Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: Jets eyeing another GM candidate.

Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    unless they interviewed ross first, and then they could have gone this route.
    correct.

I have a bad feeling that Tanny's STOOGE(Cohen) is going to get the job and be shoved down our throats.

It would be very JETS-like.

We fans NEVER get what we want with this franchise....NEVER!

(of course if we do get Gamble in the end, I'll change my tune....naturally. lol)

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

LOLZ.

This thread has everything:

-SOJF freaking out that somehow that NOW Gamble is backing out of the Jets job because of Rex or the 'circus' surrounding the team. (If that was the case, why would he come here to begin with?)

- Sar attempting to troll (but not many taking his bait)

- people who still think that there's any chance the Jets hire someone from within the organization (and even more stunningly, people who think that would be 'best' if they are keeping Rex). Woody didn't hire a consultant firm to hire someone he already knows

- people pissed at the media not being able to guess more accurately what's going on

- over reactions on what this new development means.

I think it's a good sign that the Jets have a few candidates they're interested in - among them, the 'hottest' GM names this off season.

If Gamble was heading to SD this week, I might worry a little. But it's already been reported that SD is sending their reps to the east coast to meet him. That says to me that he's still here and available to sign a contract and be introduced at a moment's notice. If the Jets decided they like Caldwell better as a candidate, I'd have no issues with that either.

Quote Originally Posted by shuler82 View Post
    LOLZ.

-SOJF freaking out that somehow that NOW Gamble is backing out of the Jets job because of Rex or the 'circus' surrounding the team. (If that was the case, why would he come here to begin with?)

- people who still think that there's any chance the Jets hire someone from within the organization (and even more stunningly, people who think that would be 'best' if they are keeping Rex). Woody didn't hire a consultant firm to hire someone he already knows

- people pissed at the media not being able to guess more accurately what's going on

I think it's a good sign that the Jets have a few candidates they're interested in - among them, the 'hottest' GM names this off season.

If Gamble was heading to SD this week, I might worry a little. But it's already been reported that SD is sending their reps to the east coast to meet him. That says to me that he's still here and available to sign a contract and be introduced at a moment's notice. If the Jets decided they like Caldwell better as a candidate, I'd have no issues with that either.
    Caldwell is being interviewed by Jacksonville for a 3rd team, which mean the job is basically his.

Just saying...

Veteran
    Jeez - everyone needs to calm down. The Jets CAN NOT sign anyone until we comply with the Rooney Rule. The NFL takes this rule seriously, and I think Woody was told to at least give the appearance that he is fully complying. You can blame Woody for not interviewing Ross earlier, but I still think this will get done before Gamble meets with the Chargers. Does anyone know where Gamble is? Is he still on the east coast? If so, that's very telling, but until you sign a contract, ya never know what can happen.

Tom Gamble's odd tweet on 1/5.

Tom Gamble ‏@TomGambleNFL
    Thanks for the questions about my future. I hope you will understand that at this time I cannot comment on recent speculation. #49ers #Jets

Found it interesting that (aside from his current team, 9ers) he only hashtagged the Jets. Hmm.

All League
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post

Thanks for the questions about my future. I hope you will understand that at this time I cannot comment on recent speculation. #49ers #Jets

Found it interesting that (aside from his current team, 9ers) he only hashtagged the Jets. Hmm.
    I don't buy for one second that this is a real account. Not one second.

Three tweets on an account that looks to have been started on Saturday?!?!?

Why would an NFL executive start a twitter account in the middle of interviewing for a GM job?

Makes zero sense.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by IndianaJet View Post
    I don't buy for one second that this is a real account. Not one second.

Three tweets on an account that looks to have been started on Saturday?!?!?

Why would an NFL executive start a twitter account in the middle of interviewing for a GM job?

Makes zero sense.
    No one cared what he had to say before now. Probably has media hounding him all day for answers now. Why not have an easy outlet to make statements?

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by shuler82 View Post
    LOLZ.

I though I read a tweet stating that SD reps were heading back to SD.

