Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Jets eyeing another GM candidate.

Jets eyeing another GM candidate.

49ers director of player personnel Tom Gamble is scheduled to interview for Chargers GM job Tuesday. Jets eyeing another GM candidate.

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/sta...43815074791428

What the **** does this mean?

Update:

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/stor...medium=twitter

San Francisco 49ers director of player personnel Tom Gamble will interview Tuesday for the San Diego Chargers' vacant general manager job, according to league sources.

Gamble met Saturday with the New York Jets, who are looking to replace fired GM Mike Tannenbaum, sources said.

Gamble told the Jacksonville Jaguars he wasn't going to take a second interview for their GM job so he could concentrate on landing the Jets' position, sources said.

The Jets, though, are eyeing another GM candidate aside from Gamble, according to league sources.

New York Giants director of college scouting Marc Ross is scheduled to interview for the job on Monday, a league source said. He will interview for the Panthers GM job on Tuesday.

The Jaguars have narrowed their GM search to Falcons director of player personnel Dave Caldwell and Cardinals vice president of player personnel Steve Keim, sources said. Caldwell interviewed Friday with the Jets.

Shortly after the Jets fired Tannenbaum, they made a major push to interview and hire Ravens assistant general manager Eric DeCosta. Ultimately, they could not convince DeCosta to so much as interview for the job because he has a deal with Baltimore to be the successor to current GM Ozzie Newsome.

Gamble, the son of former Eagles president Harry Gamble, began his career in an entry-level position with the Eagles and worked his way up through the scouting and personnel ranks. He actually spent two seasons as a quality-control coach for the Jets under Rich Kotite (1995-96).

The Jets received a glowing recommendation on Gamble from former NFL executive and current ESPN analyst Bill Polian, who worked as the Colts' GM when Gamble was a college scout for the team.

Gamble has spent seven years with the 49ers, currently overseeing pro and college scouting under GM Trent Baalke, a former Jets scout.
    Last edited by Magnus; 01-07-2013 at 02:04 AM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Ross? Cohen?

Tom Gamble and Jets moving on?

Adam Schefter
    ‎49ers director of player personnel Tom Gamble is scheduled to interview for Chargers GM job Tuesday. Jets eyeing another GM candidate.

Jets Insider VIP
    Don't let Antoine Winfield leave the building without signing.

Thanks for the stalwart reporting again, Steiny and Bassett. THOSE GUYS SUCK! Can we all get on the same page with this finally?

Personally, I'd never put all my eggs in one basket. If I was Gamble, I'd interview with every team that asked me and take the best offer. And if I was Woody, I'd interview every prospect available and hire the best one.

All Pro
    no not cohen or clinkscales

Jets Insider VIP
    LOL

I knew it was too good to be true

Jets Insider VIP
    Please merge the Tom Gamble threads with the Nnamdi Asomougha thread.

In today's world of Twitter "reporting", never believe anything until it's absolutely official.

All Pro
    merge

Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    LOLz! I still can't believe you actually took SAR's post from yesterday as your signature

Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    I LOL'd & SMH'd at the same time

Jets Insider VIP
    Either Polian decided to come out of retirement or we better be hiring Ron Wolf or some sh*t to let Gamble walk.

I'll be pissed if it's Pioli.

Yea...could be the weekend interview with Gamble didn't go well like everyone thought it did.

Marc Ross is being interviewed on Monday. I like this guy also. Lol...the so called AA mandatory interview, could be the guy that ends up being the read deal GM NYJ!

All League
    I don't think that necassarily means he's out of the running. He did have an interview with SD all along, but postponed for "family reasons". Maybe that wasn't the smoke screen everyone assumed, and he is just looking at all his options, and the Jets are doing the same.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    LOL

I knew it was too good to be true
    (SAR rant about no one wanting to work with Tattoo shoved down their throat goes here.)

SAR I

Maybe this is just a cover because of the Rooney Rule and the Ross interview today.

Quote Originally Posted by iahawkeyejet View Post
    I don't think that necassarily means he's out of the running. He did have an interview with SD all along, but postponed for "family reasons". Maybe that wasn't the smoke screen everyone assumed, and he is just looking at all his options, and the Jets are doing the same.
    For our sake, let's hope so.

I mean he did turn down a 2nd interview with the Jags to work on the Jets. But this could mean he's moving on. Or could be doing due diligence.

We can only hope for the best.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Either Polian decided to come out of retirement or we better be hiring Ron Wolf or some sh*t to let Gamble walk.

I'll be pissed if it's Pioli.
    Don't think it's Polian. Hoping this is just more misinformation, and Gamble is announced sooner than later.