Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Ground & Pound, one thing I want from the new NY Jets is...

Quote Originally Posted by Tinstar View Post
    Yes i do, and u and other should stop mentioning brick in the same breath as players like joe thomas. Brick can't run block at the POA, never could and never will. Thomas can, always have and still does and he's a solid Pass protector also.

Why should i wait until this Player has no value to move him when i can move him now and improve the team in a year when there 're so many solid OLmen in the 1st round who are younger, can run and pass block and will be cheaper for the next 4-5 yrs.

Brick is not Untoucheable, even if half this board thinks he is. He was on that OL that everyone around here says doesn't give that bum Sanchez enough time to scan the field. Our team doesn't have a QB and our HC wants to run the ball, so what good does a Pass blocking LT who's costing us tons against the cap,can't run block and aging get us.

Let me tell u what, a 1st round pick from the bears so we can either use it on an OLBer we desperately need or another young Cheap OLman for the next 4-5 yrs and build our OL. When will this Franchise or it's fans ever get proactive instead of always reacting. When will this Franchise ever move players 1 yr before instead of 1 yr after. When will this franchise stop over paying for quality players instead of star plays.

Brick Ferguson is a Quality player, not a star. Revis is a star, and i wanna trade him also.
    I believe we would incur a $7mm cap hit if we cut or traded D-Brick! Not sure but jet looking at Jason's Cap page.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    I can't even begin to tell you how retarded this plan is.

I guarantee you're the only one on this entire board who would approve of it.
    I was never 1 to run with the crowd anyway, so that doesn't bother me any. Someone once told me this. " Scared money doesn't make money". Inorder to move forward, sometimes you have to take a step back.

Hall Of Fame
    I agree. But I do not think it is going away. I think Gamble's offensive philosophy aligns with Rex's. Just take a look at SF.

We will know right away by who they hire as OC and what personnel moves they make on offense.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Conkboy View Post
    I believe we would incur a $7mm cap hit if we cut or traded D-Brick! Not sure but jet looking at Jason's Cap page.
    Dude if i could find a way, Brick, Sanchez, Holmes, Revis and all the other dead weight on this team would be playing somewhere else next yr. Just so you know, I like the talent of Revis and Brick, but i am more interested in building a team, not putting money in people's pockets.

Just a thought......Ravens moved Oher to Rt today, part of a revamping of their oline. At #9, could get a stud lt; move Brick to rt, draft a guard in rd2-3, and all of a sudden, things don't look so bad anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by section314 View Post
    Just a thought......Ravens moved Oher to Rt today, part of a revamping of their oline. At #9, could get a stud lt; move Brick to rt, draft a guard in rd2-3, and all of a sudden, things don't look so bad anymore.
    I can't argue with that excpet that things won't look better until we a find a QB that can complete 60% of his passes....

Dude if i could find a way, Brick, Sanchez, Holmes, Revis and all the other dead weight on this team would be playing somewhere else next yr. Just so you know, I like the talent of Revis and Brick, but i am more interested in building a team, not putting money in people's pockets.
    I am more inclined to try and get something for Revis at draft time this year... If Rex stays this year, it could be his last. Revis is going to want top dollar at the end of the 2013 season and will be a FA. A shaky coaching situation will not help us keep him around either... Trade Revis before the draft for a mid to later first rounder and a number 3 in 2014 with incentive to move it to a 2nd.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by section314 View Post
    Why, The guy can't run block at the POA to save his life. He's a pass protector who struggles with stunts.

Jets Insider VIP
    I am more inclined to try and get something for Revis at draft time this year... If Rex stays this year, it could be his last. Revis is going to want top dollar at the end of the 2013 season and will be a FA. A shaky coaching situation will not help us keep him around either... Trade Revis before the draft for a mid to later first rounder and a number 3 in 2014 with incentive to move it to a 2nd.
    Why do people think we can get a 1st round pick for Revis, who is going to command a huge contract and is coming off an ACL injury?

This "1st rounder for Revis" mess is nothing more than a pipedream.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by jetswin View Post
    ...to leave this in the dust

Anyone who watched yesterday's awful playoff games can plainly see that in today's NFL you have to throw the ball. Look at Minnesota owner's an all world RB who ran extremely well and a QB that has no right being in the league (where were the stats and talk of his horrendous play last night, if that had been Sanchez lol).

