View Poll Results: Who do you want to win?

Voters
45. You may not vote on this poll
  • Go Irish

14 31.11%
  • Roll Tide

31 68.89%
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: BCS Championship: Who are you rooting for?

Bleacher Report comapared him to Andy Dalton and said that he is a third round pick at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    I have no idea. I dont think he has any plans of coming out.
    Things change. Sanchez left early because he saw an opportunity in a weak QB class. If McCarron's stock is hot, it wouldn't surprise me.

Hall Of Fame
    He might be playing himself into the second round tonight

McCarron can definitely be a franchise QB in the NFL. He can make the throws (accurately, at that), he's got the smarts and he just has that coolness factor on the field (and a smoking hot girl ... telling you guys, girls in Alabama are hot). He never looks rushed or tight out there.

All League
    Charter JI Member

Shouldn't Urban Meyer be home with his family?

Quote Originally Posted by BamaJets View Post
    McCarron can definitely be a franchise QB in the NFL. He can make the throws (accurately, at that), he's got the smarts and he just has that coolness factor on the field (and a smoking hot girl ... telling you guys, girls in Alabama are hot). He never looks rushed or tight out there.
    Cus he has a fargin wall in front of him.

Quote Originally Posted by detectivekimble View Post
    McShay says he could be a first round pick in 2014. That doesn't sound like a marginal prospect.
    Bama's a run-first team. Their offense isn't centered around McCarron. Any solid QB would look good playing behind their line and with their running game. This is the same type of thinking that leads teams to take guys like Mark Sanchez with the 5th pick. I want a guy who carries his team in college, who slings the ball all over the place. Not a game manager

Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    Bleacher Report comapared him to Andy Dalton and said that he is a third round pick at the moment.
    Exactly. He is not a special talent at all. People do not realize that any QB would look good behind that line and with that running game

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    Cus he has a fargin wall in front of him.
    Warmack or Jones in first.

Lacey in second.

McCarron in third.

Veteran
    Plus his girlfriend is sick!!!

Lacey in second.

McCarron in third.
    Now Lacy I would like definitely if there in the 2nd round. He reminds me of Marshawn Lynch a little bit

A QB that I would like the Jets to draft late if he comes out is David Fales from San Jose State. The nation's most accurate passer. He has been compared to Chad Pennington before injury and he may have a stronger arm.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    Now Lacy I would like definitely if there in the 2nd round. He reminds me of Marshawn Lynch a little bit
    That is actually a nice comparison.

Maybe a little Michael Turner too.

Bama's a run-first team. Their offense isn't centered around McCarron. Any solid QB would look good playing behind their line and with their running game. This is the same type of thinking that leads teams to take guys like Mark Sanchez with the 5th pick. I want a guy who carries his team in college, who slings the ball all over the place. Not a game manager
    The guy definitely has next level potential. You NEVER thought that when you watched McElroy play for Alabama. McElroy was a game manager with glaring warts. McCarron is definitely much more than McElroy.

Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    I blame Stanford for beating Oregon and LSU/Florida for beating A&M
    And Ohio State for being on probation.

Lacey in second.

McCarron in third.
    That works.

He averaged more than 2 TDs per game. Yes, Alabama has a great running game, but McCarron has no Julio Jones to throw to. Amari Cooper is a freshman. Kenny bell and Norwood are juniors. Jones is a sophomore. and he had 26 TD passes (a school record) with them. that's more than a game manager.

Roll Tide.

Remember that thread I made about Nick Saban for NYJ head coach? Anyone second guessing their responses yet?

Hall Of Fame
    Dix is a nice looking safety. He has a lot of range. Would make a nice center fielder. Only a soph.

All League
    Charter JI Member

That was a great INT.