Jets Insider VIP

Quote Originally Posted by JetPotato View Post
    No one cared what he had to say before now. Probably has media hounding him all day for answers now. Why not have an easy outlet to make statements?
    And considering Manish and Kim A.Martin are following it, I'm inclined to think it might be legit.

Also, that wasn't the only tweet he had. He tweeted something about the Texans or Bengals making a great opponent for the 9ers in the Superbowl.

Quote Originally Posted by cornjulio21 View Post
    This is about leverage as much as it is due diligence.

Gamble wants to leverage the Chargers, and the Jets want to leverage other candidates.

It is also likely about control and autonomy, and lord knows there are issues with both Spanos and Woody.

Is San Diego a better city than NY? No, but if the Chargers are moving north, that is a whole different ball of wax.

If I'm Gamble, I take a fat deal with the Jets if I can get it. You have the ability rip the team down to its foundation and start over. If things go awry, you can just blame it on Same Old Jets internal dysfunction, and likely get a Mulligan around the league. Remember that as you watch Belichick and Carrol on TV this weekend.
    What do you mean by NY city over SD? I hope you don't mean living conditions, family friendly or weather? What is the matter with Spanos, he backed up his last GM to the hilt, even letting Marty go after a 14 win season.

Veteran
    And considering Manish and Kim A.Martin are following it, I'm inclined to think it might be legit.

Also, that wasn't the only tweet he had. He tweeted something about the Texans or Bengals making a great opponent for the 9ers in the Superbowl.
    Manish is probably only following it because you posted it here. This board is a legit source for rag journalists like him. Don't believe me? Go look at the NY Post's article about PSL Abandonment. There's a line in there that "popular message boards usually reserved for bashing team performance have been very actively talking about walking away from PSL's altogether." He's a joke along with the majority of Jets beat journalists and I wouldn't give a twitter account credence without it being verified by Twitter.

Quote Originally Posted by BleedGreen314 View Post
    Manish is probably only following it because you posted it here. This board is a legit source for rag journalists like him. Don't believe me? Go look at the NY Post's article about PSL Abandonment. There's a line in there that "popular message boards usually reserved for bashing team performance have been very actively talking about walking away from PSL's altogether." He's a joke along with the majority of Jets beat journalists and I wouldn't give a twitter account credence without it being verified by Twitter.
    He was following it before I posted it, though.

All League
    Charter JI Member

And that twitter account is following all the Jets beat writers, the SF beat writers and the typical national journalists (PFT, Peter King, Mort etc.)

Did Manish and Kim follow this account because the account followed them first?

Which came first the chicken or the egg?

If I were going to create a fake Tom Gamble account the first thing I would do is follow guys in the media with the account so that they knew it was there and began to rely on it.

I suspect if Manish thought it was real, he would have retweeted something from it.

Quote Originally Posted by IndianaJet View Post
    And that twitter account is following all the Jets beat writers, the SF beat writers and the typical national journalists (PFT, Peter King, Mort etc.)

Did Manish and Kim follow this account because the account followed them first?

Which came first the chicken or the egg?

If I were going to create a fake Tom Gamble account the first thing I would do is follow guys in the media with the account so that they knew it was there and began to rely on it.

I suspect if Manish thought it was real, he would have retweeted something from it.
    Dunno. Maybe it's one of Manish's sources.

Jets Insider VIP
    This Ross interview needs to hurry the **** up so we can hire Gamble already.

Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    Maybe we should just cut our rosses and take a gamble.

EDIT: In case you didn't see what I was doing, it was a word play on Marc Ross' name. Wasn't meant as a race joke.
    Last edited by McGinley; 01-07-2013 at 03:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    This is just a vibe, but I think Gamble winds up staying with the Niners. I'm thinking this "family issue" prevents him from going anywhere.

We'll find out tomorrow, or the next several days, if I'm right or a doddering, old fool.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    This is just a vibe, but I think Gamble winds up staying with the Niners. I'm thinking this "family issue" prevents him from going anywhere.

We'll find out tomorrow, or the next several days, if I'm right or a doddering, old fool.
    So he may not be the fool we thought he was.