Think back to the most successful NY Jet teams, early Namath hurling bombs, O'Brien outdueling Marino in aerial shows, Testaverde shredding D's. Sanchez led trips to Championship games were more a function of parity than good offenses imho and it's time to try another way.

If for no other reason than for the fan's, who has a ridiculously high vested interest in their team today, entertainment put this G&P nonsense to sleep, forever.

thanks for listening
    It is a passing league as the saying goes.

I don't like the term G&P it implies control the game thru running. Brady controls the game by short passes which are real affective especially in the no Huddle.

I think the Jets need good running backs that run a balanced and non predictable game plan. We can start with a good OC that calls a good game.

Why do people think we can get a 1st round pick for Revis, who is going to command a huge contract and is coming off an ACL injury?

Petersons season helps... Why not try? I have no idea what we can get for Revis but a team may be willing to take a shot. I might consider trading him for a 3rd in 2013 with incentives that gives us a 1 in 2014 if he makes the pro bowl or is all-pro. I just don't see us being able to retain him after this season and would welcome us trying to get something in return. I don't see us making a SuperBowl run next season so why not shop him around and see what we can possibly get?

I know it won't happen but - JPP for Revis should be the trade.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by jetswin View Post
    Chad Pennington was a rare player ruined by injury, the fact that he was such polarizing a player here at JI means he will never get his due. That being said Paul Hacker sucked worse than Shotty imho, I never want to see a coach like that again.

"it's ok we'll just kick." - Paul Hacker

"no thanks." - jetswin
    When the hc is HERM, what did you expect? LOL Tinstar was and obviously is a HERM fan. I am not and never will be! But I have lost respect for WRECKS as well.

I think Alex Smith could do very well for us rather then Sanchez. I hope we work out a deal for him.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by ASG0531 View Post
    You've got to be kidding me. Peterson proved how useless he was last night when Rodgers put his team up by three touchdowns.
    I disagree. He carried his team on his back for most of the season.

We had ground&pound the first 2 years as training wheels for Sanchez. Look at the stats the last 2 years, we really weren't running it the way we did the 1st two years. The difference was is that we took the training wheels off for Sanchez and look what happened.

Just because Rex said we would be grounding and pounding in his introductory press conference, doesn't necessarily mean that's what we've been doing the last 4 years.

Jets Insider VIP
    I do agree with you on this! We are going knowhere fast with BRICK at LT. He is regressing. Revis is great but coming back from an injury. Its time to see what we can get for them!

Sanchez MUST be gone from the Jets! WRECKS is undeniably married to him and fails to see that he is NOT a starting QB. A trade is mandatory! The new GM must take charge of this issue or we will be marching in place!

Jets Insider VIP
    Petersons season helps... Why not try? I have no idea what we can get for Revis but a team may be willing to take a shot. I might consider trading him for a 3rd in 2013 with incentives that gives us a 1 in 2014 if he makes the pro bowl or is all-pro. I just don't see us being able to retain him after this season and would welcome us trying to get something in return. I don't see us making a SuperBowl run next season so why not shop him around and see what we can possibly get?
    I agree with trading Revis, there's just no way we're getting a 1st round pick for him.

I'd take a 2nd and be perfectly content.

Hell, I'd give strong consideration to shipping him for a high 3rd.

Jets Insider VIP
    I was around when Miami had Czonka and Hicks for RBs. They were ground and pound and couldn't be stopped. Where are we going to get an OL and RBs like that.

I think the Dolphins were undefeated that year in reg season.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by RMJK View Post
    I was around when Miami had Czonka and Hicks for RBs. They were ground and pound and couldn't be stopped. Where are we going to get an OL and RBs like that.

I think the Dolphins were undefeated that year in reg season.
    Who cares about what worked back in 1972?

The game has completely changed since then.

And even when Czonka and Morris were pounding the hell out of everyone on the ground, the Phins still had Griese at QB.

Who cares about what worked back in 1972?

The game has completely changed since then.

And even when Czonka and Morris were pounding the hell out of everyone on the ground, the Phins still had Griese at QB.
    ....and Warfield at WR