Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 65

Thread: If gamble is hired what happens to #17

  1. #21
    Here's hoping that our new GM is going to use his skills as a good talent ev aluator to draft, sign and find the best 53 guys he can to make the Jets contenders on a regular basis, and do this with an open mind, with no preconceived notions about anybody. That's what we need, EVERYONE auditioning for a spot. Coaches included.

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by bcess View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    I'm not understanding your point here.



    What makes you believe he won't keep him? Just because he was "let go" by San Fran means he's going to not even give him a look here?


    Braylon looked like he had something left in the tank(whenever the ball was thrown his way that is) after all which was a concern when he was re-acquired....


    I see no reason why Gamble would not re-sign him for a 1-year deal....



    Yep, that is exactly my point

    If Gamble does this, it would be retarded especially when he's basically the 2nd best WR on the team not named Holmes.

    Not re-signing him just 'cause he was "let go" from San Fran would make no sense whatsoever.






    Quote Originally Posted by SizzleBear287 View Post
    I would love it if Rex, Sanchez, Braylon, and Tebow were all gone from the team.
    That's only because you hate on Michigan.
    Last edited by Vin; 01-06-2013 at 12:07 PM.

  3. #23
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Lindenhurst NY
    Posts
    1,917
    I dont think they'll be able to afford a major upgrade

  4. #24

  5. #25
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    27,154
    We don't have one remotely decent QB on our roster, yet everyone is concerned about the future of a washed up Braylon Edwards?

    LOL, okay.

  6. #26
    I really don't see the down side of keeping him. He won't cost much$. If he acts up, or can't play cut him then.

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    I'm not understanding your point here.



    What makes you believe he won't keep him? Just because he was "let go" by San Fran means he's going to not even give him a look here?


    Braylon looked like he had something left in the tank(whenever the ball was thrown his way that is) after all which was a concern when he was re-acquired....


    I see no reason why Gamble would not re-sign him for a 1-year deal....


    Joe W. Namath wants Braylon gone but likes Teblow. Pure Lulz!
    +1

  8. #28
    edwards was replaced by plax and plax is out of football. edwards is still a fairly talented receiver. it's not like he's washed up like chad johnson or owens etc. he can still play. gamble knows that the team needs players and edwards to fill some receiver depth while kerley and hill develop into better players and maybe stars.

  9. #29
    He'll likely require only a very cheap one-year deal, so I don't see a major reason not to bring him back. Especially considering what our WR corps looks like outside of Holmes. I think Braylon appreciates playing here and seems to elevate his game accordingly.

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    Why are you even looking at the draft for those years? he had notheing to do with the draft except for the last two years? Read his bio before you comment on him
    You don't know that. He was Director of Pro Personnel for 7 years with the 49ers. He didn't make the picks but I'm sure he was heavily involved in scouting and gave a ton of input to the GM who made the picks.

    from here: http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/...or.html&page=2
    Todayís NFL Pro Personnel director can be a challenging job. Some unfortunately donít even have a defined job description with accountability measurements. Others wear several hats including forward scouting of upcoming opponents for the coaches, cross checking the college players, evaluating current players on his own roster and/or just being a "yes" man for the Head Coach or GM. The Pro director often finds himself as the liaison between the coaches and front offices. Coaches are often not on the same page with scouting and more infighting exists between these two groups than people realize. A good personnel man acts more like the office Kissinger than the office Rasputin. Unfortunately, both types exist.

    The complete pro director must possess great communication skills (especially with coaches), an eye to evaluate talent, have conviction on his decision making process, have a tireless work ethic, thick skin and have the ability to keep everyone in the building calm and on the same page. A good Director of Pro Personnel can be a valuable asset to any team.

  11. #31
    Braylon Edwards enjoys being a Jet. He's mentioned several times back in 2010 and after the Buffalo game this season that he would really love to remain with the team. I don't believe his love has anything to do with playing with Sanchez, it's just the team.

