Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 94

Thread: Jets to Cut Scott,Pace, Eric Smith and Jason Smith

  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by GenoT View Post
    I think he'd be cool with reworking his deal. He;s definitely going to be asked to
    yeah, as long as he is not going to take a cut, he did not get a large sb, he got guranteed money.

  2. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishooked View Post
    I almost hope we keep Rex, just out of spite.
    That is Ryan Retention Theory #36: Punish him by keeping him.

    SAR I

  3. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by GenoT View Post
    I think he'd be cool with reworking his deal. He;s definitely going to be asked to
    This. The rest of the overpaid bums can't dissappear fast enough. Cya!!

  4. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by intelligentjetsfan View Post
    Its a good start.

    Please add Mark Sanchez.

    And then I would add this name as well; Santonio Holmes. I can't wait for that selfish punk to get off the team. If we are going to bite the bullet next season we might as well swallow it all.
    There is no biting the bullet here. Cutting those guys saves money.

    Cutting Sanchez and Holmes is a whole different story.

  5. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by detectivekimble View Post
    There is no biting the bullet here. Cutting those guys saves money.

    Cutting Sanchez and Holmes is a whole different story.
    cutting sanchez regardless of the financial impact sends a message.

    the jets need to rid themselves of as being the laughing stock of the nfl.

  6. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    cutting sanchez regardless of the financial impact sends a message.

    the jets need to rid themselves of as being the laughing stock of the nfl.
    Why do you care what other people think about you or your team?

  7. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    Why do you care what other people think about you or your team?
    the entire nfl thinks the jets are the laughing stock of the league.

    players,coaches,owners,referees other fans not just other people.

  8. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    the entire nfl thinks the jets are the laughing stock of the league.

    players,coaches,owners,referees other fans not just other people.

  9. #49
    no surprises in cutting those guys. moore and howard will probably be cut and possibly pouha.

  10. #50
    That's a good start. Our entire LB unit needs to be replaced, they were by far the Achilles heal of the defense this year.

  11. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by hatnlvr View Post
    That's a good start. Our entire LB unit needs to be replaced, they were by far the Achilles heal of the defense this year.
    harris is a beast. give the guy a break he plays all out all the time. surrounded by slugs.

  12. #52
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Fr:NYC to Mid Ga.
    Posts
    8,838
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishooked View Post
    I almost hope we keep Rex, just out of spite.
    Me dont! I hope he gets axe.

  13. #53
    Seeing a bunch of people figuring on Scott, Devito, Pouha n Harris being let go. I can see letting 2 of em go (Scott n Devito) but we need some veteran bruisers in the middle. Don't trust Ellis enough yet to make up for all those losses.

    No question Harris has gotta stay and hopefully Pouha too.

  14. #54
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    St. Peter-Ording (Germany)
    Posts
    5,530
    Eric Smith gone?! The day we have all been waiting for...

  15. #55

    Cool

    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    the entire nfl thinks the jets are the laughing stock of the league.

    players,coaches,owners,referees other fans not just other people.
    SO. WHAT.

  16. #56
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaming Mo View Post
    Eric Smith gone?! The day we have all been waiting for...
    we actually all agree on that one.

  17. #57
    Eric smith sucks

  18. #58
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Electric Avenue
    Posts
    26,532
    Quote Originally Posted by PrivateJoker6 View Post
    The Jets are expected to release OLB Calvin Pace, ILB Bart Scott, OT Jason Smith, and S Eric Smith as soon as the waiver period opens in February.
    Pace has been one of the least productive pass rushers in the league over the past three seasons. The moves will save $8.56 million on Pace, $7.15 million on Scott, $12 million on Jason Smith, and $3 million on Eric Smith while accounting for just $4.5 million in dead money. The Jets will have still little cap space with just 10 starters under contract.


    Per Rotoworld
    We don't save $12M on Jason Smith. He was only counting $2.45M against the cap. It's irrelevant what he was scheduled to make in 2013 because we weren't keeping him from Day 1 anyway.

  19. #59
    That's it? Who's next?

  20. #60
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    the entire nfl thinks the jets are the laughing stock of the league.

    players,coaches,owners,referees other fans not just other people.
    And that makes you cry?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us