Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: NFL Coaching shocker in the next 48 Hrs

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    Love it when he says "Wisconsin"
    LOL. They pan away from him for a few seconds so they can switch out mics.

Shocker... hmmm....

Either High Profile:

1) Team - Cowboys, Redskins
    2) Unlikely Firing: Shanahan
    3) College Ranks: Saban, Kelly......
    4) ex coach Cowher, Chucky...

Hall Of Fame
    Founding JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Four teams lost this weekend:

Bengals
    Redskins
    Vikings
    Colts

My money's on Chuck Pagano.

SAR I
    No way they fire a guy this quick who just got back and in cancer, rehab. If anyone fro
    This last weekend my money on Marvin Lewis bengals

It won't involve the Jets directly because if it did then Francesa would be all excited about it. Especially if it was negative to Rex.

Maybe something like Shanahan getting fired or something with the Cowboys.

Most likely something involving Saban or Kelly and I could absolutely see either of them in the NFL.

Tom Coughlin gets fired because Giants brass realize that they can not count on miracle catches and road playoff victories to win SB's. Since Coughlin can not take credit for the 2 miracle catches resulting in SB wins, but can absolutely be saddled with responsibility for his team averaging a 9-7 finish over the past 4 seasons, he will be canned. The giants have underachieved in a weak division and Giant brass wants a coach that can have the team in a position to compete for home field advantage throughout the playoffs. Coughlin's overall results are poor in light of the talent on the team and the weakness of the division.

How about the FatMan is making this up and giving a 2 day window for something to happen to appear that he's in the know.

Gullible. Look it up.

Quote Originally Posted by intelligentjetsfan View Post
    "The Redskins coaching staff did not communicate well with the doctors. They let the players dictate when and if they should play. The league can thank the jets for establishing that culture in the NFL."
    I am once again impressed with your wit and creativity

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by morite View Post
    The Jets are going with a "No GM" and "No Head Coach" approach this year. Woody's dying to find out if the latest of his crazy, hair-brained schemes will work.
    Much like the no announcer game in the 80's lol

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

Bengals
    Redskins
    Vikings
    Colts

SAR I
    Pagano has a 1 year cancer pass. He could have lined Luck up at Nose tackle yesterday and not gotten fired this week.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by jetswin View Post
    Much like the no announcer game in the 80's lol

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2
    Wow - I remember that. Jets at Miami, the last game of the season, right? I think it was 1980.

If its within 48 hrs, then it involved one of the coaches tonight. I say Saban to the Cowboys.
    Last edited by Sec340; 01-07-2013 at 04:33 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenReaper View Post
    Joe Willie will be new HC NYJ. And have total control of all decisions concerning player personnel and the draft.
    LOL and Suzie will be the new OC.

Quote Originally Posted by FlagmanL11 View Post
    Lou Holtz is returning to the Jets?
    Beat me to it, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    Pagano has a 1 year cancer pass. He could have lined Luck up at Nose tackle yesterday and not gotten fired this week.
    Indeed. If anyone, I'd say Frazier or Lewis gets fired.

Jets Insider VIP
    Appearing on 97.5 The Fanatic in Philadelphia, ESPN's Ron Jaworski said the Eagles have not reached out to Jon Gruden, but the former head coach would be interested in their head-coaching vacancy.

Gruden is a hot name every hiring season, but he seems content on manning the Monday Night Football booth for ESPN. NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reported last week that no teams had set up interviews with the former Raiders and Bucs head coach, and that still appears to be the case. Philadelphia seems to be leaning towards a fresh face with an offensive mindset, not a retread. Jon's brother, Jay, the Bengals OC, is a name that has been mentioned, and Broncos OC Mike McCoy is another name to keep an eye on for the job.

Jets Insider VIP

Bengals
    Redskins
    Vikings
    Colts

SAR I
    LMAO

Did GM I mean Nike hijack your computer?

Quote Originally Posted by parkwayjet1 View Post
    Wow - I remember that. Jets at Miami, the last game of the season, right? I think it was 1980.
    Yes, it was, and the Jets won. What is significant about it from the Jets perspective is by winning that game, we went from 2 to 3 in the draft, the Giants picked LT 2nd, we got Freeman Mcneil 3rd, and the rest is history. I still can't even imagine LT playing with the Sack Exchange. It would have been almost unfair.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by parkwayjet1 View Post
    Yup. 1980. Pre-Ray Ray.

Quote Originally Posted by southside View Post
    How about the FatMan is making this up and giving a 2 day window for something to happen to appear that he's in the know.

Gullible. Look it up.

Quote Originally Posted by section314 View Post
    Yes, it was, and the Jets won. What is significant about it from the Jets perspective is by winning that game, we went from 2 to 3 in the draft, the Giants picked LT 2nd, we got Freeman Mcneil 3rd, and the rest is history. I still can't even imagine LT playing with the Sack Exchange. It would have been almost unfair.
    Yet another dark cloud in Jets History of winning the wrong games... kind of like beating KC in the 2007 final game to get the Ghost...