Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
Results 181 to 199 of 199

Thread: Go Devils!

  1. #181
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    15,113
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by matt robinson 17 View Post
    Retiring voids contract, they owe 250k for 10 years
    Just saw that. Found a new site, hockey buzz. Good thing he didn't wait until next year.

  2. #182
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Long Island (Former home of the NY Jets)
    Posts
    1,117
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JumbalayaJet View Post
    Just saw that. Found a new site, hockey buzz. Good thing he didn't wait until next year.
    Shame for you guys he didn't retire before free agency kicked in...how about Grabovski?

  3. #183
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    15,113
    Post Thanks / Like
    Perhaps, or Vanek. There is even some speculation that he left for the Olympics and will come back.

  4. #184
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Posts
    16,648
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlton View Post
    Brodeur is 11 years older. Why would you want to overhaul by losing a 30 year old star in his prime who is locked up for 10 years?
    Offense has been our problem.

  5. #185
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    North Jersey
    Posts
    7,579
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JumbalayaJet View Post
    Perhaps, or Vanek. There is even some speculation that he left for the Olympics and will come back.
    I don't think we have the assets to acquire Vanek. Top 6 as of now probably shapes up something like this...

    Elias-Loktionov-Ryder
    Henrique-Zajac-Clowe

    That is rough.

    IMO there isn't enough quality left on the FA market to justify scrambling to try and fill this void. Losing a player like this in the blink of an eye and completely unexpectedly is impossible to replace. Lou needs to sit back and be patient, which I'm sure he will be. The only significant deal I would like to see is the Schneider idea I mentioned earlier.
    Last edited by DevsJetsYanks88; 07-11-2013 at 10:50 PM.

  6. #186
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    19,028
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DevsJetsYanks88 View Post
    I don't think we have the assets to acquire Vanek. Top 6 as of now probably shapes up something like this...

    Elias-Loktionov-Ryder
    Henrique-Zajac-Clowe

    That is rough.

    IMO there isn't enough quality left on the FA market to justify scrambling to try and fill this void. Losing a player like this in the blink of an eye and completely unexpectedly is impossible to replace. Lou needs to sit back and be patient, which I'm sure he will be. The only significant deal I would like to see is the Schneider idea I mentioned earlier.
    Losing the pick next year is going to hurt. Next year's draft is reportedly even deeper than this year's. Not sure why Lou didn't give up the 29th last year. Matteau better be worth it.

  7. #187
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Posts
    16,648
    Post Thanks / Like
    Let's Go Devils!!

  8. #188
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    North Jersey
    Posts
    7,579
    Post Thanks / Like
    Devils signed Jagr to a 1 year deal.

  9. #189
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Posts
    16,648
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DevsJetsYanks88 View Post
    Devils signed Jagr to a 1 year deal.
    Lou will piece a .500 team together, the only reason I like Jagr is that he wears number 68 because that's the year the Russian rolled into his country.
    Last edited by Apache 51; 07-22-2013 at 05:22 PM.

  10. #190
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    19,028
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DevsJetsYanks88 View Post
    Devils signed Jagr to a 1 year deal.
    decent enough stopgap, but when you compare Ilya vs. Jaromir (at this stage), its kinda sad.

  11. #191
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    North Jersey
    Posts
    7,579
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    decent enough stopgap, but when you compare Ilya vs. Jaromir (at this stage), its kinda sad.
    No doubt, they're not even close at this stage in their careers. I still think it's a good signing though, given it's a 1 year deal. He's still so strong on the puck, great along the boards, and great at running the cycle. I could see him being a great linemate with Elias, both being extremely intelligent players with great puck handling. I could also see him being great linemates with Zubrus, forming a dominant possession line. Maybe throw Loktionov with them.

  12. #192
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    North Jersey
    Posts
    7,579
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Apache 51 View Post
    Lou will piece a .500 team together, the only reason I like Jagr is that he wears number 68 because that's the year the Russian rolled into his country.
    I like/love like 3 out of 4 of Lou's moves so far. Love the Schneider trade, really like the Ryder signing, like the Jagr signing, dislike the Clowe signing. The Kovy debacle really puts a black cloud over everything, but I still think this team is competitive and battles for a lower playoff seed.

  13. #193
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Posts
    16,648
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DevsJetsYanks88 View Post
    I like/love like 3 out of 4 of Lou's moves so far. Love the Schneider trade, really like the Ryder signing, like the Jagr signing, dislike the Clowe signing. The Kovy debacle really puts a black cloud over everything, but I still think this team is competitive and battles for a lower playoff seed.
    It all revolves around the goalie.

  14. #194
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    North Jersey
    Posts
    7,579
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Apache 51 View Post
    It all revolves around the goalie.
    Which should be greatly improved. Our major goaltending issues last season were kind of lost in the shuffle with the extreme offensive struggles.

  15. #195
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    15,113
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well looks like an inlux of $$ coming. Guess we'll have to wait a yr to see it work?

    Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4

  16. #196
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Posts
    16,648
    Post Thanks / Like
    Maybe Harris thinks he can get another Basketball team in there?

  17. #197
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    92
    Post Thanks / Like
    DIE HARD devils fan here, I'm curious to what you guys think of schneider, would you say he's top 10 in the league?

  18. #198
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    15,113
    Post Thanks / Like
    Certainly top 10. Hooe the new guy spends for scoring

    Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4

  19. #199
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    North Jersey
    Posts
    7,579
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Cro's Kids View Post
    DIE HARD devils fan here, I'm curious to what you guys think of schneider, would you say he's top 10 in the league?
    He's definitely a top 10 goalie in this league. Everything I've read from Canucks fans says he's likely to become top 5, as well. He is a huge upgrade over our goaltending from last year. I think the poor goaltending of last season gets overshadowed by the offensive woes a bit.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us