Thread: Sign Revis, Landry.. No More Trades... especiall for QB

Sign Revis, Landry.. No More Trades... especiall for QB

New GM is going to inherit quite a mess. IMO, would like to try and retain our critical talent and build team within draft. Utilize FA in terms of stop gap solutions..

Think Revis and Landry represent greatest talent.. if i were to lose one, it would be Landry. I think Revis is a once in lifetime player.. worthy of Jet for life...

Salary cap will be ugly to manage. The Draft is and will always be a critical aspect of building a championship caliber team.. With so many needs, Jets do not necessarily need to focus a specific postion.... although hard to imagine the jets not going OLB in round 1 or 2. based upon roster compostion and draft day 1 value.......

Do not consider trading for a veteran QB.... if they were any good, they would not be on trading block.... the future qb of jets is not playing in the league at this point in time... Stop gap QB is worthy of signing, but drafting a qb in 2013 is best scenario.

No substitution for youth!!! yet the young guys play.... FA signings will need to be made based on bargains... Jets are in no position to pay premium given current roster/cap situation.

Draft Physically Talented Players... Size, Speed and Power...

Didn't we have this thread a week ago?

Quote Originally Posted by jetfan51 View Post
    New GM is going to inherit quite a mess. IMO, would like to try and retain our critical talent and build team within draft. Utilize FA in terms of stop gap solutions..

Think Revis and Landry represent greatest talent.. if i were to lose one, it would be Landry. I think Revis is a once in lifetime player.. worthy of Jet for life...

Salary cap will be ugly to manage. The Draft is and will always be a critical aspect of building a championship caliber team.. With so many needs, Jets do not necessarily need to focus a specific postion.... although hard to imagine the jets not going OLB in round 1 or 2. based upon roster compostion and draft day 1 value.......

Do not consider trading for a veteran QB.... if they were any good, they would not be on trading block.... the future qb of jets is not playing in the league at this point in time... Stop gap QB is worthy of signing, but drafting a qb in 2013 is best scenario.

No substitution for youth!!! yet the young guys play.... FA signings will need to be made based on bargains... Jets are in no position to pay premium given current roster/cap situation.

Draft Physically Talented Players... Size, Speed and Power...
    Laron Landry is critical talent?

Is safety that important of a position? Because if we follow your plan in addition to the $8+ million we pay cromartie and the $12 million revis will command, Landry is probably gonna get a $5 million/year contract. Is it wise salary cap management to tie up $25 million in your defensive secondary?

When's the last time an All-Pro CB and S carried a team to a Super Bowl?

The NFL is about three positions: QB, OLB/DE and LT.

The rest can be filled in as the chips fall. Of course you can't have 19 other scrubs, but you get my point.

good read i agree.

if we cant dump sanchez for flynn then we need to take another approach.

theres a few unsigned qbs out there that can maybe give us more than mark sanchez does.

revis and landry key players on the defense.

Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post

Is safety that important of a position? Because if we follow your plan in addition to the $8+ million we pay cromartie and the $12 million revis will command, Landry is probably gonna get a $5 million/year contract. Is it wise salary cap management to tie up $25 million in your defensive secondary?
    i think you make a good point..... critical.. no.. but he is definitely looked as a priority signing.. whether we can or can not.. Revis is the guy...

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by 124 View Post

The rest can be filled in as the chips fall. Of course you can't have 19 other scrubs, but you get my point.
    you can add CB to the BIG 4..... with emphasis on passing game... CB is a Critical position as well as edge rusher on Defense...

10 years ago... you would have said that Safety was critical... but the value of position has gone up drastically due to passing rules.

understand basis of your points... Jets are going to draft a OLB.. most likely in 1st 2 rounds...

Veteran

I'd add that a better LB corp could take up the slack/pressure that Landry had to do this season. I'd much prefer our ILBs to lead the team in tackles - rather than our safeties.

Quote Originally Posted by 124 View Post

I think Ty law and lawyer milloy might have had a big part to do with one or two of those championships. Also Payton manning never won a Super Bowl until bob sanders came along. These are team games. You need a qb but other players help. I'm not willing to blow up the team just because our qb may not be on the roster right now.

when was the last time an OLD, DE , LT carried a team to the super bowl?

You need a good QB and a special unit. The Jets defense has potential to be special.