Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 65

Thread: If gamble is hired what happens to #17

  1. #1
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    ft lauderdale
    Posts
    1,575

    If gamble is hired what happens to #17

    Can't see him keeping him

  2. #2
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Naples FL
    Posts
    43,807
    Quote Originally Posted by bcess View Post
    Can't see him keeping him
    Number 17 will belong to Jordan White again..

  3. #3
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Boynton Beach, FL
    Posts
    9,022
    Edwards no no future here. He was a desparate signing by a GM who was about to lose his job.

  4. #4
    The future of #17 is whatever the new GM wants it to be.

    Why? Is he the greatest WR ever or something? If he's replaced with better, whats the problem?

  5. #5
    Hall Of Fame
    Founding JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    10,216
    Maybe he was a desperate signing but he did a decent job here for the few games he was back for & he said all the right stuff for a change. He deserves a 2 year extension & we will go from there.

  6. #6
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Mendham, NJ
    Posts
    13,751
    Rex likes Braylon and if Sanchez is still on the team next season then I think barring a major upgrade, Braylon will be back.

  7. #7
    Undrafted Free Agent
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Green Frozen North
    Posts
    186
    nooooooooooooooo
    save the beard!!!!!!!

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by bcess View Post
    Can't see him keeping him
    I'm not understanding your point here.



    What makes you believe he won't keep him? Just because he was "let go" by San Fran means he's going to not even give him a look here?


    Braylon looked like he had something left in the tank(whenever the ball was thrown his way that is) after all which was a concern when he was re-acquired....


    I see no reason why Gamble would not re-sign him for a 1-year deal....


    Joe W. Namath wants Braylon gone but likes Teblow. Pure Lulz!

  9. #9
    No doubt SF is loaded with talent and toughness.....And I guess teams believe Gamble was a big part of building this team.....but lets understand SF has endured a brutal stretch of seasons prior to SF's climb up the standings last year.
    Draft picks...
    '05....#1
    '06....#6
    '07....#11
    '08....#29.....Had to trade into the first round to get #29 due to the fact SF traded up for #28 in '07 from NE for SFs '08 #1 which turned out to be the #7 pick in '08.
    '09....#10
    '10....#11
    '11....#7

    Seven years of drafting in the top 11 (including NE's SF pick in '08)

    In a PR touting Gamble's career, they associate Gamble with wins while working in the Colts staff thru '04......The power of Peyton Manning

    Looking at the turn around SF did last year, I personally would be crediting Harbough more than the staff that accumulated talent from the top of the draft for 7 straight years.
    Guess the Jets may be willing to be as patient as SF was.........just suck for 7 years to get enough talent.

  10. #10
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Long Island NY
    Posts
    646
    Is this really worth discussing? Edwards stays until they can find someone better to replace him. Right now he's no worse than our #3 WR and he'll come cheap. I don't understand why this is threadworthy.

  11. #11
    Undrafted Free Agent
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    145
    Agreed

  12. #12
    Gamble signed him, he must have liked him.

  13. #13
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    ft lauderdale
    Posts
    1,575
    [QUOTE=Vin;4761785]I'm not understanding your point here.



    What makes you believe he won't keep him? Just because he was "let go" by San Fran means he's going to not even give him a look here?


    Braylon looked like he had something left in the tank(whenever the ball was thrown his way that is) after all which was a concern when he was re-acquired....


    I see no reason why Gamble would not re-sign him for a 1-year deal....





    Yep, that is exactly my point

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Redrew View Post
    No doubt SF is loaded with talent and toughness.....And I guess teams believe Gamble was a big part of building this team.....but lets understand SF has endured a brutal stretch of seasons prior to SF's climb up the standings last year.
    Draft picks...
    '05....#1
    '06....#6
    '07....#11
    '08....#29.....Had to trade into the first round to get #29 due to the fact SF traded up for #28 in '07 from NE for SFs '08 #1 which turned out to be the #7 pick in '08.
    '09....#10
    '10....#11
    '11....#7

    Seven years of drafting in the top 11 (including NE's SF pick in '08)

    In a PR touting Gamble's career, they associate Gamble with wins while working in the Colts staff thru '04......The power of Peyton Manning

    Looking at the turn around SF did last year, I personally would be crediting Harbough more than the staff that accumulated talent from the top of the draft for 7 straight years.
    Guess the Jets may be willing to be as patient as SF was.........just suck for 7 years to get enough talent.

    Why are you even looking at the draft for those years? he had notheing to do with the draft except for the last two years? Read his bio before you comment on him

  15. #15
    Let Gamble decide.

    Jets have big CAP problems. He would be a cheap signing. And easily voidable if he shows nothing much in TC-preseason. If healthy...Braylon could be a backup #5 wideout, who can be a mentor for Hill, and any other young WR the Jets acquire.

    Either way...it's no big deal whether he stays or goes. Jets offense is not likely to be better then #25 - 20th in the league next year. And if that happens...it would be a noticeable improvement over the #30 it was this past year.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    The future of #17 is whatever the new GM wants it to be.

    Why? Is he the greatest WR ever or something? If he's replaced with better, whats the problem?
    Not to mention the new OC's take.

  17. #17
    Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Borgo's House
    Posts
    4,479
    Quote Originally Posted by bcess View Post
    Can't see him keeping him
    Oh my god. Braylonites.

    We need a QB. Let's focus on what is important.

  18. #18
    Who cares?

  19. #19
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Ormond Beach, Florida, United States
    Posts
    12,770
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Rex likes Braylon and if Sanchez is still on the team next season then I think barring a major upgrade, Braylon will be back.
    I feel that way too. I think Edwards earned a chance to compete for a major role with us next season.

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Rex likes Braylon and if Sanchez is still on the team next season then I think barring a major upgrade, Braylon will be back.
    I would love it if Rex, Sanchez, Braylon, and Tebow were all gone from the team.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us