Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FA master list

Undrafted Free Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    if we cant trade sanchez cut him. if we cant trade tebow he stays along with mcelroy and we sign vince young on the cheap and try to resurrect his career and let them battle it out in training camp.
    WHAT??

You are joking right.....

Schluberator & Gadfly ®
    SAR's boy is available!

The only FA worthy of discussing are the one's currently on Jet's roster.....

I would like to Keep Landry... not sure we can afford him..

We need to lock in Revis... u don't let HOF walk after 2013 season...

I think it will boil down to who can get for the right price.......

All about Draft.... 7 pics as of now.... OLB/OL/TE/QB/WR/S/RB should all warrant attention...

there ware FA bargains out there... I think Braylon Edwards will be one of them..... could take a lot of pressure off of WRs postion.. Edwards, Holmes, Kerley, Hill.....

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    if we cant trade sanchez cut him. if we cant trade tebow he stays along with mcelroy and we sign vince young on the cheap and try to resurrect his career and let them battle it out in training camp.
    LMFAO

Jets Insider VIP
    Paul Kruger
    Felix Jones
    Reed Doughty
    Delanie Walker

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Paul Kruger
    Felix Jones
    Reed Doughty
    Delanie Walker
    Nice list. I don't like Jones much but this would work for me, if they could pull it off.

Practice Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMikeIsHot View Post
    Nice list. I don't like Jones much but this would work for me, if they could pull it off.
    I actually thought yours on page 1 was pretty good, as well. I've been a Felix fan sfor a while, but he always seems to disappoint because he's made of glass.

Doughty looked pretty good this season and always seemed to be around the ball. Don't think it's necessary to lay out the $ on Landry, even though he was good this yr.

I can't see us affording Kruger and any of the 3 TEs (Bennett, Cook, Walker) would be great. Bennett is my favorite though because I think he has a very high ceiling.

Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Paul Kruger
    Felix Jones
    Reed Doughty
    Delanie Walker
    You don't think that the jets could sign those guys do you? Kruger is going to be at least 6m per year. Getting 2 sacks yesterday probably added another mill to that.

Post FA- BRING MIKE DEVITO BACK

=The Jets need to find a way to bring Mike DeVito back. Mike Tannenbaum allowed too many players like DeVito to leave over the years and it caught up to him. DeVito is a versatile, blue-collar player who is essential to the Jets defensive line rotation. He is also one of the leaders in the locker room and one of the team’s most high character guys. Besides, if he walks…you know he is ending up in New England.

Whoever is in charge of Gameday Operations for Jets games – No more C-List celebrities leading awkward J-E-T-S chants before the game. No more special teams being called out as starters. No more fireworks and poorly timed music being blared. Thank you.

Quinton Coples led the Jets this season with 5.5 sacks, despite only playing in 47% of the team’s snaps. It was quietly a very strong year for Coples, who will only get better as his technique improves and playing time increases. I was as critical about the pick as anybody but he proved his critics wrong and could be a double-digit sack guy next year playing alongside Muhammad Wilkerson and improved outside linebackers.

As for the other rookies, it is easy to be down on Stephen Hill’s future after a disappointing rookie year but we knew he was far from a finished product coming out of Georgia Tech. Shame on the Jets for forcing him into the starting line-up with no capable veterans at split end to help ease him in. Hill has the physical skills but still needs to improve his hands and route-running. He can be an consistently explosive player in this league, it is just going to take time. Demario Davis didn’t get much of a shot this year, so it will be interesting to see how he fits in the new GM’s plans. Antonio Allen has potential going forward as a situational player and special teamer.

Words I never want to hear again associated with the Jets: Wildcat, Process, (Insert Number Here) is eligible, Ground and/or Pound, TEBOW, Pump fake.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by HuntinJet View Post
    WHAT??

You are joking right.....
    Let me play devils advocate and give some rationale to this. Tebow could be used as a backup and on special teams, he could also play fullback and RB. He's knows the Offense and the press coverage on him next year should be a lot less.
    McElroy wasn't given a chance in his first start. He was sacked like 100 times. He's cheap and who knows what he can do.

Vince Young was a terrific QB in college and can run like RGIII. He was very immature when he got his millions and fcked up. We learn from our mistakes. Who's to say given a second chance he wouldn't work out. He's better than Sanchez and with the right coaches could be very good. He also has prototype physical QB size etc.

So playing what if, I think everything needs to be evaluated including obviously err-a-din like dat.

Too bad we don't have any cap room.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by southside View Post
    Too bad we don't have any cap room.
    Not right now but given a few guys negotiating their contracts we could have some cap room. Conboy made a scenario in another thread where player can get bonus' instead of salary and make room for cap. I don't understand all that cap stuff so I defer to someone that does.

All Pro
    Antwan Barnes might be an inexpensive signing at OLB, we pursued him a couple of years back but he re-signed with SD.

Lucky for us is that this is a really ****ty FA Class in a year where we have no money to spend. No pressure for the GM to make any sort of splash in FA this year......

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by RMJK View Post
    Let me play devils advocate and give some rationale to this. Tebow could be used as a backup and on special teams, he could also play fullback and RB. He's knows the Offense and the press coverage on him next year should be a lot less.
    McElroy wasn't given a chance in his first start. He was sacked like 100 times. He's cheap and who knows what he can do.

Vince Young was a terrific QB in college and can run like RGIII. He was very immature when he got his millions and fcked up. We learn from our mistakes. Who's to say given a second chance he wouldn't work out. He's better than Sanchez and with the right coaches could be very good. He also has prototype physical QB size etc.

So playing what if, I think everything needs to be evaluated including obviously err-a-din like dat.
    Vince Young sucks, even worse than Sanchez. He couldn't find a job last year, but you want him to compete for the starting job here? Are you drunk?

A shame, this list is has some pretty good players and we can't afford anyone

Quote Originally Posted by RMJK View Post
    Let me play devils advocate

Tebow HAS to be cut (a trade seems unlikely). It makes no sense to keep him here, actually it didn't make any sense to trade for him in the first place. F U Woody.

All Pro
    Unfortunately we have to eat it this year.

All this splash happy - draft like punks - behavior has caughten up with us. We get to be a talentless 5-11 team next year before the regrowth can bloom...

We can help things actually drafting well this year. Did a single soul do anything this past year outside of Coples?

Quote Originally Posted by chirorob View Post
    That right there is the recipe for a 2 win team.
    You have to admit he is probably right in saying we should go after Vince Young. Young has everything you want in a QB. He is mentally strong, never quits on his teammates, never quits on his coaches, never has his mom defend him from the media, never has an unloaded gun in his car after going missing from the team, and has so much financial stability he clearly wouldn't be playing just for the money. Sign me up.