Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!

Thread: Play HC for a minute..

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Play HC for a minute..

So if you were the HC of the Redskins do you still start RG III at say 40-50% or do you start the back up ? Since this is a playoff game and RG said he wanted to play and was OK I say start him but what do you think ?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Timeout.
    RAGE.
    LAUGH.
    Timeout.

#Rex

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    I would have started him, but when it became abundantly clear that he couldn't play I would have sat him.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    The doctor said RGIII wa still healing and he didn't clear him.

What if playing him in one game makes him lose a few step for the rest of his career? RGIII can run like a deer and it makes him hard for defenses to plan for him; now he becomes a pocket passer because of poor judgement.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I would have started RGIII but I would have been quicker to pull him out of the game.

Not only was he in greater danger of getting hurt as he wore down but he became less effective in completing drives failing to score any points after the first 14.

Cousins proved to be a decent option when called upon in the past. He deserved a chance to get the Skins back into the game sooner.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    I would have sat him. It's his rookie year. He helped get them to the playoffs after a terrible season last year. And injure it more and who knows how many years left he will have?

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by B2 Bomber View Post
    I would have sat him. It's his rookie year. He helped get them to the playoffs after a terrible season last year. And injure it more and who knows how many years left he will have?
    Well let me restate that. Would have started him he looked ok, but when he first re-injured it in the game TAKE HIM OUT. Can ruin his career keeping him in and he hurt it 2x in that playoff game.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    He was fine to start. I would have started him. As soon as he reinjured it he would've been out.

Shanahan blew that, but I mean you got a rookie backing up a rookie. You can't really find fault either way unless you look forward to the health of your franchise over a playoff victory...........something somebody working for Dan Snyder can't do ever.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like

r

Quote Originally Posted by rmeyer52 View Post
    So if you were the HC of the Redskins do you still start RG III at say 40-50% or do you start the back up ? Since this is a playoff game and RG said he wanted to play and was OK I say start him but what do you think ?
    Lopsided question (seems like) now after the way the game turned out, but a good one.
    I would have started him for sure, like you said it's the playoffs.
    I think in the heat of the game and with such a quick start for the skins and Seattle being Seattle there were some decisions made that were not thought thru. RG3 is the long term answer for Washington"s Qb issues, but not if you continue to do stupid **** like that!
    HOW IS HE GOING TO PLAY NEXT WEEK ANYWAY?
    Rookie season, damn give the man a chance to be good is all I'm saying.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just before the second TD RGIII scrambled to the right and misfired on a pass in the endzone while kind of driving out of bounds with a defender approaching. He came down funny, then took his helmet off in obvious pain and gave his bench one long stare. I kind of got the feeling from it that he basically was asking to relive him off his painful situation and that he just cant really go...

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RMJK View Post
    The doctor said RGIII wa still healing and he didn't clear him.

What if playing him in one game makes him lose a few step for the rest of his career? RGIII can run like a deer and it makes him hard for defenses to plan for him; now he becomes a pocket passer because of poor judgement.
    He's not a bad pocket passer, as it is. The quicker he can make that permanent mental adjustment to pocket passing first, the better. Even at a half step slower, he is still threat to NFL defenses running the ball. I always thought the Redskins Read option had a short shelf life anyway. Your taking an insane risk everytime this guy runs the ball and for what? How many championships have running quarterbacks won? RGIII has a great arm, good accuracy and makes good decisions. As a ROOKIE! Let's play it smart, why don't cha?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

"Can he play?!"

"Shanny, he's in a coma-"

"Answer the question!"

"I don't think even think he can breathe, we gotta take him to a hospital immediately-"

"You listen to me right right now! I don't care what you gotta do, RG3 stays in the game god dammit!"

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Can you imagine

Can you imagine the outrage on this forum and in the media if Ryan did what Shanahan did.Against the advice Dr Andrews he continued to play a QB that couldn't move or protect himself, then lied to the media about gettin the go ahead from Andrews that he could continue. A far more serious mishandling of Quarterbacks than Rex.Shanahan had cousins, who did we have