Thread: Would you trade Revis for Romo straight up?

Would you trade Revis for Romo straight up?

Would you?

Would Dallas?

I'm not really one to let the media tell me what to think, ESPN above all. I don't think the Cowboys suck because of Romo. I think without him they would be a 4-12 football team. The Cowboys is actually a worse team to play for than the Jets right now, if you can believe it. The only reason people don't notice just how crappy that organization is from top to bottom is because once upon a time Jimmy Johnson passed through town.

I think if Romo had a team around him, an offensive line perhaps, so he wasn't running for his life all the time, or a defense that could help, he would be really good. He wouldn't be a Rodgers or a Brady but I think with team mates around him we could turn him into something like a Brees.

We're going to lose Revis anyway. Our defense held up alright this year without him and if we had Romo instead of Sanchez we would have been in the play offs and probably going to either Denver or New England right now.

I want Romo on this team bad

God..........

look at what Sanchez has done to this fanbase.......

All League
    nope

No way - we already have a younger version

Sanchez will grow up to be Romo (if he grows up)

looks good vs lesser teams, throws picks when it matters most

Pass

Yes, Dallas is going to trade away a franchise QB for a CB, a position they're already set at.

SMH.

Don't they only have one strong corner? Isn't the rumor mill swirling that Romo may be done in Dallas? Maybe Emperor Jones will get all hot on a lights out dallas defense.

Romo is way better than Sanchez lol. You're crazy.

Dallas isn't all that better than the Jets, if they are at all, and look what Romo did with them in a tougher division with no offensive line

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    Don't they only have one strong corner? Isn't the rumor mill swirling that Romo may be done in Dallas? Maybe Emperor Jones will get all hot on a lights out dallas defense.

Romo is way better than Sanchez lol. You're crazy.

Dallas isn't all that better than the Jets, if they are at all, and look what Romo did with them in a tougher division with no offensive line
    Brandon Carr and Morris are both good corners. CB position is set for Dallas. They don't need Revis.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Brandon Carr and Morris are both good corners. CB position is set for Dallas. They don't need Revis.
    Revis is better then both of them, I'm sure they'd love to have him. But I still wouldn't want to make this trade from a jets point of view, and doesn't make much sense from a Dallas point of view. Romo sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by heymangold View Post
    Revis is better then both of them, I'm sure they'd love to have him. But I still wouldn't want to make this trade from a jets point of view, and doesn't make much sense from a Dallas point of view. Romo sucks.
    You're missing the point: A Darrelle Revis isn't NEEDED; a franchise QB (and yes, Romo is one) is.

Without Revis, we got along just fine with Cro Show (who's good, but isn't Revis) and Kyle F'n Wilson. You don't NEED an elite, shutdown, future HoF CB in this league to win. What Dallas could REALLY use is an OLine that doesn't have Romo running for his life and a center that isn't snapping the ball 20 feet over his head.

For us, the deal would be great. A CB that we don't need for a QB that would be an instant upgrade over Sanchez? Not too shabby. But, for Dallas? It's an awful trade.

Personally, I'd rather draft and develop QB. But, not because this scenario would mean losing Revis. Losing Revis isn't the end of the world like some people think it is. Some people just have a fixation with superstars at positions that don't require them.
    Last edited by McGinley; 01-07-2013 at 06:13 AM.

Hall Of Fame
    Founding JI Member

No- Way! Romo 1 & 6 in big games enough said! We need winner's here not chooker's.;

Let's see ...

Dallas would then have to go with Kyle Orton or draft/sign another QB, all while paying Darrelle Revis, Brandon Carr, Morris Claiborne and Michael Jenkins big money.

Yeah, I don't think so.

God I hate the offseason.

The Knicks are making it fun, this year.