Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Jets eyeing another GM candidate.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    Because as of yesterday, it was reported that Gamble had put off his interview with SD fueling speculation he was not leaving Florham Park without a contract.
    Yes, he put it off due to family issues. Clearly, those have been taken care of. That's not breaking news, lol. As a matter of fact, the only reason anyone is freaking out is because of the wording in the article and this thread title.

Also, this board freaking out because our speculation seems to have been inaccurate is like Manish getting pissed off when the Jets don't confirm his speculation.

KEEP CALM. CURRY ON. DOE.
    Last edited by McGinley; 01-07-2013 at 11:12 AM.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Because as of yesterday, it was reported that Gamble had put off his interview with SD fueling speculation he was not leaving Florham Park without a contract.
    I know this is total speculation on my behalf, but i'm really worried that Rex is the lynch pin regarding prospective candidates turning down this job. I know Gamble hasn't done that yet, and he's still in play. But Heckert turning down the job outright without even interviewing solely because of our cap situation stinks a little, IMO.

I don't care what happened in 2009 & 2010...if we're going to start anew with a new FO regime...Rex should've been axed immediately after Tanny.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    If he gets it, that's fine with me. I'm just saying I don't see how this article re-introducing old facts changes anything today.

In any event, I'm totally expecting us to do something completely Jest-like and give the job to Cohen. Then we'll get to hear Rex tell us how Cohen gives us the best chance to acquire the guys that give us the best chance to win. It would be poetic.
    We don't need the NYDN to do this for us...PSL owners will storm the presser and...

Demand to see Cohen's biceps for either a Woody, Rex or #6 jersey tattoo. If none is there. Then force him to pull down his pants, to check and see if it's hidden somewhere in those nether regions.

Fans have a right to know

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenReaper View Post
    We don't need the NYDN to do this for us...PSL owners will storm the presser and...

Demand to see Cohen's ass for either a Woody, Rex or #6 jersey tattoo. If none is there. Then force him to pull down his pants, to check and see if it's hidden somewhere in those nether regions.

Fans have a right to know
    Fixed for accuracy.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Are you saying I'M doing that? If so, reread what I was referring to.
    no, i was agreeing with you.

apologies if there was any rustling of jimmies.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rooney Rule.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstar View Post
    no, i was agreeing with you.

apologies if there was any rustling of jimmies.
    Nah, no rustling of any jimmies over hur. I just wasn't sure who it was directed at.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, he put it off due to family issues. Clearly, those have been taken care of. That's not breaking news, lol. As a matter of fact, the only reason anyone is freaking out is because of the wording in the article and this thread title.

Also, this board freaking out because our speculation seems to have been inaccurate is like Manish getting pissed off when the Jets don't confirm his speculation.

KEEP CALM. CURRY ON. DOE.
    I wasn't on the board all evening yesterday but as of late afternoon, I honestly don't recall the "family issue" having been mentioned. Did that come in late yesterday?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    This is about leverage as much as it is due diligence.

Gamble wants to leverage the Chargers, and the Jets want to leverage other candidates.

It is also likely about control and autonomy, and lord knows there are issues with both Spanos and Woody.

Is San Diego a better city than NY? No, but if the Chargers are moving north, that is a whole different ball of wax.

If I'm Gamble, I take a fat deal with the Jets if I can get it. You have the ability rip the team down to its foundation and start over. If things go awry, you can just blame it on Same Old Jets internal dysfunction, and likely get a Mulligan around the league. Remember that as you watch Belichick and Carrol on TV this weekend.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I wasn't on the board all evening yesterday but as of late afternoon, I honestly don't recall the "family issue" having been mentioned. Did that come in late yesterday?
    I wanna say it was either early yesterday morning or late the night before. With all the tweets going in, I really can't keep track of it. I'd say your best bet to find out is in the 1/5 tweets thread. That thread also doubled as the 1/6 tweets thread due to laziness, fyi.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rooney Rule.
    If Gamble is interviewing with SD tomorrow after it was initially reported he had put it off, I don't think the Rooney Rule is involved in that.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    I wanna say it was either early yesterday morning or late the night before. With all the tweets going in, I really can't keep track of it. I'd say your best bet to find out is in the 1/5 tweets thread. That thread also doubled as the 1/6 tweets thread due to laziness, fyi.
    Only one I could find was this one which you posted at 4:05 this morning.

