft.

Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Hey, if Gamble sees it fit to bring back Braylon at the vet minimum as our #4 receiver, why not?

Just as long as that remains his role and he doesn't eat into Hill's playing time or any rookie that we may take early in the draft.
    Maybe because Braylon is clearly better than our 1,2 and 3

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    Maybe because Braylon is clearly better than our 1,2 and 3
    That's just retarded

Again, why are so many of you judging 2013 Braylon in the same light as 2009 Braylon?

The guy has been on 3 different teams in the past two seasons and we were the only ones that even put in a claim for him when the Seahawks let him go.

He's close as hell to being out of the league entirely.

He isn't better than Holmes or Kerley and Stephen Hill still has a sh*t ton of upside if he could just learn to catch the damn ball with his hands instead of his chest. How many times did we see him have a defender beat deep this year only to have Sanchez totally oblivious as to where he was?

Quote Originally Posted by bcess View Post
    Doesn't the fact that he was cut prior to the playoffs say something?

Quote Originally Posted by bcess View Post
    I meant the niners, kinda weird to cut a guy prior to the post season. You never know when injuries pop up

So you're saying we shouldn't bring back Braylon since he was kicked out the door because he was injured in San Fran?

What logic....

We don't have one remotely decent QB on our roster, yet everyone is concerned about the future of a washed up Braylon Edwards?

LOL, okay.

Washed-up in your mind maybe......That's not what the Majority here saw when he got his chance to show if he had anything left to at least be serviceable.

I'd like to have weapons(real ones....not JAGS like Schillens) available for WHEN the Jets get a "decent QB" which they don't have. Otherwise, if you don't have weapons and you bring in a "decent QB", who the fuk is that QB going to throw to? The fans in the stands?

Oh yes...God forbid we stunt the growth of a Wide-Receiver who is at least 3 full seasons away from even being considered NFL-Caliber. I mean let's not sign someone to hold the fort until that time....Let's instead continue throwing the kid to the wolves and continue dropping passes at critical moments.

Good lord, man....

EDIT : In case you didn't get the message, Hill does NOT impress me at all. I was willing to give him a chance(still do) but he needs to be eased into the position. He's just not ready.
    Last edited by Vin; 01-06-2013 at 09:03 PM.

That's just retarded

Again, why are so many of you judging 2013 Braylon in the same light as 2009 Braylon?

The guy has been on 3 different teams in the past two seasons and we were the only ones that even put in a claim for him when the Seahawks let him go.

He isn't better than Holmes or Kerley and Stephen Hill still has a sh*t ton of upside if he could just learn to catch the damn ball with his hands instead of his chest. How many times did we see him have a defender beat deep this year only to have Sanchez totally oblivious as to where he was?
    If you watched his small contribution to the Jets this year alone, you would see that your rating comments are far from the truth.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    Number 17 will belong to Jordan White again..
    This is your best compilation bro.

Jets Insider VIP
    That's just retarded

You've been rolling out this same sermon for the past several months and Edwards came here and showed some pretty positive signs that he could come back next season and be a solid #3.

You're right, he probably won't be the 2009 version, but then, he won't be paid like that nor will he be the #1.

All League
    Is Braylon the most beloved "decent" player in franchise history? I am seriously curious. I am not talking great players, just decent. Since joining this site, I am not sure I can think of one that comes remotely close.

Quote Originally Posted by iahawkeyejet View Post
    Is Braylon the most beloved "decent" player in franchise history? I am seriously curious. I am not talking great players, just decent. Since joining this site, I am not sure I can think of one that comes remotely close.
    Vinny was pretty "decent" and beloved.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by SizzleBear287 View Post
    I would love it if Rex, Sanchez, Braylon, and Tebow were all gone from the team.
    NO! I think you mean Rex, Sanchez, E Smith, B Scott, C Pace, M Devito