Thread: Who will be the new DC

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Who will be the new DC

Since pettine will likely be gone, who's it going a to be. The D will likely take a step back unless someone can step in who understands the current defense. Hopefully someone on staff (maybe Thurman) has enought knowledge of the system to run it. I'm sure Rex can help but I'm not sure if he can do it all by himself.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thurman will likely leave if he doesn't get it... So I'm hoping he does.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think it's pretty much guaranteed that Thurman gets the promotion.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    def thurman

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Rex Ryan

Quote Originally Posted by bcess View Post
    Since pettine will likely be gone, who's it going a to be. The D will likely take a step back unless someone can step in who understands the current defense. Hopefully someone on staff (maybe Thurman) has enought knowledge of the system to run it. I'm sure Rex can help but I'm not sure if he can do it all by himself.
    Dennis Thurman will be, is my guess. Rex made all the defensive calls last year anyway, which is probably why Pettine went into such a tizzy.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite View Post
    Thurman will likely leave if he doesn't get it... So I'm hoping he does.
    Not sure but didn't Rex bring both Pettine and Thurman from Baltimore. If so hopefully he isn't going with Pettine and stays with Rex

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Will the new DC be good at this?

Leaking Wreck's propaganda to the press and be the first rat to leave the sinking ship. Pettine was good at those things. Something you want to instill in your players.
    Last edited by Stillafan; 01-06-2013 at 03:49 PM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not sure but didn't Rex bring both Pettine and Thurman from Baltimore. If so hopefully he isn't going with Pettine and stays with Rex
    Thurman's talented and well respected. He'd get a gig elsewhere much quicker than Pettine. He's already been interviewed by other teams...

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    I think it's pretty much guaranteed that Thurman gets the promotion.
    Sounds like it.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    why can't rex do it? bring in Norv to co-head coach with rex and control the offense.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think Mike Pettine will come back. He was hesitant to sign any extensions because he thought Rex might be getting fired. Now that Rex will definitely be back, I think Pettine will reconsider.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    I think Mike Pettine will come back. He was hesitant to sign any extensions because he thought Rex might be getting fired. Now that Rex will definitely be back, I think Pettine will reconsider.
    I'm certainly not excited about keeping someone on staff that needs his phone tapped...

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite View Post
    I'm certainly not excited about keeping someone on staff that needs his phone tapped...
    Ummmmmm this he should have been FIRED!!!!!

And I like him.....

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    thurman will most likely be dc. even if pettine reconsiders it will all come down to which guy will e offered the job. thurman has already been blocked from leaving so he really needs to be moved up or he'll move out.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sameoldjets View Post
    thurman will most likely be dc. even if pettine reconsiders it will all come down to which guy will e offered the job. thurman has already been blocked from leaving so he really needs to be moved up or he'll move out.
    How was he blocked from leaving

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Why does the DC matter at all? Rex calls his own plays.