Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kraft and Pats favored again

Kraft and Pats favored again

It's the little things that count. Falcons, the #1 seed in NFC, play sunday. The Broncos, #1 AFC seed, play saturday, while the Patriots,#2, get extra day. Why? With Niners/Packers on Fox at 8;30 Saturday, no reason Pats/Texans couldn't have been Saturday at 4:30. If I'm the Broncos, I'm furious. Kraft gets whatever he wants.

Quote Originally Posted by section314 View Post
    It's the little things that count. Falcons, the #1 seed in NFC, play sunday. The Broncos, #1 AFC seed, play saturday, while the Patriots,#2, get extra day. Why? With Niners/Packers on Fox at 8;30 Saturday, no reason Pats/Texans couldn't have been Saturday at 4:30. If I'm the Broncos, I'm furious. Kraft gets whatever he wants.
    I don't like the Patriots, but this is absolutely ridiculous.
    Let's say the Broncos win and the Patriots win.
    Patriots have to fly to Denver while Denver gets an extra day of rest.

Stop it.

D.U.M.P

Practice Squad
    I thought the #1 seeds got to choose when they play, and generally choose the earlier day to reduce prep time for the other team. Does anyone know how the schedule is made?

Situation:

The Broncos play the Ravens on Saturday, after Baltimore played yesterday (Sunday), meaning the Ravens are playing on the road 6 days after their game.

The Patriots play the Texans who on Sunday, after Houston played Saturday, meaning the Texans are playing on the road 8 days after their wild card game.

Conclusion:

The league is, yet again favoring the Patriots, by allowing them to play a team that's playing on only 8 days rest, whereas Denver is forced to play a team that is on 6 days rest.

Brilliant. When does your Mensa membership expire?

Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    I don't like the Patriots, but this is absolutely ridiculous.
    Let's say the Broncos win and the Patriots win.
    Patriots have to fly to Denver while Denver gets an extra day of rest.

Stop it.

D.U.M.P
    You didn't answer the question. If Patriots were #1 seed, no chance in hell they are playing on Saturday. You know it and I know it.

You didn't answer the question. If Patriots were #1 seed, no chance in hell they are playing on Saturday. You know it and I know it.
    It doesn't matter when they play. AT ALL.

My guess? The NFL wants Peyton Manning against Ray Lewis in prime time.

It's all about ratings.

Sometimes its better to be seen but not heard

Only one problem with this brilliant piece of detective work.

The 1 seed plays on Saturday every other year.

It rotates every year so that the team that played in that seed on Saturday, plays on Sunday the next year.

Yes, Kraft bribed the NFL years before he was even an owner, knowing that someday, this would come in handy.

Brilliant !!!!!!
    Last edited by CleatMarks; 01-07-2013 at 06:41 PM.

Unless of course it was an even year season such as 2010, 2008, 2006, etc.

You have discovered gold my friend
    Last edited by CleatMarks; 01-07-2013 at 06:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CleatMarks View Post
    Only one problem with this brilliant piece of detective work.

The 1 seed plays on Saturday every other year.

It rotates every year so that the team that played in that seed on Saturday, plays on Sunday the next year.

Yes, Kraft bribed the NFL years before he was even an owner, knowing that someday, this would come in handy.

Brilliant !!!!!!
    Thank you for correcting that silly idea. I apologize for being the only one on this board who ever posted something idiotic. On to the next one.

Denver's defense will be better than New England's defense. Here's to an epic AFC Championship with New England going down in a game with near 80 points on the board.

I'm taking Denver to lose to San Fran in the Super Bowl, though.

All Pro

It's all about ratings.
    I agree about it being all about ratings but not Ravens being any draw or even Ray Lewis. What is with that moronic dance he does that makes it look like his feet are in concrete (as they should be)? And given that Rex coached this thuggish felon and how he is hailed all over as a hero, it is laughable that anyone would think the Jets would have had a problem with Braylon's legal 'skirmishes'. And who wants to watch Joe Flacco laconically strolling about the field like a 6 ft shambling burrito? (for those unfamiliar that's a National Lampoon reference). Not me - he makes me want to shove my finger down my throat, every year in the playoffs and can't get the job done.
    Last edited by Vinny Testaverde's Niece; 01-07-2013 at 07:27 PM.

It's all about ratings.

Ech, Flacco vs. Brady????

BLECH.

Flacco is awful. In fact, that game against Indy, the Baltimore vs. Cinci game, and the Green Bay vs. Minnesota game were all just absolutely putrid football games.

I'm thoroughly expecting more Minor league vs. Major league football tonight as Alabama just absolutely destroys Notre Dame.

Two different levels of football. Reminds me of watching Dallas or San Fran in the late 80's, early 90's against pretty much everybody. It was just brutal mismatching.

I was outraged.

Now?

Not so much.

Jets Insider VIP
    This is good for the Broncos. The Patriots will be the absolute LAST playoff team to play a game since the playoffs started. In fact, Baltimore, Seattle, and Green Bay will have all played 2 playoff games this year before the Pats play their first. Sure, rest can be good but the Pats will now have to rev it up after a long layoff and they'll get squeezed having less rest before the AFC Championship Game no matter who they play. The scheduling is a non-issue in my opinion.

Doesn't this schedule favor Denver, not the Pats.

Someone already pointed out the fact they are facing a more rested opponent than the Broncos, but that was partially because of what teams won this weekend.

Where the Broncos get the real advantage is in the Championship weekend. Really losing one day after the bye is nothing, but if they are hosting the AFC Championship game they get an extra day to rest and prepare for either the Pats and Texans who have to travel to Denver. That is a far bigger advantage than the Pats are getting this weekend.

Do you guys really manufacturer controversies involving the Patriots? The schedules were set well in advance of the league knowing who would be the #1 or #2 seed in the conference.

Naaaa. This is the best scenario for the Texans. They just played. They get the xtra days rest. The Pats already been off for a week. They've had plenty of rest. Another day means nothing to them. Then if the Broncos and Pats both win the Broncos will have the xtra days rest and you know if they win they will be sitting around watching the Pats play on Sunday. I think this is the best case scenario for a possible Pats loss. I'm hopeful anyway.

It's a nominal disadvantage to play on Saturday. The difference between 13 days and 14 days is a lot smaller than the difference between 7 days and 8 days.