Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Go Devils!

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite View Post
    I was watching the Bruins game a week or so ago with a buddy (Blackhawks fan) and he was flabbergasted on how we basically dominated them for the entire first period, had 10 legitimate scoring opportunities and just couldn't put one in. Told him welcome to our season...
    My Islanders fan friend had basically the same reaction watching that game, lol.

Huge game tonight. Unfortunately, the Bruins stand in our way. Need a Rangers loss to the Leafs, as well.

Nice to see they showed up tonight. One of the most embarrassing "power plays" I've ever seen.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Let's Go Islanders!

Not that the Devils have been known for consistently having a powerhouse offense, but this is by far the worst I've ever seen them. It's absolutely pathetic. Even in the half season under Johnny Mac, they weren't this bad at putting the puck in the net. Kovy was a workhorse this season, but it's inexcusable to drop off this badly after his injury. Lou has some work to do this off-season.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Quote Originally Posted by DevsJetsYanks88 View Post
    Not that the Devils have been known for consistently having a powerhouse offense, but this is by far the worst I've ever seen them. It's absolutely pathetic. Even in the half season under Johnny Mac, they weren't this bad at putting the puck in the net. Kovy was a workhorse this season, but it's inexcusable to drop off this badly after his injury. Lou has some work to do this off-season.
    Is their inability to put it in the net on account of extraordinary bad luck or do these guys (besides Kovy) simply lack the knack for scoring?

In the few Devils games I've seen during their losing streak, it seems like they've dominated play for long stretches and have had more SOG by a long shot.

Don't quite understand it, frankly.

Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    Is their inability to put it in the net on account of extraordinary bad luck or do these guys (besides Kovy) simply lack the knack for scoring?

In the few Devils games I've seen during their losing streak, it seems like they've dominated play for long stretches and have had more SOG by a long shot.

It's part positioning for rebound opportunities, part poor shot choices but the rest is bad luck in all honesty...

Kovy takes luck out of the equation, he's just that dominant... Without him, it's been head in hands 'how the **** did that puck not go in'...

Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post

Definitely a lot of bad luck. Last night they outshot Toronto 32-13, I believe. As AGAW said, a lot of poor positioning on rebounds, etc., but I also don't want to make excuses. There's something wrong with your team when you lose 10 in a row. They lack scoring depth and are loaded with high effort, good forechecking guys that lack a scoring touch.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by DevsJetsYanks88 View Post
    Definitely a lot of bad luck. Last night they outshot Toronto 32-13, I believe. As AGAW said, a lot of poor positioning on rebounds, etc., but I also don't want to make excuses. There's something wrong with your team when you lose 10 in a row. They lack scoring depth and are loaded with high effort, good forechecking guys that lack a scoring touch.
    I think they've outshot their last bunch of opponents by a wide margin, per game. Just can't find the back of the net. Definitely a small bit of bad luck.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.

Jets Insider VIP
    Rangers better get their act together if they want to win the cup.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Apache 51 View Post
    Rangers better get their act together if they want to win the cup.
    Did you hear that cheering for Henrique? My bad , that was Henrik.
    Let Uncle Daddy know tee time at Liberty National is 5 AM

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Jungle Shift Jet View Post
    Did you hear that cheering for Henrique? My bad , that was Henrik.
    Let Uncle Daddy know tee time at Liberty National is 5 AM
    Ranger fans are used to cheering just not at cup parades.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Lou left $11M of cap money unspent. Guess that parking settlement with Newark didn't help 'Beek.

Quote Originally Posted by JumbalayaJet View Post
    Lou left $11M of cap money unspent. Guess that parking settlement with Newark didn't help 'Beek.
    Hopefully the collapse doesn't hurt the growth of the gameday atmosphere in the building next year. Sold out the vast majority of home games and the electricity in the building, especially pre-collapse, was the best it's been in a long time, if not ever. I don't think the team needs a massive overhaul, just a handful of tweaks here and there. Hopefully they bounce back with a competitive season and the fans keep coming out and making noise.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

They need a scorer or 3 badly.

They need a scorer or 3 badly.
    Definitely need a top 6 forward. They have the horse to run out very effective checking lines, but need another top 6 guy to add to Kovy, Elias, Henrique, and Zajac. Clarkson is very valuable as a 3rd or 4th liner. If he's on your top 2 lines, then you have a problem. They also need a youth infusion on defense. Stop with the constant rotation of 8 defensemen. Greene gets a permanent spot, Fayne gets a permanent spot, take the training wheels off Larsson and just let him play. I'm fine sacrificing some defense with Zidlicky sacrificing a little D to man the point on the PP and add a scoring touch. Infuse some youth with the other two spots. Get rid of Volchenkov and Tallinder.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Henrique and Zajac vanished on us. Agree on Clarky. All these guys are allergic to cord.

Henrique and Zajac vanished on us. Agree on Clarky. All these guys are allergic to cord.
    No doubt, though basically the whole team vanished. Henrique gets a pass in my book. Only his second year and he missed the first couple weeks due to injury. Zajac is a big time goat, after getting that long term deal in the off-season.

All Pro
    Great Marty quote on not playing today. Can tell he has some clout.

“If it meant something, I was going to play, but it doesn’t,” Brodeur said. “Getting booed for two hours for no reason, I don’t know if I was really up to it. If it meant something, I didn’t mind.”

Jets Insider VIP
    Bad ass team.