Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: There goes Pettine

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    He was the defensive coordinator. The defense was pretty good overall. Especially with limited pass rush personnel. Does Rex take a lot of the credit? Sure, but if we blame people when their units don't do well, we should give them credit when they do - the defense played well, he was a funny guy on Hard Knocks....I liked him.

What do we know about what anyone does? For instance, every single one of us is waving goodbye to Cavanaugh - including myself. Do we really have any clue as to whether he was good or not? It may well be that Sanchez sucks full and complete moose c*ck and nothing anyone would do would save him. Or maybe Cavanaugh is the one who blows goats. We really don't know from behind our keyboards.
    the defense wasnt as good as it could have been. gave up way too many big plays at key times. i know they were tired from being on the field too much but this guy didnt bring out the best in them.

he should have played guys like davis and mcintyre more and benched the slugs.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    DYNASTY!

EDIT: Wait, you have to actually WIN the Superbowls to be a Dynasty, right? Oh, ok. Nevermind.
    Funny that us jets fans are resorting to mocking the buffalo bills to feel good about ourselves... Funny or sad?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CTJetFan92 View Post
    Funny that us jets fans are resorting to mocking the buffalo bills to feel good about ourselves... Funny or sad?
    Those feels, man.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    and nothing of value was lost.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    He was the defensive coordinator. The defense was pretty good overall. Especially with limited pass rush personnel. Does Rex take a lot of the credit? Sure, but if we blame people when their units don't do well, we should give them credit when they do - the defense played well, he was a funny guy on Hard Knocks....I liked him.

What do we know about what anyone does? For instance, every single one of us is waving goodbye to Cavanaugh - including myself. Do we really have any clue as to whether he was good or not? It may well be that Sanchez sucks full and complete moose c*ck and nothing anyone would do would save him. Or maybe Cavanaugh is the one who blows goats. We really don't know from behind our keyboards.
    LOL. Well worded.

I have no problem with Pettine. And I know he was the DC.

It's just that we almost never saw the guy. When Rex was first hired, we heard that he, Pettine and Thurman would brain storm before calling plays together. But little-by-little, we stopped getting this information. Right or wrong, Rex seemed to take the lion's share of the grieg/glory for the defense.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    LOL. Well worded.

I have no problem with Pettine. And I know he was the DC.

It's just that we almost never saw the guy. When Rex was first hired, we heard that he, Pettine and Thurman would brain storm before calling plays together. But little-by-little, we stopped getting this information. Right or wrong, Rex seemed to take the lion's share of the grieg/glory for the defense.
    I saw Pettine at least 2x in the heat of the sideline inferno....

Once he was 2-3 feet behind Rex and i clearly saw him mouth "Good Call Rex" as Rex sent in the defensive call....

The second time, he was again standing behind rex, and caught the corner of the clipboard to the forehead as rex threw up his hands in dissapointment during the New England "game".

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hopefully we land Gamble and he brings in Tomsula.

I am sure Thurman can handle things if that doesnt happen.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good. Everyone should go.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Am I the only person who liked Pettine? I'm not crying that he's leaving, but Rex brought in his own guy to run the defense and he did a pretty damn good job. I'm sure he'll do a decent job wherever he goes.

I'm assuming Dennis Thurmon takes over if Rex is still here.
    You might like him before but he was supposedly leaking all our private locker room gossip to the Daily News. Then when things get rough in NY, he high tails it to our rival Buffalo Bills. Obviously the Bills are going to know a few of our secret trends etc. in 2013 ie., if Rex is still head coach.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    he deserves the bills and they deserve him.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sdJETSetter View Post
    I saw Pettine at least 2x in the heat of the sideline inferno....

Once he was 2-3 feet behind Rex and i clearly saw him mouth "Good Call Rex" as Rex sent in the defensive call....

The second time, he was again standing behind rex, and caught the corner of the clipboard to the forehead as rex threw up his hands in dissapointment during the New England "game".
    Just caught your post. LOL!!

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RMJK View Post
    You might like him before but he was supposedly leaking all our private locker room gossip to the Daily News. Then when things get rough in NY, he high tails it to our rival Buffalo Bills. Obviously the Bills are going to know a few of our secret trends etc. in 2013 ie., if Rex is still head coach.
    Link?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Congratulations to Dennis Thurman on his first DC job!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    This move should be no big loss from the Jets standpoint but it is a great opportunity for Pettine. If he is as good as he thinks he is this is his chance to show it.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    So did the Jets grant permission? Also when does Pettine's contract expire?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Link?
    His phone was tapped. I thought we all knew about this

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Am I the only person who liked Pettine? I'm not crying that he's leaving, but Rex brought in his own guy to run the defense and he did a pretty damn good job. I'm sure he'll do a decent job wherever he goes.

I'm assuming Dennis Thurmon takes over if Rex is still here.
    By many accounts, Pettine was a blabbermouth and therefore was unloyal. I don't care how good of a DC he was. He is a traitor and should be shown the door.

Good riddance!

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Guitarjet View Post
    He was a puppet to Rex.... No loss here... Move on Mike good luck in Canada!
    And a puppet to Mehta, who is going into full fiction mode without his buttboy deepthroat.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    The guy will be a huge upgrade over Wahnstadt. They could do worse than having a Rex Disciple.
    I agree, but whether true or not he will always be tarnished by Francesa saying he was the leak. If that's true I'd never want anything to do with this guy/

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsNeedNewton View Post
    And a puppet to Mehta, who is going into full fiction mode without his buttboy deepthroat.
    So, you're saying that Mehta is going to be......fictional?