Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: There goes Pettine

There goes Pettine

Rich Cimini ‏@RichCimini

Confirmed that Bills have requested permission from Jets to speak with DC Mike Pettine for same position, as reported by @footballscoop.

Quote Originally Posted by yayankee View Post
    Rich Cimini ‏@RichCimini

Confirmed that Bills have requested permission from Jets to speak with DC Mike Pettine for same position, as reported by @footballscoop.
    Always nice when the turncoats join our division rivals.

Quote Originally Posted by yayankee View Post
    Rich Cimini ‏@RichCimini

Good. He needs a change of scenery. Done here.

Dang. He was so cool on Pawn Stars.

great news never liked him.

Addition by subtraction.

All League
    Good riddance.

Don't care.

No tears here.

Good. Peace, you snake.

Rookie
    He was a puppet to Rex.... No loss here... Move on Mike good luck in Canada!

My God, the Bills are going to scare people now. First, they scoop everybody and hire Marrone, and now Pettine? The road to the Super Bowl definitely goes through Orchard Park now.

Quote Originally Posted by section314 View Post
    My God, the Bills are going to scare people now. First, they scoop everybody and hire Marrone, and now Pettine? The road to the Super Bowl definitely goes through Orchard Park now.
    DYNASTY!

EDIT: Wait, you have to actually WIN the Superbowls to be a Dynasty, right? Oh, ok. Nevermind.
    Last edited by McGinley; 01-07-2013 at 05:10 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Sayonara.

Maybe he can take Scott, Pace and Eric Smith with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Guitarjet View Post
    He was a puppet to Rex.... No loss here... Move on Mike good luck in Canada!
    he was an arrogant loser jerk with a terrible personality.

The guy will be a huge upgrade over Wahnstadt. They could do worse than having a Rex Disciple.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Am I the only person who liked Pettine? I'm not crying that he's leaving, but Rex brought in his own guy to run the defense and he did a pretty damn good job. I'm sure he'll do a decent job wherever he goes.

I'm assuming Dennis Thurmon takes over if Rex is still here.

Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    Am I the only person who liked Pettine? I'm not crying that he's leaving, but Rex brought in his own guy to run the defense and he did a pretty damn good job. I'm sure he'll do a decent job wherever he goes.

I'm assuming Dennis Thurmon takes over if Rex is still here.
    Who knew what he actually did? Pettine was always cloistered away with Rex taking all the credit for the defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    Who knew what he actually did? Pettine was always cloistered away with Rex taking all the credit for the defense.
    That's what I'm thinking, too. Being a DC on a team coached by Rex is like being an OC for Peyton Manning.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Dang. He was so cool on Pawn Stars.
    this legit made me laugh out loud... love it

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    He was the defensive coordinator. The defense was pretty good overall. Especially with limited pass rush personnel. Does Rex take a lot of the credit? Sure, but if we blame people when their units don't do well, we should give them credit when they do - the defense played well, he was a funny guy on Hard Knocks....I liked him.

What do we know about what anyone does? For instance, every single one of us is waving goodbye to Cavanaugh - including myself. Do we really have any clue as to whether he was good or not? It may well be that Sanchez sucks full and complete moose c*ck and nothing anyone would do would save him. Or maybe Cavanaugh is the one who blows goats. We really don't know from behind our keyboards.