Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Watching this rookie class of QBs ...

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sigh. There was a time when we all loved Sanchez's pocket presence and mobility in the pocket. No really, don't you remember? Seems forever ago now. At least he did give us those 4 road playoff games, we'll always have those.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jets80 View Post
    Wow, you take a look at this rookie class and you see one thing we don't have and that is leadership. Watching these games this weekend I was telling myself "wow I hope Mark is watching this"...These guys are so far ahead of what we have in Mark, the mobility, the decision making and pocket presence..When you look at the sideline these guys are either in the book or talking to teammates like drawing it up in the dirt, they have the will to win..

Now you take a look at our sideline and you see a confused Mark talking to a clueless sparano with Tebow looking over the shoulder.Aghhhhh...Please give me a QB a gamer a guy that will study hard and play like his life is on the line..
    COlts and Redskins got thier QBS because of draft position. Leadership had nothing to do with it

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sanchez is the worst QB in the NFL over his first four seasons.

Don't let the trolls derail the fact that he is:

1. Not a leader. He's Eyore. He mopes like a 5 year old.
    2. He is inaccurate. He fails to complete easy passes to open men.
    3. He has no pocket presence. He fails to feel pressure, or get rid of the ball.
    4. He has poor field vision, he fails to see open men regularly, and also doesn't see defenders.
    5. Is a turnover machine, including in vital points in games. He turns it over in the redzone more than just about anyone. He fumbles more than anyone. He throws as many INT"s as just about anyone.

The trolls can blame a Defense that did, clearly, take a step back. But those of us who watched the games know that Sanchez's poor play, inabillity to score and poorly times turnovers were by far the greatest cause of our downfall the past two seasons.

Our offense scored an anemic 15.25 points per game on average (and gave up a number fo TD's on fumbles and INT's).

The BEST Defense in the NFL....allowed 15.3 points per game. No one else allowed less than 17 point per game.

So even if we had the best defense in the NFL, we'd still have been screwed with our Offense and Mark "Turnover" Sanchez.

Our problem starts and ends with Sanchez.
    Last edited by Warfish; 01-07-2013 at 11:05 AM.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    For those thinking that Mark can be "saved":

In his career Mark Sanchez has 11 games with a QB rating of over 100

Russell Wilson had 9 this year. His rookie year.

Please stop with the Mark nonsense, he need to be cut ASAP.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Here we go again.

The Jets didn't make the playoffs because Rex Ryan's defense underperformed. Somebody please start a thread about that. I'm getting really tired of reading about the quarterback who had no way to succeed, something all Jets fans knew since Cortland in July.

SAR I
    I'm sorry you're right. How dare the defense let up more than 1 yards game

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BRONX JET View Post
    COlts and Redskins got thier QBS because of draft position. Leadership had nothing to do with it
    Leadership??...People are born with leadership, one of Marks biggest downfalls.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by N Y J View Post
    I'm sorry you're right. How dare the defense let up more than 1 yards game
    Some silly people think that if the D isn't shutting the opponent out then they suck. The D held Tennessee to what, 14 points? Some silly people still blamed them while Sanchez turned the ball over 4 times. Yes, our Defense is clearly our biggest problem. Not the turnover machine behind center, no, no, no.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    What surprised me most about wilson is that he actually takes a long time to load and throw the ball, especially on deep passes, yet he still doesnt get hit right before he throws.

The kid's pocket feel is literally amazing. Really is one of the most entertainnig players in the league to watch.
    I think Wilson is a product of the system. It's pretty easy to succeed when you have one of the best running games in the NFL and all day to throw.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Whats also impressive about Wilson is that for a QB who is UNDER 6 foot, he doesnt get many balls knocked down at the line of scrimmage. He does great at finding the throwing lanes and moving in the pocket to get a clear throwing path.
    Wilson has incredible touch. While under pressure...he gets his throws over or around defenders with accuracy.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    No, no. We just need to surround Mark with pro-bowl talent at every single position so he can get back to being average.
    Made me smile!

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnysd View Post
    For those thinking that Mark can be "saved":

In his career Mark Sanchez has 11 games with a QB rating of over 100

Russell Wilson had 9 this year. His rookie year.

Please stop with the Mark nonsense, he need to be cut ASAP.
    Luck has 2 this year, and a 59 rating in the playoffs...Just saying...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FMJets View Post
    Luck has 2 this year, and a 59 rating in the playoffs...Just saying...
    Luck is also asked to throw 50+ times a game with no line. Sanchez, in his 4th year, can't do anything while asked to do less.

Get over your man-boner for Failchez.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FMJets View Post
    2010 AFC Championship game Mark vs Ben
    Mark
    att/com YDS TD INT
    20/33 233 2 0

Ben
    10/19 133 0 2

Looks like a franchise QB to me, especially in the second half....How do we develop this guy more in the offseason ? Get rid of his 2 WR's and not even replace them with avg receivers..but below avg, not have a backup capable of replacing Woody, start Greene who is a backup on a lot of teams. Lets put more on his plate but give him less to work with.

I would really love to see the offseason moves of the Redskins, Seahawks, and Colts. Im sure it wont be similar to this! Its like trading Lynch, or Wayne.
    Out of the three I'm impressed with Wilson the most. I thought Luck should have had a better showing against the Ravens. Tough luck(hehe) rookie, its hard to win in the playoffs!
    Wilson

SEATTLE SEAHAWKS
    Passing Cmp Att Yds TDs
    R. Wilson 15 26 187 1

58% comp percentage

Impressive
    Is anyone crediting the great running game, defense and o-line that gives him hours to throw?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jets80 View Post
    Wow, you take a look at this rookie class and you see one thing we don't have and that is leadership. Watching these games this weekend I was telling myself "wow I hope Mark is watching this"...These guys are so far ahead of what we have in Mark, the mobility, the decision making and pocket presence..When you look at the sideline these guys are either in the book or talking to teammates like drawing it up in the dirt, they have the will to win..

Now you take a look at our sideline and you see a confused Mark talking to a clueless sparano with Tebow looking over the shoulder.Aghhhhh...Please give me a QB a gamer a guy that will study hard and play like his life is on the line..
    Didd you write this post before or after the games? Two out of three are one and done, we'll see how Wilson does (stat line above). Reminds us how hard it is for a rookie to get into let alone win in the playoffs, let alone the SB.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Luck is also asked to throw 50+ times a game with no line. Sanchez, in his 4th year, can't do anything while asked to do less.

Get over your man-boner for Failchez.
    Dude Im just playing devils advocate. All young QB's other than the one we have is going to Canton to Jets fans. Football is the ultimate team sport and sometimes playing with the right team and coaches can make all the difference.

There is a thread comparing RG3 to Vick, in that it an injury to a running QB can kill a season. RG3 and Wilson looks good but there is a huge risk to these type of players. What happens when DC catch up to read option QB's, will they still be successful? I hope so because listening to the interviews shows that these guys are upstanding people as well.

A good recent example is Cam Newton. After last season he surely was destined for the superbowl..right?
    Also ask McElroy about the Jets line the same one Sanchez played with.