Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Watching this rookie class of QBs ...

All League

Watching this rookie class of QBs ...

Wow, you take a look at this rookie class and you see one thing we don't have and that is leadership. Watching these games this weekend I was telling myself "wow I hope Mark is watching this"...These guys are so far ahead of what we have in Mark, the mobility, the decision making and pocket presence..When you look at the sideline these guys are either in the book or talking to teammates like drawing it up in the dirt, they have the will to win..

Now you take a look at our sideline and you see a confused Mark talking to a clueless sparano with Tebow looking over the shoulder.Aghhhhh...Please give me a QB a gamer a guy that will study hard and play like his life is on the line..

No, no. We just need to surround Mark with pro-bowl talent at every single position so he can get back to being average.

Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    No, no. We just need to surround Mark with pro-bowl talent at every single position so he can get back to being average.
    This!

Quote Originally Posted by jets80 View Post
    Wow, you take a look at this rookie class and you see one thing we don't have and that is leadership. Watching these games this weekend I was telling myself "wow I hope Mark is watching this"...These guys are so far ahead of what we have in Mark, the mobility, the decision making and pocket presence..When you look at the sideline these guys are either in the book or talking to teammates like drawing it up in the dirt, they have the will to win..

Now you take a look at our sideline and you see a confused Mark talking to a clueless sparano with Tebow looking over the shoulder.Aghhhhh...Please give me a QB a gamer a guy that will study hard and play like his life is on the line..
    Not only leadership, but the pocket prescsnce these guys have is off the charts. Forget Luck, who is just a once a generation type rookie, but seeing wilson move in the pocket is just amazing. Sadly we dont have one of these guys.

The one thing we can get in here is an actual innovative offense that plays to the players strengths. Sparano is so unbelievably overmatched calling plays and designing an offense with matt cavanaugh that it is mind boggling how they ascended to these positions.

Mike and Kyle shanahan got RG and instead of getting him to learn their offense they learned HIS. Darrell Bevell got himself a short, running QB so he redesigned his offense to have zone read plays. We need an OC that has a clue how to adapt to his personnel and to todays NFL. Lets hope we find one as opposed to antoher retread like norv turner

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Here we go again.

The Jets didn't make the playoffs because Rex Ryan's defense underperformed. Somebody please start a thread about that. I'm getting really tired of reading about the quarterback who had no way to succeed, something all Jets fans knew since Cortland in July.

SAR I

Hall Of Fame
    Mark is done. If he is on the roster next year that is only b.c we could not get rid of him.

Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Here we go again.

The Jets didn't make the playoffs because Rex Ryan's defense underperformed. Somebody please start a thread about that. I'm getting really tired of reading about the quarterback who had no way to succeed, something all Jets fans knew since Cortland in July.

SAR I
    The Jets defense finished the season 8th overall.

Mark Sanchez finished as the 31st ranked QB and was responsible for 26 turnovers.

Yea, it was the defenses fault.

All Pro
    Sanchez reminds me of A rod out there. People saying he has no talent, or can't read defenses are completely wrong, but unless he can overcome lack of confidence, and grow a pair, I don't want him on the field anymore. What are the chances of him growing up in year 5? I don't want to know. Year 4 was his last chance, and he got worse instead of better. He seemed relieved to be benched, when he should have thrown things and screamed in the coaches face. Sorry He has the talent, and that makes it all the more frustrating, but it's time to move on.

Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Here we go again.

SAR I
    Hijacked thread no. 26

Stop

Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    Sanchez reminds me of A rod out there. People saying he has no talent, or can't read defenses are completely wrong, but unless he can overcome lack of confidence, and grow a pair, I don't want him on the field anymore. What are the chances of him growing up in year 5? I don't want to know. Year 4 was his last chance, and he got worse instead of better. He seemed relieved to be benched, when he should have thrown things and screamed in the coaches face. Sorry He has the talent, and that makes it all the more frustrating, but it's time to move on.
    Talent, talent, talent....do you really think that akili smith and tim couch didnt have talent.

These guys are NFL QBs, that means even the worst of them are in the top 100 in the world. Every one was probably the best player in his state in HS, and a great college player. Once you get to the NFL, everything changes and your mental makeup and ability to handle adversity (whether its WRs complaining or a blitz) is what matters.

Is mark a great athlete, yep. Does he have a great arm, yep.

Can he keep his eyes downfield when the rush comes....NO. Thats what matters

On topic though, I was never a big Russell Wilson fan, but the one thing I saw that he had that Sanchez probably will never have is Confidence.

When the TV cameras panned to the Seahawks huddle, you saw it in Wilson's eyes how he had command over that huddle.

That's something Sanchez never had or probably never will have.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    Didn't ARod require surgery on the other hip after the season? Apparently noone knew his other hip was shot during the season. My pet theory is that starting at some point in 2011 Sanchez had/has knee, shoulder, or whatever problems that are more serious than he or his handlers imagine/let on.

To be fair, we were saying the same things about Butt-Boy his first two years in the playoffs. Let's see how future Hall of Famer Russell Wilson does in the 2nd round.

If you like the QBs in this rookie class, you'll blow your load over the QBs declaring in 2014.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    The Jets defense finished the season 8th overall.

Mark Sanchez finished as the 31st ranked QB and was responsible for 26 turnovers.

Yea, it was the defenses fault.
    As I am with you that I do not agree with SAR, the Jets D finished 8th because they played some of the worst O's in the NFL, I also add that we lost to some of them as well. Take the games against the 5 worst O lines and I am sure our D goes deep into the high teens.

Quote Originally Posted by Green Bandit View Post
    On topic though, I was never a big Russell Wilson fan, but the one thing I saw that he had that Sanchez probably will never have is Confidence.

When the TV cameras panned to the Seahawks huddle, you saw it in Wilson's eyes how he had command over that huddle.

That's something Sanchez never had or probably never will have.
    What surprised me most about wilson is that he actually takes a long time to load and throw the ball, especially on deep passes, yet he still doesnt get hit right before he throws.

The kid's pocket feel is literally amazing. Really is one of the most entertainnig players in the league to watch.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    What surprised me most about wilson is that he actually takes a long time to load and throw the ball, especially on deep passes, yet he still doesnt get hit right before he throws.

The kid's pocket feel is literally amazing. Really is one of the most entertainnig players in the league to watch.
    Whats also impressive about Wilson is that for a QB who is UNDER 6 foot, he doesnt get many balls knocked down at the line of scrimmage. He does great at finding the throwing lanes and moving in the pocket to get a clear throwing path.

2010 AFC Championship game Mark vs Ben
    Mark
    att/com YDS TD INT
    20/33 233 2 0

Ben
    10/19 133 0 2

Looks like a franchise QB to me, especially in the second half....How do we develop this guy more in the offseason ? Get rid of his 2 WR's and not even replace them with avg receivers..but below avg, not have a backup capable of replacing Woody, start Greene who is a backup on a lot of teams. Lets put more on his plate but give him less to work with.

I would really love to see the offseason moves of the Redskins, Seahawks, and Colts. Im sure it wont be similar to this! Its like trading Lynch, or Wayne.
    Out of the three I'm impressed with Wilson the most. I thought Luck should have had a better showing against the Ravens. Tough luck(hehe) rookie, its hard to win in the playoffs!

Hall Of Fame
    FMJets, it is called "garbage time" for a reason. The entire second half of that game was garbage time.

Quote Originally Posted by dustykeller View Post
    If you like the QBs in this rookie class, you'll blow your load over the QBs declaring in 2014.
    Think Manziel will be coming out in 2014 alongside Bridgewater and Murray?