Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast
Results 141 to 160 of 199

Thread: Go Devils!

  1. #141
    Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite View Post
    I was watching the Bruins game a week or so ago with a buddy (Blackhawks fan) and he was flabbergasted on how we basically dominated them for the entire first period, had 10 legitimate scoring opportunities and just couldn't put one in. Told him welcome to our season...
    My Islanders fan friend had basically the same reaction watching that game, lol.

    Huge game tonight. Unfortunately, the Bruins stand in our way. Need a Rangers loss to the Leafs, as well.

  2. #142
    Nice to see they showed up tonight. One of the most embarrassing "power plays" I've ever seen.

  3. #143
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Posts
    17,068
    Let's Go Islanders!

  4. #144
    Not that the Devils have been known for consistently having a powerhouse offense, but this is by far the worst I've ever seen them. It's absolutely pathetic. Even in the half season under Johnny Mac, they weren't this bad at putting the puck in the net. Kovy was a workhorse this season, but it's inexcusable to drop off this badly after his injury. Lou has some work to do this off-season.

  5. #145
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    19,299
    Quote Originally Posted by DevsJetsYanks88 View Post
    Not that the Devils have been known for consistently having a powerhouse offense, but this is by far the worst I've ever seen them. It's absolutely pathetic. Even in the half season under Johnny Mac, they weren't this bad at putting the puck in the net. Kovy was a workhorse this season, but it's inexcusable to drop off this badly after his injury. Lou has some work to do this off-season.
    Is their inability to put it in the net on account of extraordinary bad luck or do these guys (besides Kovy) simply lack the knack for scoring?

    In the few Devils games I've seen during their losing streak, it seems like they've dominated play for long stretches and have had more SOG by a long shot.

    Don't quite understand it, frankly.

  6. #146
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    Is their inability to put it in the net on account of extraordinary bad luck or do these guys (besides Kovy) simply lack the knack for scoring?

    In the few Devils games I've seen during their losing streak, it seems like they've dominated play for long stretches and have had more SOG by a long shot.

    Don't quite understand it, frankly.
    It's part positioning for rebound opportunities, part poor shot choices but the rest is bad luck in all honesty...

    Kovy takes luck out of the equation, he's just that dominant... Without him, it's been head in hands 'how the **** did that puck not go in'...

  7. #147
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    Is their inability to put it in the net on account of extraordinary bad luck or do these guys (besides Kovy) simply lack the knack for scoring?

    In the few Devils games I've seen during their losing streak, it seems like they've dominated play for long stretches and have had more SOG by a long shot.

    Don't quite understand it, frankly.
    Definitely a lot of bad luck. Last night they outshot Toronto 32-13, I believe. As AGAW said, a lot of poor positioning on rebounds, etc., but I also don't want to make excuses. There's something wrong with your team when you lose 10 in a row. They lack scoring depth and are loaded with high effort, good forechecking guys that lack a scoring touch.

  8. #148
    All League
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    It's all relative
    Posts
    3,698
    Quote Originally Posted by DevsJetsYanks88 View Post
    Definitely a lot of bad luck. Last night they outshot Toronto 32-13, I believe. As AGAW said, a lot of poor positioning on rebounds, etc., but I also don't want to make excuses. There's something wrong with your team when you lose 10 in a row. They lack scoring depth and are loaded with high effort, good forechecking guys that lack a scoring touch.
    I think they've outshot their last bunch of opponents by a wide margin, per game. Just can't find the back of the net. Definitely a small bit of bad luck.

  9. #149
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Posts
    17,068

  10. #150
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Posts
    17,068
    Rangers better get their act together if they want to win the cup.

  11. #151
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Un-Pleasantville
    Posts
    6,527
    Quote Originally Posted by Apache 51 View Post
    Rangers better get their act together if they want to win the cup.
    Did you hear that cheering for Henrique? My bad , that was Henrik.
    Let Uncle Daddy know tee time at Liberty National is 5 AM

  12. #152
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Posts
    17,068
    Quote Originally Posted by Jungle Shift Jet View Post
    Did you hear that cheering for Henrique? My bad , that was Henrik.
    Let Uncle Daddy know tee time at Liberty National is 5 AM
    Ranger fans are used to cheering just not at cup parades.

  13. #153
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    15,151
    Lou left $11M of cap money unspent. Guess that parking settlement with Newark didn't help 'Beek.

  14. #154
    Quote Originally Posted by JumbalayaJet View Post
    Lou left $11M of cap money unspent. Guess that parking settlement with Newark didn't help 'Beek.
    Hopefully the collapse doesn't hurt the growth of the gameday atmosphere in the building next year. Sold out the vast majority of home games and the electricity in the building, especially pre-collapse, was the best it's been in a long time, if not ever. I don't think the team needs a massive overhaul, just a handful of tweaks here and there. Hopefully they bounce back with a competitive season and the fans keep coming out and making noise.

  15. #155
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    15,151
    They need a scorer or 3 badly.

  16. #156
    Quote Originally Posted by JumbalayaJet View Post
    They need a scorer or 3 badly.
    Definitely need a top 6 forward. They have the horse to run out very effective checking lines, but need another top 6 guy to add to Kovy, Elias, Henrique, and Zajac. Clarkson is very valuable as a 3rd or 4th liner. If he's on your top 2 lines, then you have a problem. They also need a youth infusion on defense. Stop with the constant rotation of 8 defensemen. Greene gets a permanent spot, Fayne gets a permanent spot, take the training wheels off Larsson and just let him play. I'm fine sacrificing some defense with Zidlicky sacrificing a little D to man the point on the PP and add a scoring touch. Infuse some youth with the other two spots. Get rid of Volchenkov and Tallinder.

  17. #157
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    15,151
    Henrique and Zajac vanished on us. Agree on Clarky. All these guys are allergic to cord.

  18. #158
    Quote Originally Posted by JumbalayaJet View Post
    Henrique and Zajac vanished on us. Agree on Clarky. All these guys are allergic to cord.
    No doubt, though basically the whole team vanished. Henrique gets a pass in my book. Only his second year and he missed the first couple weeks due to injury. Zajac is a big time goat, after getting that long term deal in the off-season.

  19. #159
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    7,240
    Great Marty quote on not playing today. Can tell he has some clout.

    “If it meant something, I was going to play, but it doesn’t,” Brodeur said. “Getting booed for two hours for no reason, I don’t know if I was really up to it. If it meant something, I didn’t mind.”

  20. #160
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Posts
    17,068
    Bad ass team.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us