Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Should the Jets target Joe Flacco in FA?

Cool Should the Jets target Joe Flacco in FA?

I know it's a long shot. Most likely Flacco isn't going anywhere, and even if he tests the market the Jets may not have enough money to get him. But if he DOES test FA, and the Jets CAN free up enough money, should the Jets go after him? I say YES.

No. He will resign in Balt anyway.

All Pro
    yea, and then let's hire Cam Cameron to be the OC and have a fullout reunion

"One man's trash is indeed another man's trash"

Quote Originally Posted by JoeyStylez View Post
    I know it's a long shot. Most likely Flacco isn't going anywhere.
    Why would you even start a thread like this?

Next up: "Should the Jets Persue a Trade for peyton Manning? I say YES!"

Let's just invent a time machine and bring back the 1962 Joe Namath while we're at it

Cool

I started this thread because it's a legitimate question, whether you think so or not. Also, because I felt like it. If you think it's an absurd idea, then don't post here.

Yes, it's probably not going to happen. I already said that, if you can read you would've seen it already. I"m just asking a realistic hypothetical situation. Stranger things have happened in free agency.

No Flacco.

We want Romo.

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    No Flacco.

We want Romo.
    Romo isn't a FA... And Flacco will get franchised...

Flacco will receive the franchise tag. Best FA possibility would be Alex Smith.

Sadly I think our best (and most realistic) option is Matt Flynn.
    With RGIII's injury, Cousins aint going anywhere and I'm not a A. Smith guy.

sign a journeyman QB (A.Smith for example) to compete with Sanchez in TC, and draft a new franchise QB in 2014 (Carr, Bridgewater or Manziel).

Next year won't be pretty...but it will be necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by dustykeller View Post
    sign a journeyman QB (A.Smith for example) to compete with Sanchez in TC, and draft a new franchise QB in 2014 (Carr, Bridgewater or Manziel).

Next year won't be pretty...but it will be necessary.
    Wait, you're not putting Gary Nova of Rutgers on your list of 2014 franchise QB's?

Hall Of Fame
    Flacco is going nowhere.

5 years, 5 playoff appearances. Has won a playoff game every year. 2 AFCCG appearances. And a drop away from a SB appearance.

I will never understand all the Flacco hate. If Billick had Flacco he might still be the coach in Baltimore.

I started this thread because it's a legitimate question, whether you think so or not.
    How is it legitimate?

There is no evidence that the Ravens and Flacco will be parting ways.

There is no evidence the Jets have any interest in Flacco.

So what, exactly, legitimizes your fantasy thread again?

Like I said, you may as well have asked if the "Jets should persue a trade for Peyton Manning and Drew Brees to back him up" as silly as the OP is.

Also, because I felt like it. If you think it's an absurd idea, then don't post here.
    Appreciate the advice, but I prefer to post, and point out how stupid I feel the OP idea is due to it's almost total lack of basis in reality.

Yes, it's probably not going to happen. I already said that, if you can read you would've seen it already.
    Oh, I read it, which only further serves to illustrate the stupidity of the idea. You know it's not going to happen, yet you felt you just had to ask anyway?

If so, why not aim a little higher? I hear Peyton Manning and Drew Brees might be on the trading block.

I"m just asking a realistic hypothetical situation. Stranger things have happened in free agency.
    Sure it has. I'm sure the Ravens will happily allow the best QB in their recent history to walk to New York.

Totally realistic, not Madden 2013'esque in any way.

Really.

I think you should start a "Should the Jets Persue a Trade for QB Cousins" next.

Hall Of Fame
    I started this thread because it's a legitimate question, whether you think so or not. Also, because I felt like it. If you think it's an absurd idea, then don't post here.

Yes, it's probably not going to happen. I already said that, if you can read you would've seen it already. I"m just asking a realistic hypothetical situation. Stranger things have happened in free agency.
    LOL...realistic hypothetical situation??? What the hell is that?

Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    How is it legitimate?

There is no evidence that the Ravens and Flacco will be parting ways.

There is no evidence the Jets have any interest in Flacco.

So what, exactly, legitimizes your fantasy thread again?

Like I said, you may as well have asked if the "Jets should persue a trade for Peyton Manning and Drew Brees to back him up" as silly as the OP is.

Appreciate the advice, but I prefer to post, and point out how stupid I feel the OP idea is due to it's almost total lack of basis in reality.

Oh, I read it, which only further serves to illustrate the stupidity of the idea. You know it's not going to happen, yet you felt you just had to ask anyway?

If so, why not aim a little higher? I hear Peyton Manning and Drew Brees might be on the trading block.

Sure it has. I'm sure the Ravens will happily allow the best QB in their recent history to walk to New York.

Totally realistic, not Madden 2013'esque in any way.

Really.

I think you should start a "Should the Jets Persue a Trade for QB Cousins" next.
    Everyone please run thread ideas by Warfish before posting them.

He will let you know if you should post them or not.

Schluberator & Gadfly
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    Everyone please run thread ideas by Warfish before posting them.

He will let you know if you should post them or not.
    Play nice.

Quote Originally Posted by chesapeakejet View Post
    Play nice.
    Lets talk football!

Quote Originally Posted by chesapeakejet View Post
    Play nice.
    This message is hidden because FF2 is on your ignore list.

FF knows as well as anyone this thread is lolfail. He's just trolling as usual.

So please stop feeding the trolls by quoting them