Quote Originally Posted by McGinley
    No, he had to reschedule it due to some family issues. The "other candidate" we're "eyeing" is probably Ross, someone we've had on our radar since Tanny got fired.
    http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/sh...&postcount=102

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Only one I could find was this one which you posted at 4:05 this morning.

http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/sh...&postcount=102
    I found it, I posted the tweet at 11 am board time yesterday. It's on, I think, the second page of the 1/5 tweets thread.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    If Gamble is interviewing with SD tomorrow after it was initially reported he had put it off, I don't think the Rooney Rule is involved in that.
    Albert Breer reported this morning that Gamble was going to interview with SD this weekend, rescheduled for Tuesday due to family reasons.

my point re: Rooney Rule -- the Jets can't formally announce the hiring of a new GM, Gamble or otherwise, until they comply with the Rooney Rule. so even if they have reached an agreement in principle with Gamble, Dorsey or anyone else, they still can't announce it and have to go through the motions with Ross today.

so the whole "don't let Gamble leave Florham Park without a contract" deal was never possible.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    I found it, I posted the tweet at 11 am board time yesterday. It's on, I think, the second page of the 1/5 tweets thread.
    LOL. I checked it 3 times. All I saw was a tweet you posted from Conor Orr quoting Schefter...

Tom Gamble, the 49ers director of player personnel, has cancelled a second interview with the Jaguars in order to focus on landing a job with the Jets, according to a report from ESPN's Adam Schefter.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Albert Breer reported this morning that Gamble was going to interview with SD this weekend, rescheduled for Tuesday due to family reasons.

my point re: Rooney Rule -- the Jets can't formally announce the hiring of a new GM, Gamble or otherwise, until they comply with the Rooney Rule. so even if they have reached an agreement in principle with Gamble, Dorsey or anyone else, they still can't announce it and have to go through the motions with Ross today.

so the whole "don't let Gamble leave Florham Park without a contract" deal was never possible.
    I understand. The family issue thing appears to be a new development from overnight. I've searched everywhere and saw nothing about that posted. And I fully understand why they have to interview Ross before announcing anything with Gamble. My point is that it appears that the Gamble situation has changed somewhat, Rooney Rule or not.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

unless they interviewed ross first, and then they could have gone this route.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    LOL. I checked it 3 times. All I saw was a tweet you posted from Conor Orr quoting Schefter...

Tom Gamble, the 49ers director of player personnel, has cancelled a second interview with the Jaguars in order to focus on landing a job with the Jets, according to a report from ESPN's Adam Schefter.
    http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/sh...6&postcount=78

Albert Breer ‏@AlbertBreer
    Charger brass headed back to SD after round of GM interviews. Had to reschedule w/Tom Gamble, another sign Gamble could be going to the Jets

... Niners dir of player personnel Tom Gamble already cancelled an interview with Jags. Rescheduling w/Bolts might be another step to NY.

Also, Chargers are sending consent forms to HC candidates today. New GM -- expected to be named shortly -- joins search committee.
    I'm sure I posted somewhere in there about the family issues thing, because I saw it yesterday.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Here's the tweet: https://twitter.com/AlbertBreer/stat...01388989001728

So, it was posted yesterday around noon, I think.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Here's the tweet: https://twitter.com/AlbertBreer/stat...01388989001728

So, it was posted yesterday around noon, I think.
    Okay cool. Didn't see it posted. Thanks.