Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Jets to Cut Scott,Pace, Eric Smith and Jason Smith

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by section314 View Post
    I'll tell ya, Jason Smith must really be bad. He couldn't even get into a rotation to share snaps with Howard, like Vlad did with Slauson. I guess he was the Ram's Gholston. Sadly, every team has one those, I guess.
    I still can't figure out how he wound up with all that cash. Guess more magic from our former contract/cap wizard.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    I still can't figure out how he wound up with all that cash. Guess more magic from our former contract/cap wizard.
    He was pretty much a wash with Hunter this year. Smith didnt cost the Jets anymore than Hunter was scheduled to make. His bloated roster bonus next year was never going to be even a remote possibility.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    Too bad the date on the announcement was not January 2012 instead of 2013. We all knew those guys were dogs.
    Agreed with respect to E. Smith but Pace would have been a $9+M cap hit and Scott $7+M. They couldn't be cut unfortunately.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    He was pretty much a wash with Hunter this year. Smith didnt cost the Jets anymore than Hunter was scheduled to make. His bloated roster bonus next year was never going to be even a remote possibility.
    Thanks for clarifying. I'm holding you personally responsible for making sure.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Thanks. Did Hunter ever get any pt with the Rams? I know he had to go here, but from what I saw from Smith with us, Rams seem to have gotten better part of that swap.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for clarifying. I'm holding you personally responsible for making sure.
    LOL..I will do my best. If the new GM needs someone to tell him that a 12 million bonus to Smith is a bad idea, then we are all in deep, deep trouble.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks. Did Hunter ever get any pt with the Rams? I know he had to go here, but from what I saw from Smith with us, Rams seem to have gotten better part of that swap.
    I didnt see a lot of him, but I do think he started a few games and had a similar role as Smith coming in for jumbo packages and such.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Pace is still here? I though he retired two years ago. Haven't seen him much.
    I feel the same way about Bryan Thomas. He played this season? Who knew.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hunter was their starting LT when we played them and I think he played a lot of games at both LT and RT for them.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 124 View Post
    I feel the same way about Bryan Thomas. He played this season? Who knew.
    At least Bryan Thomas didn't get paid much.

To be honest, I want Thomas back next year and us to draft 2 OLBs.

Go with Thomas and Mcintyre as well as the two new draft picks.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Who's making these decisions? Bradway, Rex, Woody certainly not the Jets GM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Choon328 View Post
    Cut Tebow and Pouha for another savings of $5.3 million.
    I am not on board with cutting either. If you can't trade Tebow cut Sanchez. I get you can't cut both but if you cut one let it be Sanchez. I'd rather see him gone. Tebow at least has value in both trade and as a player. Same with Pouha I see 0 reason to out right cut him. I am mad he missed part of the season but he is still a very good player. If he will not take a pay cut Try to trade him but overall we do need him back. With Devito gone you need an exp DL in the mix and he can play a 3-4 DE. That 3.8 mil your getting isn't really saving you a whole lot in the way of value. Your not likely to find a lot of good NT/DE that will sign for under 3 mil. I'd rather see him rework his deal for 2 year 8 mil fully guaranteed 3-5 mil respectively. He may be old but there are a few teams that could use a guy like him. If we could even get a 6th out of Pouha it is better then just cutting him IMO.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

talking crazy

Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    the entire nfl thinks the jets are the laughing stock of the league.

players,coaches,owners,referees other fans not just other people.
    Who are you talking about???Some Jet fans on this forum have guilty feelings, over what! Get over it, its paranoia.One of the top GM candidates will sign on here, like him or not, an experienced OC will sign on here.And the'll get on with the important stuff, rebuilding the roster.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by intelligentjetsfan View Post
    Its a good start.

Please add Mark Sanchez.

And then I would add this name as well; Santonio Holmes. I can't wait for that selfish punk to get off the team. If we are going to bite the bullet next season we might as well swallow it all.
    Sanchez's extention is amusing. Its like mark's agent knew Sanchez was just going to get even worse than last year. The structure of the contract makes that obvious. Instead of a structure where he would get a nice roster bonus for not being cut, the agent schools Tanny into making the Jets pay a huge penalty if they cut mark lol.. Worst contract I have seen in a long time..