Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gamble?

Gamble?

Just saw ticker on NFL channel and it said four other teams to talk to Gamble this week. San Diego is one of them. Looks like the Jets aren't close to signing him. Anyone have any information on this?

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Squirt View Post
    Just saw ticker on NFL channel and it said four other teams to talk to Gamble this week. San Diego is one of them. Looks like the Jets aren't close to signing him. Anyone have any information on this?
    According to PFT he has postponed his SD interview for later in the week in order to wrap things up with the Jets.

It's clear with this and the cancellation of his second interview with Jax that the Jets are his top choice. As long and the $ and years are right, he wil be our next GM.

Practice Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by pcola View Post
    According to PFT he has postponed his SD interview for later in the week in order to wrap things up with the Jets.

It's clear with this and the cancellation of his second interview with Jax that the Jets are his top choice. As long and the $ and years are right, he wil be our next GM.
    That and they are waiting to comply with The Rooney Rule before announcing the hiring.

Quick question regarding the Rooney rule...

Which FO positions are written in the rule?

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite View Post

GM definitely. The Jets cant sign Gamble until at least Monday when they'll interview Ross.

Thanks for the info everyone. We just have to wait and see.

They have to interview Ross first on Monday, so I would not expect anything until after that

Quote Originally Posted by Squirt View Post

Actually it looks more and more like he is our giy:

http://www.ganggreennation.com/2013/...back-interview

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite View Post

Good question. I'm not sure what encompasses " senior football operations positions ."

Quote Originally Posted by barkus View Post
    They have to interview Ross first on Monday, so I would not expect anything until after that
    It's a shame that Ross is associated with that absurd Rooney Rule. He is a very highly regarded talent evaluator, and should be interviewed because he is good. Jets are doing their due dilligence by interviewing him. We could do alot worse than having him as our GM. We already have, many times.

Quote Originally Posted by section314 View Post
    It's a shame that Ross is associated with that absurd Rooney Rule. He is a very highly regarded talent evaluator, and should be interviewed because he is good. Jets are doing their due dilligence by interviewing him. We could do alot worse than having him as our GM. We already have, many times.
    I agree with everything in your post. I think gamble will be the guy since he has some ties to Rex.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by barkus View Post
    I agree with everything in your post. I think gamble will be the guy since he has some ties to Rex.
    Maybe, but that should be the LAST reason.

This next season isn't about Rex. It's about getting this roster out of the upside down situation it's currently in and building it correctly, with or without Rex Ryan.

All Pro
    I have this awful disgusting feeling that Rex Ryan is going to be a deal breaker with this Gamble guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinstar View Post
    I have this awful disgusting feeling that Rex Ryan is going to be a deal breaker with this Gamble guy.
    This has been my fear with all the upper tier candidates since the search began.

If we end up promoting Scott Cohen, I'm going to throw up.

Are you not paying attention?

Quote Originally Posted by Tinstar View Post
    Gamble has ties with the Ryan family. There are statements out there that he respects Rex Ryan as a great coach. The deal breaker is that he gets a great coach that's already here and the players love playing for him. I really think if you switch fan bases Jets and Steelers during the time when Cowher had struggling years, our stupid fans would have run Bill Cowher out of town. How sad is our fan base?

Jets Insider VIP
    What if, and a big what if, Marc Ross blows away Woody Johnson and the firm tomorrow?

Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    What if, and a big what if, Marc Ross blows away Woody Johnson and the firm tomorrow?
    Then we still win.

Ross and Gamble are two candidates high on my wish list.

Then we hire Marc Ross?

Good question. I'm not sure what encompasses " senior football operations positions ."
    Unconstitutional.

Quote Originally Posted by fullblast View Post
    Then we hire Marc Ross?

Yay.