Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Tweets & News 1/7

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Not necessary. It could still be Ross, who seems very impressive.

Dorsey and Heckert are being tied to KC. With Heckert as GM and Dorsey under him. Not sure what role, or if it will come to be.

Before the season ended, wasn't there a report that the Jets had contacted a guy from the Texans? That's another team that has drafted very well.

Rich Cimini ‏@RichCimini
    On WGR radio interview in Buffalo, Doug Marrone refers to #Jets as the "other team downstate," per @MattPark1.

This dickhole is aware that we own the rights to that **** franchise, right?

I could care less as long as they have a scouting & football background.
    It's all a crapshoot anyway in the draft.
    I just hope, whoever we hire drafts "football players", non of this potential BS & guys from small schools from 1st to 4th picks.
    It's funny (well not for us fans), that Tanny picks Ducasse & we have to hear about a language barrier.
    Oh Great,
    Now we need an interpreter for our freaking 2nd round pick.
    Lot of this chit is just ridiculous.
    If during the draft, Jets fans were given electronic gizmos in their seats like they have at Disneys Who wants to be a millionaire, the NY Jets would have had,
    Warren Sapp, Ed Reed, Dan Marino, Zach Thomas & many more, lol.
    I remember when the Jets picked Ken Obrien, they interviewed a Jets fan & he was like, "I'm surprised they didn't take Marino", he should have been the pick".
    It's pretty sad really.

Then you have Bradway taking Nugent a KICKER in the 2nd round.
    Rocket science, this drafting thing.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    If Sparano is retained, I don't watch Jets games next season.
    Yes you will. I say that every year and still root for the Jets. Most people can't change unless you aren't a real fan.

Again I wouldn't mind Scott Cohen simply because he's a football personnel guy. Plus we don't know the machinations of his relationship with Tanny. For all we know he might have have been secretly opposed to the players that Tanny had drafted or signed.

Quote Originally Posted by jetster View Post
    I just hope, whoever we hire drafts "football players", non of this potential BS & guys from small schools from 1st to 4th picks.
    It's funny (well not for us fans), that Tanny picks Ducasse & we have to hear about a language barrier.
    Oh Great,
    If during the draft, Jets fans were given electronic gizmos in their seats like they have at Disneys Who wants to be a millionaire, the NY Jets would have had,
    I remember when the Jets picked Ken Obrien, they interviewed a Jets fan & he was like, "I'm surprised they didn't take Marino", he should have been the pick".
    It's pretty sad really.

Ken O'Brien gets such a bad rap when in truth he won the same amount of Super Bowls that Marino did. Zero.

He is IMO the second best QB that this franchise has ever had.

An interesting tweet from Gamble...

Tom Gamble ‏@TomGambleNFL
    Thanks for the questions about my future. I hope you will understand that at this time I cannot comment on recent speculation. #49ers #Jets

Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    An interesting tweet from Gamble...

Thanks for the questions about my future. I hope you will understand that at this time I cannot comment on recent speculation. #49ers #Jets
    That tweet was from Saturday. I thought the account could have been a fake, but it looks like it isn't. I find the top tweet a bit more interesting.

Watching JJ Watt at work it's clear to see why Rex Ryan compared him to Dan Hampton. He has the whole league at his feet right now.

At first I thought this was a feet joke against Rex which questioned the viability of this account, but it seems interesting that he mentioned Rex in a tweet.

Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    That tweet was from Saturday. I thought the account could have been a fake, but it looks like it isn't.
    Has 3k+ followers and is followed by Manish and Kim A. Martin. Seems legit.

Why would he follow Rich Cimini though?

Jets Insider VIP
    Not to mention, he just created the account. The Jets are big on social media.

Why would he follow Rich Cimini though?
    Dunno. It's somewhat intriguing, to say the least.

Dunno. It's somewhat intriguing, to say the least.
    It just seems strange for an executive to follow on Twitter a beat writer for a team that you are not only not employed for but you are up for employment with said team.

Something's not right.

Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    Not to mention, he just created the account. The Jets are big on social media.
    It just seems strange for an executive to follow on Twitter a beat writer for a team that you are not only not employed for but you are up for employment with said team.

Something's not right.
    Would be hilarious if Manish and Cimini were conspiring.

#EXPOSE THE TRUTH

Quote Originally Posted by jetster View Post
    Oh Great,
    It's pretty sad really.

Warren Sapp, Ed Reed, Dan Marino, Junior Seau (i had Cortez Kennedy and Seau ahead of Blair Thomas). lol...... I would have Taken Gholston, although I liked Mayo alot..... I liked Coples pick....

Draft is crap shoot... I think certain organizations are much bettter than others..... Level of competion and scheme in college is tricky... but important to take advantage of all 7 rounds...

I'd bet against it. I don't see a GM candidate establishing a twitter account over the weekend. They have more important things on their plate right now. And to just hastag Jets and niners when SD & other teams are interested in him.

Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    I'd bet against it. I don't see a GM candidate establishing a twitter account over the weekend. They have more important things on their plate right now. And to just hastag Jets and niners when SD & other teams are interested in him.
    Not really sure when it was made, but I get your feel. I say we take it with a grain of salt.

Quote Originally Posted by jetfan51 View Post
    Warren Sapp, Ed Reed, Dan Marino, Junior Seau (i had Cortez Kennedy and Seau ahead of Blair Thomas). lol...... I would have Taken Gholston, although I liked Mayo alot..... I liked Coples pick....

Draft is crap shoot... I think certain organizations are much bettter than others..... Level of competion and scheme in college is tricky... but important to take advantage of all 7 rounds...
    you left out Vilma over Wilfork. That was a stellar decision too

Jets Insider VIP
    Rich Cimini ‏@RichCimini
    On WGR radio interview in Buffalo, Doug Marrone refers to #Jets as the "other team downstate," per @MattPark1.

This dickhole is aware that we own the rights to that **** franchise, right?
    Ummm the jets don't even play in the State of NY so whats the problem

All Pro
    Ken O'Brien gets such a bad rap when in truth he won the same amount of Super Bowls that Marino did. Zero.

He is IMO the second best QB that this franchise has ever had.
    That is silly, saying Marino wouldn't have been that much better pick than O'Brien. O'Brien is the second best QB on a franchise that hasn't had a 3rd best. Marino is one of the best all time, just cause Shula gave him no running game and no defense.