Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Manish: Cavanaugh gone

I don't think Manish had any idea there were such things as QB coaches in the NFL. How has Cavanaugh gotten a pass from the media in this whole Sanchez mess so far? Did anyone know who he was?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by LockeJET View Post
    One thing I will say about Sparano is he's a top of the line Oline coach. After being fired by the Fins and failed with the Jets maybe thats all he can get in the league right now and will except a demotion and stay on board. I would be ok with him as our Oline coach.
    IDK. It was reported that he rubbed the players the wrong way. A fresh start altogether may be best.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthTown View Post
    Question is...

Who is calling these shots? Woody?
    Bradway, and Cohen.

With Woody's and Rex's permission

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by SONNY WERBLIN View Post
    Does this really qualify as news?
    Yes,Great News!

Cavanaugh getting sh!t canned is the best news i've heard since Tanny was fired.

Too bad they waited an extra year, Sanchez might've been salvageable.

Brian Costello ‏@BrianCoz
    Confirmed that Matt Cavanaugh is out as QBs coach with Jets. His contract is up. Won't be re-signed.

Question is this: If his contract wasn't up, would he still be leaving?

Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Confirmed that Matt Cavanaugh is out as QBs coach with Jets. His contract is up. Won't be re-signed.

We'll never know

Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    We'll never know
    I'm okay with this, lol.

Veteran
    Dan Leberfeld ‏@jetswhispers
    I guess since it was Cavanaugh's fault that Sanchez played poorly this year, Sanchez should definitely be the QB in 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by Green + White View Post
    I guess since it was Cavanaugh's fault that Sanchez played poorly this year, Sanchez should definitely be the QB in 2013.
    Cav threw WAY too many interceptions. That's a FACT.

I think that they wouldn't be able to get away with that now. It's too late. If they did it last year, then they could. Not this year.

All Pro
    Nice #name.

Manish Mehta ‏@MMehtaNYDN
    Jets will not retain QBs coach Matt Cavanaugh, per source.

Manish Mehta ‏@MMehtaNYDN
    Matt Cavanaugh was informed this morning when he returned to the Jets facility that he wasn't coming back next season. #nyj
    Please, tell me again why working for the NYJ is such an appealing destination. As far as I can tell, careers die here.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Am I the only one that has a problem with Rex calling any shots on the offensive side of the ball?

Hall Of Fame
    Another coach killed by Mark Sanchez.

The fact that Cav oversaw the regression of Sanchez is one thing but the nail in the coffin was probably Tebow.

To have such a great and promising QB specimen such as Tim, and to waste his talents... well that's just unacceptable. Tebow should have easily been molded into a top tier elite QB this year. I mean he beat Pitt in the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    Am I the only one that has a problem with Rex calling any shots on the offensive side of the ball?
    I think we all agree that the head buffoon knows nothing about the offensive side of the ball. His knowledge about offense extends to knowing the football is filled with air and not feathers and that is about it.

Quote Originally Posted by SONNY WERBLIN View Post
    Does this really qualify as news?
    For the Jets, it sure does.

Most organizations would never had entrusted a highly touted QB, whom they spent a lot of money on, to someone who had zero success as a QB coach. But he was Rex Ryan's friend so of course he was qualified .

It's only news because of the sheer ineptitude of the franchise.

Jets Insider VIP
    If Sanchez QBs in 2013, I want the OC to teach Sanchez how to throw a ball with a touch on it as in screen pass. I want them to hire a bunch of guys 6'7 and rush him constantly in practice until he can throw a pass that doesn't get batted down.

Cavanaugh was not capable of making Sanchez into a composed QB while the RT situation was unstable. I don't think Sanchez was ever the same after JJ Watt got his hands on him.

Undrafted Free Agent

I hear you but at the end of the day ...... Gone is Gone, lets just be thankful....