Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Tweets & News 1/7

Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    If Sparano is retained, I don't watch Jets games next season.
    +1 Plus, I send Woody and Rex each a box of doodie.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Braumeister View Post
    Cohen actually wouldn't be terrible. He has a strong scouting background. He worked under Tom Heckert with the Eagles.

He's not the sexy pick mainly because he's an internal candidate, and I wouldn't say he's my top choice, but I don't think he'd be a bad one either.
    By the same token, no one is knocking on the Jets door asking to talk to Scott Cohen. Too many good candidates available to settle.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    By the same token, no one is knocking on the Jets door asking to talk to Scott Cohen. Too many good candidates available to settle.
    When looking for a GM, don't you look towards a team that has drafted well in the last 3 years? Someone who has been around a team with a good drafting philosophy?

"Hey, we stole a scout off the Jets!!! He brought the entire Jets draft board with him!"

"Is it too late to give him back?"

Quote Originally Posted by JETFAN1 View Post
    It's hard to believe any of these tweets.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
    It's ...

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by chirorob View Post
    When looking for a GM, don't you look towards a team that has drafted well in the last 3 years? Someone who has been around a team with a good drafting philosophy?

"Hey, we stole a scout off the Jets!!! He brought the entire Jets draft board with him!"

"Is it too late to give him back?"
    Exactly.

And as others have mentioned, why pay a firm $200K to find you a GM if all you're going to do is promote the guy in the office next to Tanny's old one.

Clinkscales! Clinkscales! Clinkscales!

Banned
    Exactly.

And as others have mentioned, why pay a firm $200K to find you a GM if all you're going to do is promote the guy in the office next to Tanny's old one.
    Exactly.

But let's just say for argument's sake that Cohen absolutely nails his interview. What does Woody do? Hire someone he likes less than Cohen, or hire Cohen and deal with the backlash from the fans?

I highly doubt this happens, BTW. I think the Cohen interview is merely a formality.

Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    Again I wouldn't mind Scott Cohen simply because he's a football personnel guy. Plus we don't know the machinations of his relationship with Tanny. For all we know he might have have been secretly opposed to the players that Tanny had drafted or signed.
    TRUE but do you REALLY want to take that risk?

At least if we hire someone OUTSIDE the organization AWAY from the CIRCUS-like atmosphere that permeated this entire franchise 24/7, we know that his viewpoints/ideas/whatever will be fresh and...*gasp*...MAKE SENSE!!

What a concept....

Quote Originally Posted by chirorob View Post
    That is silly, saying Marino wouldn't have been that much better pick than O'Brien. O'Brien is the second best QB on a franchise that hasn't had a 3rd best. Marino is one of the best all time, just cause Shula gave him no running game and no defense.
    Pretty much every team in the NFL thought Marino wasn't worth any more than a late first rounder. Just because the Jets took a QB everyone blasts them and gives the other teams a pass,

Ken O'Brien was a very good player. You would think we were the ones that took Todd blackledge that year. The bottom line is that the Jets could have done better but made a good selection.

Marino would not have kept the sack exchange and offensive line from getting old and injured. He would not have fixed the weaknesses in our coaching staff.

With that being said, Marino throwing to Walker, Toon, and Shuler would have been fun to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    TRUE but do you REALLY want to take that risk?

At least if we hire someone OUTSIDE the organization AWAY from the CIRCUS-like atmosphere that permeated this entire franchise 24/7, we know that his viewpoints/ideas/whatever will be fresh and...*gasp*...MAKE SENSE!!

What a concept....
    That's true. Which is why Cohen is being interviewed last. He is basically the last resort/ emergency plan.

Rich Cimini ‏@RichCimini
    5 reasons to avoid Jets' GM job: It'll be a tough job. Here's why: 1. Rex Ryan. From all indications, the ... http://es.pn/V4tITn #nyj

Rich Cimini ‏@RichCimini
    Tattoo shirt hits the fans: It doesn't say a lot about your quarterbacks when the head coach has the most f... http://es.pn/V4tJ9M #nyj

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by James Hasty View Post
    Pretty much every team in the NFL thought Marino wasn't worth any more than a late first rounder. Just because the Jets took a QB everyone blasts them and gives the other teams a pass,

Ken O'Brien was a very good player. You would think we were the ones that took Todd blackledge that year. The bottom line is that the Jets could have done better but made a good selection.

Marino would not have kept the sack exchange and offensive line from getting old and injured. He would not have fixed the weaknesses in our coaching staff.

With that being said, Marino throwing to Walker, Toon, and Shuler would have been fun to watch.
    FWIW, one of the major concerns with Marino was weed.

Quote Originally Posted by Braumeister View Post
    Exactly.

But let's just say for argument's sake that Cohen absolutely nails his interview. What does Woody do? Hire someone he likes less than Cohen, or hire Cohen and deal with the backlash from the fans?

I highly doubt this happens, BTW. I think the Cohen interview is merely a formality.
    exactly.

it's part of the due process and the kind of standard procedure you'd expect to have in place when a recruiting firm is involved.

Jets Insider VIP
    FWIW, one of the major concerns with Marino was weed.
    Doobie Dan!

Michael Silver ‏@MikeSilver
    I'm told by a knowledgeable source that falcons player personnel director is likely to take Jags OR Jets GM job shortly. May have a choice

Caldwell is thought to be the favorite for the Jags job.

Brian Costello ‏@BrianCoz
    http://Footballscoop.com reporting the Bills have asked the Jets for permission to interview Mike Pettine for DC job. #nyj

Jets Insider VIP
    I'm told by a knowledgeable source that falcons player personnel director is likely to take Jags OR Jets GM job shortly. May have a choice

Holy ****. Thought we didn't have a chance.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Brian Costello ‏@BrianCoz
    http://Footballscoop.com reporting the Bills have asked the Jets for permission to interview Mike Pettine for DC job. #nyj
    He's not under contract....or is he technically still under contract until March 1?

If Cardinals player personnel director Steve Keim doesn't sign as Arizona's GM, expect him to become the Jags' GM. Cancelled SD interview...

So this could be the chain

Keim-Jaguars
    Caldwell-Jets
    Gamble-Chargers
    Ross-Panthers

Wait!

So we either end up with Gamble or Caldwell?

Win-Win.