Thread: Our Throwback uniforms

Jets Insider VIP

Our Throwback uniforms

WTF i thought we were gonna go for the 90s look? Did we forget to wear them?

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyJet View Post
    who cares? we have no real history with anything but the uniforms from 1969.

besides you want to buy more jets merchandise and pad woodys pocket, not me.

Jets Insider VIP
    Would definitely buy one of the throwbacks if they were the 90's! Chrebet would at the top of my list..

Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post

Speak for yourself. I care.

My formative youth was spent rooting on this:

And while we didn't win a title, I have plenty of history, and love, for that logo and Uniform.

And yes, I'd be HAPPY to give Woody some of my money (cause $15 is a big deal, right?) for a nice new Throwback 80's Jets Hat.

If we're going to have throwbacks (and we will), it's only right it be our 70's/80's Uniforms and logo.

You, and your principled stand against your own team's owner, are free to not buy anything if that boats your float.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    Speak for yourself. I care.

My formative youth was spent rooting on this:

And while we didn't win a title, I have plenty of history, and love, for that logo and Uniform.

And yes, I'd be HAPPY to give Woody some of my money (cause $15 is a big deal, right?) for a nice new Throwback 80's Jets Hat.

If we're going to have throwbacks (and we will), it's only right it be our 70's/80's Uniforms and logo.

You, and your principled stand against your own team's owner, are free to not buy anything if that boats your float.
    Sorry to here you weren't there when our Jets won the SB.
    I really hated those uni's. Glad Parcells got rid of them. Still got a sweatshirt with that logo. Don't know why.

Where did you get that idea?d

Jets R goin to Win SB in a different uni then the 1 they wear now. jmo!!!

No, Rex set them aside to wear in the playoffs....

Quote Originally Posted by Greentide View Post
    No, Rex set them aside to wear in the playoffs....
    I wonder if there is any truth to that statement. Wouldn't be surprised, this being the most talented team he has ever coached and all.

I would love to see us wear those uni's however, I think it would have been awfully embarrassing to wear those uniforms and play like we were still the Kotite Jets. Cause that's how we looked, many a Sunday afternoon...

Quote Originally Posted by jetsonly View Post
    Sorry to here you weren't there when our Jets won the SB.
    You can't control when you're born. You can only control rooting for the Jets from the day you're born.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

We forgot to wear them but we didn't forget to play like them.

If what you wanted was a 90s impersonation, boy, you got it.

SAR I

In case you didn't notice, throwbacks were scarce this season due to the transition from Reebok to Nike. In 2013 expect to see a lot more throwbacks and alternates produced and worn. Perhaps we'll finally get our wish of seeing the 80's or 90's dreads (black trim optional) instead of the Titans of New York.

Guess this topic never get old.

Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    We forgot to wear them but we didn't forget to play like them.

If what you wanted was a 90s impersonation, boy, you got it.

SAR I
    Can't agree more. With the way they played they looked like the Pete Carrol team. Instead of fake spike we were brought butt fumble.

I can't believe I keep coming back for this abuse.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post

You gotta be GMC, no doubt.

Rookie
    They should most def wear the throwbacks from the 80's early 90's instead of those frickin horrid Titan uni's!

Jets Insider VIP
    seeing as they played like crap i just figured they should look the part...