Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Manish: Cavanaugh gone

Quote Originally Posted by HuntinJet View Post
    I hear you but at the end of the day ...... Gone is Gone, lets just be thankful....
    Word.

Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Those who can do to teach those who can't do what they're taught and -oh dear, I've gone cross-eyed...
    EXACTLY. Pennington would be an excellent choice. If he has Nfl coaching aspirations in the future, this position would be an excellent place to start. Having had experience in the NY media market, intangibles, good mechanics and accuracy etc he would be a perfect choice to mentor Mark.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by HuntinJet View Post
    I hear you but at the end of the day ...... Gone is Gone, lets just be thankful....
    THIS.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by FijiJet View Post
    EXACTLY. Pennington would be an excellent choice. If he has Nfl coaching aspirations in the future, this position would be an excellent place to start. Having had experience in the NY media market, intangibles, good mechanics and accuracy etc he would be a perfect choice to mentor Mark.
    LOL. Ah yes. Memories...

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by BamaJets View Post
    I don't think Manish had any idea there were such things as QB coaches in the NFL. How has Cavanaugh gotten a pass from the media in this whole Sanchez mess so far? Did anyone know who he was?
    I guess it pays to keep a low profile and not actually do anything - then you can't get blamed. I kept a Cavanaugh sighting watch - never happened.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GkgWwrPHHcg

Sanchez should sue this turd for malpractice.

Fina ****ing ly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    Am I the only one that has a problem with Rex calling any shots on the offensive side of the ball?
    What makes you think Rex is calling the shots?

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    What makes you think Rex is calling the shots?
    Rex is the HC and he's responsible for both; they go over the game plan each week and he gives an input on O and D. Usually the HC doesn't get into the minutia of each play.

Rex said that him and Sparano agreed to give Tebow the third series in one of the last games (Tenn I believe ).

I agree that Rex's input on O should be minimized.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by RMJK View Post
    Rex is the HC and he's responsible for both; they go over the game plan each week and he gives an input on O and D. Usually the HC doesn't get into the minutia of each play.

Rex said that him and Sparano agreed to give Tebow the third series in one of the last games (Tenn I believe ).

I agree that Rex's input on O should be minimized.
    I thought we were talking about Cavanaugh's firing, while Rex is in the Bahamas doing photo shoots.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by intelligentjetsfan View Post
    For the Jets, it sure does.

Most organizations would never had entrusted a highly touted QB, whom they spent a lot of money on, to someone who had zero success as a QB coach. But he was Rex Ryan's friend so of course he was qualified .

It's only news because of the sheer ineptitude of the franchise.
    THANK YOU!!!!!!!!

WHY DOESN'T ANYBODY ELSE SEE THIS!!!!!!

IT IS INSANITY!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by FijiJet View Post
    Reminds me of the late, great Mitch Hedberg.

"So you're a chef... can you farm?"

I'm sure it's possible that Chad could be a good coach. It's also entirely possible that he could be a terrible coach. The intelligence and intangibles of playing don't always translate to coaching.

Let him take a flyer somewhere else. We need an experienced, proven QB coach.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    I thought we were talking about Cavanaugh's firing, while Rex is in the Bahamas doing photo shoots.
    my bad

All Pro
    Other than in 1996 when he was the QB Coach for the 49ers (Steve Young got a QB Rating of 97.2), the highest QB Rating ANY QB has ever gotten under him while he was the QB Coach or OC is Erik Kramer with an 83.1 in 1998. He's terrible.

All League
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by JetItalia View Post
    does it take a rocket scientist to realize that this job is tailor-made for chad pennington? can somebody pull him from wherever he is and have him be the next QBs coach? would be a great fit for Sanchez, who he already is close with....and chad is as smart as they come.
    No F'ing way. No Chad Pennington. The last thing we need is another QB coach & another offensive coordinator who preaches conservative play to the point it ruins a QB's confidence.

I don't want another QB on this team who is so afraid of making mistakes he becomes too tentative and plays check down football all day long.

No thank you....pass.