    He'll have to accept less to stay with us, likely the veteran minimum, but if he can keep his mouth shut and stay out of trouble, I don't see why he shouldn't be resigned. He played probably his best and most consistent football, except for one season in Cleveland, with the New York Jets.

  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenReaper View Post
    Let Gamble decide.

    Jets have big CAP problems. He would be a cheap signing. And easily voidable if he shows nothing much in TC-preseason. If healthy...Braylon could be a backup #5 wideout, who can be a mentor for Hill, and any other young WR the Jets acquire.
    I like Braylon but the idea of him mentoring our young receivers scares me...

    something about the DUI, court appearances, and history of lack of focus (drops)

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan789 View Post
    I like Braylon but the idea of him mentoring our young receivers scares me...

    something about the DUI, court appearances, and history of lack of focus (drops)
    Braylon is entering the twilight of his career. And he really seems to want to finish it here as a Jet. I think he would behave himself this time. Remember...49ers gave Edwards a contract in 2011. Gamble may have been involved in approving that signing.

    Anyway...like I said. He's a cheap signing that you can cut before the season opens, if he's not healthy and showing enough to warrant a roster spot.

    It's no big deal either way as far as I'm concerned. He's not the the player he was in 2009-10. And never will be again.

  14. #34
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    7,078
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    Gamble signed him, he must have liked him.
    Yes.

    He wasn't healthy and probably did not beat out the other guys on that roster.

    But he is one of the Jets top 4 without question going into next year.

  15. #35
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    6,929
    Braylon Edwards would be an excellent value signing for a team with big salary cap constraints and a severe lack of offensive talent. I believe he'll be strongly considered by the new GM.

  16. #36
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    ft lauderdale
    Posts
    1,540
    Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    If Gamble does this, it would be retarded especially when he's basically the 2nd best WR on the team not named Holmes.

    Not re-signing him just 'cause he was "let go" from San Fran would make no sense whatsoever.








    That's only because you hate on Michigan.
    Doesn't the fact that he was cut prior to the playoffs say something?

  17. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by parafly View Post
    Braylon Edwards would be an excellent value signing for a team with big salary cap constraints and a severe lack of offensive talent. I believe he'll be strongly considered by the new GM.
    This. If Gamble was the GM of a team loaded with talent at WR I don't think he would be interested, but this WR group need a guy like BE for Depth.

    Holmes is ok (assuming he is healthy)
    Kerley is solid at slot WR
    S. Hill could take a big step forward or continue to struggle with catching the ball
    After that there is nothing left (schillens/gates/etc are waiver wire fodder). From what i have seen there isn't a stud WR available for us to take in the first round and the Jets need to address LB/OL/QB in the first couple of rounds. Keeping BE helps us draft more based on our needs.

  18. #38
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Electric Avenue
    Posts
    26,532
    Quote Originally Posted by joiseyjet View Post
    Maybe he was a desperate signing but he did a decent job here for the few games he was back for & he said all the right stuff for a change. He deserves a 2 year extension & we will go from there.
    What did he ever say wrong while he was a Jet?

  19. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by bcess View Post
    Doesn't the fact that he was cut prior to the playoffs say something?
    Yeah, it says that the Seahawks have more depth at WR than the Jets. Seahwaks have Rice, Tate and Baldwin to start. Again, if Holmes looks good and Hill makes big strides in the offseason, we may be able to cut BE also, but he wants to be here and will come very cheap. Its a no brainer signing imo.

  20. #40
    All League
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    North Jersey
    Posts
    2,749
    we would be able to resign him for dirt cheap, he is an excellent blocker, yes he probably won't be the same guy as 09-10, but still has some left in the tank, loves to play here, good locker room presence, plays his heart out.

    why wouldn't we resign him?

    5 wr next year will be
    Holmes
    Edwards
    Kerley
    Hill
    Gates

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us