Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Tweets & News 1/7

Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    Wait!

So we either end up with Gamble or Caldwell?

Win-Win.
    Well for the SOJ fan, there is this lineup

Keim: Cardinals
    Caldwell: Jaguars
    Gamble: Chargers
    Ross: Panthers
    Dorsey: Chiefs
    Cohen: Jets

Jets Insider VIP
    @AlbertBreer Tom Gamble's interview w/Chargers supposed to happen this weekend on East Coast, and was rescheduled, is set for tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    Exactly.

And as others have mentioned, why pay a firm $200K to find you a GM if all you're going to do is promote the guy in the office next to Tanny's old one.

The pool of potential NFL GM's is quite small and well known. I don't think Korn Ferry was brought in to "find a GM", but more likely to assist in putting together a compensation package.

I am pleased that Woody is doing his due diligence - even if Gamble was his #1 target - you gotta see what's out there.

Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    @AlbertBreer Tom Gamble's interview w/Chargers supposed to happen this weekend on East Coast, and was rescheduled, is set for tomorrow
    So they are coming here to "possibly" interview him?

The plot thickens.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    Michael Silver ‏@MikeSilver
    I'm told by a knowledgeable source that falcons player personnel director is likely to take Jags OR Jets GM job shortly. May have a choice

Caldwell is thought to be the favorite for the Jags job.
    Gamble or Caldwell

I'm down with either

Rookie

It really wouldn't surprise me.... I can hear it now in the Presser... Woody: "We have the basis here for great season next year.... blah blah blah. Scott Cohen is a great football mind.....blah blah blah.... Will find good offensive players for Sporano, Sanchez to work with...... Rex committed etc. blah blah blah...... Sanchez has one more year, gives us best chance to win, etc..... blah blah blah....... looking forward to strong off season and draft......blah blah blah... 5-11 to 7-9 here we come.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Gamble or Caldwell

I'm down with either
    +1. As long as it is not an insider from the Tanny /Bradway group, i.e. Cohen...... Definition of insanity. Trying the same thing and expecting a different result.

Quote Originally Posted by Braumeister View Post
    Exactly.

But let's just say for argument's sake that Cohen absolutely nails his interview. What does Woody do? Hire someone he likes less than Cohen, or hire Cohen and deal with the backlash from the fans?

I highly doubt this happens, BTW. I think the Cohen interview is merely a formality.
    Woody might have hired the consultants to "make the appearance" he's diligently looking under every stone, all the while favoring an in house candidate that he can say the cosultants "agreed" with selection....... just saying this is the Jets we're discussing.

Quote Originally Posted by Guitarjet View Post
    It really wouldn't surprise me.... I can hear it now in the Presser... Woody: "We have the basis here for great season next year.... blah blah blah. Scott Cohen is a great football mind.....blah blah blah.... Will find good offensive players for Sporano, Sanchez to work with...... Rex committed etc. blah blah blah...... Sanchez has one more year, gives us best chance to win, etc..... blah blah blah....... looking forward to strong off season and draft......blah blah blah... 5-11 to 7-9 here we come.
    If your scenario happens, look for a major exodus from all things Jets.

Exactly.

And as others have mentioned, why pay a firm $200K to find you a GM if all you're going to do is promote the guy in the office next to Tanny's old one.
    Man Woody can't do nothing right,on the one hand he's cheap,on the other he playing fast and loose with his own cash...how dare he

Hall Of Fame
    Founding JI Member

Nothing shocking about this lineup.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Redlichtie View Post
    Man Woody can't do nothing right,on the one hand he's cheap,on the other he playing fast and loose with his own cash...how dare he
    I wouldn't consider him cheap.. After all look at the cap mess and money "Mr. T" spent. He doesn't make good decisions with his money it seems. If he spends a wad of cash and gets back that the best candidate comes from a regime that gave you this season's results and he passes up candidates that have found good talent lower in the draft (Ross, NYG) or have built a solid programs with other teams (Gamble, Caldwell), then your correct... he can do no right.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    He's not under contract....or is he technically still under contract until March 1?
    After what Marrone said, I'd tell them to take a hike.

Manish Mehta ‏@MMehtaNYDN
    Jets will not retain QBs coach Matt Cavanaugh, per source.

Cavanaugh's days appeared to be numbered after 2011, but he survived. Now, Jets will look for QB guru 2 help Mark Sanchez (or whoever is QB)

Jake Steinberg ‏@Steiny31
    Matt Cavanaugh won't be back in 2013. *Que the Chad Pennington for QB Coach Campaign*
    Last edited by McGinley; 01-07-2013 at 05:23 PM.

Matt Cavanaugh was informed this morning when he returned to the Jets facility that he wasn't coming back next season. #nyj

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Skydog View Post
    The pool of potential NFL GM's is quite small and well known. I don't think Korn Ferry was brought in to "find a GM", but more likely to assist in putting together a compensation package.

I am pleased that Woody is doing his due diligence - even if Gamble was his #1 target - you gotta see what's out there.
    I'm not so sure.

This is the 1st time in Woody's ownership that he's actually searched for a GM on his own.

Jerry Angelo and Rick Donohue were the only two interviewed before Bradway signed just two days after Parcells stepped down. All three had ties to Parcells and were brought in on Parcells recommendation (of course).

Then Tannenbaum took over when Bradway stepped down from his GM duties.

I think they are doing more than just contract negotiation.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Jets will not retain QBs coach Matt Cavanaugh, per source.

Cavanaugh's days appeared to be numbered after 2011, but he survived. Now, Jets will look for QB guru 2 help Mark Sanchez (or whoever is QB)

Matt Cavanaugh won't be back in 2013. *Que the Chad Pennington for QB Coach Campaign*
    Thank you Hayzeus!!! Best news of the day!!!

By the way Steiny, it's "queue."

Thank you Hayzeus!!! Best news of the day!!!

By the way Steiny, it's "queue."
    No. "Queue" is a line, whilst "cue" is a stage direction.

Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    No. "Queue" is a line, whilst "cue" is a stage direction.

SNY is going to carry the #Jets Press Conference tomorrow with Rex Ryan and Woody Johnson live at 11:00AM. #nyj