Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The ButtFumble [MS Paint]

Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Yes. That's exactly what happened. Mark was focused on an opening and the moment he got there Wilfork threw Moore like a rag doll into Mark's path.

It was a great play by Wilfork, a terrible play by Moore, and Mark Sanchez was the innocent victim. But, in these parts, all we do is blame the quarterback.

SAR I
    SAR I never pegged you for a Sanchez apologist on the level of Ray Ray .... Until now.
    Last edited by Dunnie; 01-06-2013 at 08:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    ok whats the excuse for the other 31 nfl leading turnovers.
    He knows not what he speaks of.

Jets Insider VIP
    Yes. That's exactly what happened. Mark was focused on an opening and the moment he got there Wilfork threw Moore like a rag doll into Mark's path.

It was a great play by Wilfork, a terrible play by Moore, and Mark Sanchez was the innocent victim. But, in these parts, all we do is blame the quarterback.

SAR I
    I'm not one to defend Moore and I think his play has declined. But in the credit where credit is due department, Moore holds his ground against Wilfork. In fact, Moore pushes Wilfork back. The idiot Collinsworth said he didn't and obviously anybody that thinks it has not looked at the play.

Watch it here, Moore holds his ground and Sanchez just inexplicably runs into his ass.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=JxVa6V304f4

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by crossfire View Post
    I'm not one to defend Moore and I think his play has declined. But in the credit where credit is due department, Moore holds his ground against Wilfork. In fact, Moore pushes Wilfork back. The idiot Collinsworth said he didn't and obviously anybody that thinks it has not looked at the play.

Watch it here, Moore holds his ground and Sanchez just inexplicably runs into his ass.
    +1

Moore actually pushes Wilfork back a full yard.

Sanchez is just a complete bum of a QB.

half way decent qbs do not get themselves caught up in the wash when the pocket collapses.

Banned

SAR I

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    ok whats the excuse for the other 31 nfl leading turnovers.
    Receivers who can't run routes, running backs that can't move the ball, offensive linemen that can't block, offensive coordinators that can't call smart plays, receivers who can't catch, running backs who aren't placed as dump-off options, a GM that didn't replace quality offensive talent, and a head coach who wants to win games on the ground with no ground attack forcing our quarterback to throw too much to a talentless group.

SAR I

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    SAR I never pegged you for a Sanchez apologist on the level of Ray Ray .... Until now.
    I'm not a Sanchez apologist, but rather someone who thinks that with a talented group of offensive partners he might return to form.

The butt fumble play irks me because it's another smokescreen for the Ryan apologists. The defense lost that game. It was embarrassing how porous they were. Edleman's TD on a simple slant, the 90 yard TD on a dump-off to Vereen, the TE's lighting up the secondary. Special teams too. Shonn Greene didn't run. But the only highlight that the feeble-minded remember is this fumble which never happens if Moore doesn't get pwned by Wilfork.

We're supposed to win games on defense and a ground attack. The passing game was ignored back in July, not a surprise that Mark Sanchez didn't have a successful campaign. Quite surprising that the defense and special teams were that bad.

SAR I

All League
    I'm not a Sanchez apologist
    SAR I

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by crossfire View Post

Let's say you're right, dumb play by Sanchez.

It's still not the reason we lost that game. And no one wants to talk about it. Sanchez lousy play has smoke screened the failures of Ryan's defense and the running game and the special teams. That's why it's upsetting.

"Buttfumble" is code for "Pay no attention to that lousy defense". It's irksome.

SAR I

I'm not a Sanchez apologist, but rather someone who thinks that with a talented group of offensive partners he might return to form.

The butt fumble play irks me because it's another smokescreen for the Ryan apologists. The defense lost that game. It was embarrassing how porous they were. Edleman's TD on a simple slant, the 90 yard TD on a dump-off to Vereen, the TE's lighting up the secondary. Special teams too. Shonn Greene didn't run. But the only highlight that the feeble-minded remember is this fumble which never happens if Moore doesn't get pwned by Wilfork.

We're supposed to win games on defense and a ground attack. The passing game was ignored back in July, not a surprise that Mark Sanchez didn't have a successful campaign. Quite surprising that the defense and special teams were that bad.

SAR I
    You know, that caricature of a commentator Collinsworth said that Wilfork threw Moore too.
    Watch the vid, Moore holds his own, engaging Wilfork perfectly. Moore falls only after Sanchez runs into his ass.
    I don't see how anyone can see it differently.
    Last edited by Guy Incognito; 01-06-2013 at 10:44 PM. Reason: Feeble-mindedness.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by Braumeister View Post
    As bad as he played, Mark Sanchez turnovers led to no points against and he had a third-quarter lead at Tennessee. The defense gave up a 95 yard touchdown run on one play, and a methodical 66 yard answerback TD right after we scored.

