Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 41

Thread: Who would be for a Colts type rebuild?

  1. #1
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    702
    Post Thanks / Like

    Who would be for a Colts type rebuild?

    Lets face it, this team is not winning next year. I say blow it up, cut or trade every overpriced player and those who wont renegoiate, no matter the consequences to the cap and start fresh. Lets get what we can for the "good" players while we still can. One year of sucking tremendously is better than just getting by for several years.

  2. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    3,386
    Post Thanks / Like
    we have no chance of drafting a qb like luck...............there isnt 1 available.

  3. #3
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    1,071
    Post Thanks / Like
    What else did they do besides cutting manning because they had their choice of qb's in the draft?

  4. #4
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    6,076
    Post Thanks / Like
    They still have Mathis and Freeny .. Even with their walkers.

  5. #5
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    702
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    we have no chance of drafting a qb like luck...............there isnt 1 available.
    Not saying there is. Just saying we might need a complete overhaul and give younger guys a chance. I know there is no Luck or RG3 in this draft, but what we got aint winning anything.
    Last edited by STL Jet fan; 01-06-2013 at 05:38 PM.

  6. #6
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    5,550
    Post Thanks / Like
    In a heartbeat. That is the intelligent approach to digging out of the cesspool we are currently in.

  7. #7
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    13,228
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not me. This team already has the makings of a championship team. They won't win next season, but they could easily be right back in contention with a good draft and FA period. I think blowing up the team would be crazy.

  8. #8
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    1,781
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Colts killed this year's draft. Luck, Fleener, Allen, Hilton, Ballard, Brazill. Then in FA getting back Wayne and Avery. They basically set their offense up. They'll need another WR and probably a linemen or 3, but they went almost all offense in the 2012 draft. They'll do that for the D next draft.

  9. #9
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Delaware
    Posts
    6,292
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am in.

  10. #10
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,390
    Post Thanks / Like
    Give me Andrew Luck and you can do whatever else you want with this team.

  11. #11
    All League
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Forked River, NJ
    Posts
    4,696
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    Not me. This team already has the makings of a championship team. They won't win next season, but they could easily be right back in contention with a good draft and FA period. I think blowing up the team would be crazy.
    Makings of a championship team?

    I will grant you there are some good players on the defensive side of the ball. But we need to fill lots of holes before we can even get into the conversation about contenders.

    I think you are looking through green colored glasses.

  12. #12
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Delaware
    Posts
    6,292
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    we have no chance of drafting a qb like luck...............there isnt 1 available.
    What chance do we have of drafting 1 like the kid that backs up RG3 ?

  13. #13
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    7,949
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinstar View Post
    What chance do we have of drafting 1 like the kid that backs up RG3 ?
    So sick of hearing the greatness that is Kirk Cousins...

    He was good in college, not great. He's smart but no athlete. His arm is decent, nothing special...

    Jesus Christ...

  14. #14
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    1,781
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite View Post
    So sick of hearing the greatness that is Kirk Cousins...

    He was good in college, not great. He's smart but no athlete. His arm is decent, nothing special...

    Jesus Christ...
    now that guy could chuck the ball all over the field

  15. #15
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    7,949
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BamaJets View Post
    now that guy could chuck the ball all over the field

  16. #16
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Vinegar Hill, Brooklyn ...
    Posts
    2,228
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite View Post

    Jesus Christ...
    The Holy Father has, as yet, not declared for the draft this year ...

  17. #17
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    39,380
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by STL Jet fan View Post
    Lets face it, this team is not winning next year. I say blow it up, cut or trade every overpriced player and those who wont renegoiate, no matter the consequences to the cap and start fresh. Lets get what we can for the "good" players while we still can. One year of sucking tremendously is better than just getting by for several years.
    Yeah but that's not what the Colts did.

    They tanked an entire season because they knew the very next year that the number one overall pick had the potential of being the best quarterback prospect in a decade.

    So if you're saying we should tank every season until Johnny football is available with the number one pick, that would be "a Colts type rebuild".

    SAR I

  18. #18
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    2,488
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Yeah but that's not what the Colts did.

    They tanked an entire season because they knew the very next year that the number one overall pick had the potential of being the best quarterback prospect in a decade.

    So if you're saying we should tank every season until Johnny football is available with the number one pick, that would be "a Colts type rebuild".

    SAR I
    Johnny Manziel should never be compared to Luck as an NFL prospect. Manziel is an unbelievable college player, but I am skeptical of his chances in the NFL.

  19. #19
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Delaware
    Posts
    6,292
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite View Post
    So sick of hearing the greatness that is Kirk Cousins...

    He was good in college, not great. He's smart but no athlete. His arm is decent, nothing special...

    Jesus Christ...
    Didn't mean to get u upset Brother. I never said the kid was great and for what it's worth i didn't even remember his name. All i want until i can find my franchise QB is someone who can do what Greg McElroy did for Alabama at the professional level. Thus far that kid in 2 opportunities have proven he might be able to do just that.

    Relax Man.

  20. #20
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    7,949
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinstar View Post
    Didn't mean to get u upset Brother. I never said the kid was great and for what it's worth i didn't even remember his name. All i want until i can find my franchise QB is someone who can do what Greg McElroy did for Alabama at the professional level. Thus far that kid in 2 opportunities have proven he might be able to do just that.

    Relax Man.
    Didn't mean to single you out. It happens a lot though, including people wanting to trade for him.

    Sorry for being jumpy...

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us