Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Should the Jets target Joe Flacco in FA?

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Someone should really make an official "Who is your desired QB next year poll?" so it's a little more organized around here. I would but have no idea how to do it.
    I know I'm the new guy in town and should just keep my mouth closed but I'm just saying..

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    Everyone please run thread ideas by Warfish before posting them.

He will let you know if you should post them or not.
    Maybe if Green Jets and Ham had done that, things turn out differently, and then who knows how things might've turned out in everybody's life, as a result of GJ and H still being welcome here. Like a butterfly effect, almost?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetfan16 View Post
    Maybe if Green Jets and Ham had done that, things turn out differently, and then who knows how things might've turned out in everybody's life, as a result of GJ and H still being welcome here. Like a butterfly effect, almost?
    WHOA.

Too deep for a Monday morning.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    baltimore is going to pay flacco what he rightfully deserves.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeyStylez View Post
    I started this thread because it's a legitimate question, whether you think so or not. Also, because I felt like it. If you think it's an absurd idea, then don't post here.

Yes, it's probably not going to happen. I already said that, if you can read you would've seen it already. I"m just asking a realistic hypothetical situation. Stranger things have happened in free agency.
    no, I think that stranger things have not happened
    A top 12 QB who just won a playoff game becomes a FA, without being tagged? never happened- Check
    A team that is 24 mill over the salary cap signs a 16 mill a year player- never happened- Check

Now if you said would you trade 1st rd picks with the ravens in a "tag and trade" that makes it a little more likely.

Your scenario is even more far stretched than trading Sanchez for Flynn.

And why should a poster not say that the premise is absurd?.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Flacco is an average NFL starting QB, but he would get paid 5/90, 40 Guaranteed by a handful of clubs on the open market

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    This message is hidden because FF2 is on your ignore list.

FF knows as well as anyone this thread is lolfail. He's just trolling as usual.

So please stop feeding the trolls by quoting them
    Thread is not a fail just because you think it is.

Someone here mentioned Matt Flynn. I would take him in a heartbeat. Seattle would have to take on Sanchez's contract, and I don't think they would do that unless the Jets seriously sweetened the deal. But I would take Flynn. He's proven he can play in this league. Red flags are his small sample size and his inability to beat out a rookie (although Wilson has showed himself to be one hell of a rookie). But he's better than what we have now.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    Your scenario is even more far stretched than trading Sanchez for Flynn.
    if the jets offered seatlle our #1 -9 and sanchez for there #1-? and flynn you never know.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I want Krafty...Belichick and Brady...in a swap for Woody...Rex...and Sanchez.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by IM3 View Post
    Flacco is an average NFL starting QB, but he would get paid 5/90, 40 Guaranteed by a handful of clubs on the open market
    I agree with this. Plus he benefits from being on a team that already has leaders.

The game is still won and lost in the trenches. Team goal should be to get its cap in order, and re-build the OL, and D front 7 where we have some young pieces to work with. Do those two things, and the Jets will be a very attractive place for a QB. It is not that now, which means you have to overpay and wind up with mediocrity.

See Boomer and NO'D

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    No, you are not allowed to even have this discussion.

The great and powerful One has spoken. He can't just ignore the thread. He must tell you that you are unworthy and don't deserve an opinion. This is his board.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    You're right. I'm just a dude with an opinion.

The thread is fail because, as has been pointed out, it's absolutely 100% unrealistic for a wide variety of reasons.

I'm all for a new QB, obviously. But if we're going to discuss it, we should at least attempt to remain in the realm of reality.

Flacco as a Jet in 2013 is fantasy, pure and simple.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    if the jets offered seatlle our #1 -9 and sanchez for there #1-? and flynn you never know.
    Funny you mention that, as I had thought about that myself. Personally I wouldn't make that trade until draft day to see who falls to #9, but I would certainly talk to the Seahawks and gauge their interest. They're already a good team, and maybe the idea of adding a top 10 rookie to an already young and loaded team might be too good to pass up. It's almost a certainty that Flynn will want to be traded after the season, and maybe Carroll thinks that with the right coaching Sanchez can be an effective back-up.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Funny you mention that, as I had thought about that myself. Personally I wouldn't make that trade until draft day to see who falls to #9, but I would certainly talk to the Seahawks and gauge their interest. They're already a good team, and maybe the idea of adding a top 10 rookie to an already young and loaded team might be too good to pass up. It's almost a certainty that Flynn will want to be traded after the season, and maybe Carroll thinks that with the right coaching Sanchez can be an effective back-up.
    this is exactly my scenario. draft day podium trade.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool

this is exactly my scenario. draft day podium trade.
    I'm ok with trading down and getting more picks, although if a stud pass rushing OLB is sitting there at #9, that would be hard to pass up. But this teams has holes, and getting more picks will help fix that.

A better OC, better QB and faster players on D can put this team back unto the playoffs.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm ok with trading down and getting more picks, although if a stud pass rushing OLB is sitting there at #9, that would be hard to pass up. But this teams has holes, and getting more picks will help fix that.

A better OC, better QB and faster players on D can put this team back unto the playoffs.
    problem is draft picks dont always work out. the odds are much better if you draft a blue chip type player at #9 instead of a bunch rookies who might not even make the team.

we need a qb here and flynn doesnt want to be a backup in seattle.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    yes I think they may do that. But that is not Sanchez for Flynn. Seattle or any other team may take a 13 mill one year cap hit (8.75 sanchez 4mil flynn) in order to move up 20 slots in the 1st. But there will have to be somebody really special at #9 to do so. You have to remember that for 13mill of cap room they could get Leverte or Vollmer and keeping ther #1 which will be a much better bet than the trade up.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Maybe the owner will send Carroll for electroshock treatments after he asks the
    owner for 9 mill a year after asking him for 10 mill for a qb.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    yes I think they may do that. But that is not Sanchez for Flynn. Seattle or any other team may take a 13 mill one year cap hit (8.75 sanchez 4mil flynn) in order to move up 20 slots in the 1st. But there will have to be somebody really special at #9 to do so. You have to remember that for 13mill of cap room they could get Leverte or Vollmer and keeping ther #1 which will be a much better bet than the trade up.
    Exactly. I'm also having trouble seeing Seattle, after seeing what happened to washington, in a real rush to dump a really decent #2 QB they already have locked up. Young, mobile QB's get hurt. Having Flynn behind him is the kind of safety net you hold onto till you can no longer afford it.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    How is it legitimate?

There is no evidence that the Ravens and Flacco will be parting ways.

There is no evidence the Jets have any interest in Flacco.

So what, exactly, legitimizes your fantasy thread again?

Like I said, you may as well have asked if the "Jets should persue a trade for Peyton Manning and Drew Brees to back him up" as silly as the OP is.

Appreciate the advice, but I prefer to post, and point out how stupid I feel the OP idea is due to it's almost total lack of basis in reality.

Oh, I read it, which only further serves to illustrate the stupidity of the idea. You know it's not going to happen, yet you felt you just had to ask anyway?

If so, why not aim a little higher? I hear Peyton Manning and Drew Brees might be on the trading block.

Sure it has. I'm sure the Ravens will happily allow the best QB in their recent history to walk to New York.

Totally realistic, not Madden 2013'esque in any way.

Really.

I think you should start a "Should the Jets Persue a Trade for QB Cousins" next.
    What a douchebag.