This was against the worst offense in the NFL featuring a backup OL and a fourth-string center, no less.

The defense was criminal in Tennessee. But all we ever tall about is the quarterback.

SAR I

Jets Insider VIP

SAR I
    Yes, and John F. Kennedy rammed his head into a bullet.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

SAR I
    This is such a myth. It's amazing that with clear video evidence of Wilfork being stood up by Moore that people continue to defend Sanchez with this totally fabricated narrative.

Watch the tape. Tape don't lie.

Quote Originally Posted by Traitor Jay & the Woodies View Post
    This is such a myth. It's amazing that with clear video evidence of Wilfork being stood up by Moore that people continue to defend Sanchez with this totally fabricated narrative.

Watch the tape. Tape don't lie.
    If you're someone who believes there's a 30% chance Sanchez can still be capable of delivering a Super Bowl, this is a narrative you have to believe in as well.

I mean, Sanchez himself admitted in his presser that he ran the wrong play. That certainly contributed to the play but it's a mental mistake nonetheless.
    Last edited by ASG0531; 01-06-2013 at 11:06 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Let's say you're right, dumb play by Sanchez.

It's still not the reason we lost that game. And no one wants to talk about it. Sanchez lousy play has smoke screened the failures of Ryan's defense and the running game and the special teams. That's why it's upsetting.

"Buttfumble" is code for "Pay no attention to that lousy defense". It's irksome.

SAR I
    We don't have to "say" I am right. The video clearly shows that I am right. Yes, dumb play by Sanchez. One of many.

And I don't think Sanchez was the only reason that the team lost. There were many places to lay the blame. But saying that the butt fumble play was anyone else's fault but Sanchez is incorrect.

All of the Jets issues are not all his fault but sadly, I think he is damaged goods. He panics too often. He has shown no leadership skills in a couple of years. A good QB on a bad team does not compound the mistakes. Sanchez compounds mistakes constantly. Plays like the first play of the game against Arizona when he lofts an interception show that he has his head up his ass.

Plays like the butt fumble show that he also has his head up other asses too.
    Last edited by crossfire; 01-06-2013 at 11:26 PM.

I still can't believe that happened. Of course to make is even more horrible a Patriot just grabs it and jogs into the endzone.

The look on that guys face in the stands about sums it up.

I will never have any idea how Mark Sanchez just runs full speed into Moore's ass. I don't care if Wilfork pushed him or not. Watching that video is just impossible to analyze WTF Sanchez was thinking. I mean full speed, it's full sprint directly into someone's ass. I have no idea. I never will.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post

I will never have any idea how Mark Sanchez just runs full speed into Moore's ass. I don't care if Wilfork pushed him or not. Watching that video is just impossible to analyze WTF Sanchez was thinking. I mean full speed, it's full sprint directly into someone's ass. I have no idea. I never will.

Watch and you'll see Wilfork rotate his body towards the quarterback so much that the torque spins the name of his jersey out of view on the back. You will also see Moore's left leg come completely up and off the ground as he is thrown into Sanchez' path. You will see Mark Sanchez attempting to slide back to the line of scrimmage and just as he starts his slide, Moore's butt hits him in the facemask.

An ugly play, but it's Moore who should be getting abused, not Sanchez. He was picked up like a ragdoll, spun, and thrown into Sanchez path.

SAR I

Jets Insider VIP
    Are you blind or is your Sanchez love clouding your vision?

Moore's body doesn't turn until Sanchez runs into him.

Moore is clearly holding his ground and not expecting his moronic QB to run right into him.

Watch and you'll see Wilfork rotate his body towards the quarterback so much that the torque spins the name of his jersey out of view on the back. You will also see Moore's left leg come completely up and off the ground as he is thrown into Sanchez' path. You will see Mark Sanchez attempting to slide back to the line of scrimmage and just as he starts his slide, Moore's butt hits him in the facemask.

An ugly play, but it's Moore who should be getting abused, not Sanchez. He was picked up like a ragdoll, spun, and thrown into Sanchez path.

SAR I
    Whatever happened to "Broken play, just go down" ?

Oh btw, the Jets defense was so criminally bad allowing 14 points while their QB was turning it over at the 50 at record pace. (Can't do the sarcasm smiley on phone)