View Poll Results: Who do you want to win?

Voters
45. You may not vote on this poll
  • Go Irish

    14 31.11%
  • Roll Tide

    31 68.89%
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
Results 161 to 170 of 170

Thread: BCS Championship: Who are you rooting for?

  1. #161
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    849
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hey how did the Lsu vs Clemson game or the Lousville vs Florida game go.That's 2 out of your 3 most prominant sec programs right now.I am saying great coaches and teams outdo conference respresentation.Sec is rolling right now,but all dynasties end.Remember when big 10 dominated and sec was a rag doll?

  2. #162
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    849
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sec folks are too full of themselves.

  3. #163
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    1,001
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CookieMonsta View Post
    Hey how did the Lsu vs Clemson game or the Lousville vs Florida game go.That's 2 out of your 3 most prominant sec programs right now.I am saying great coaches and teams outdo conference respresentation.Sec is rolling right now,but all dynasties end.Remember when big 10 dominated and sec was a rag doll?
    Clemson is a pretty good team, that had a great game-plan and took advantage of LSU's lack of depth. They still barely pulled it off. I was shocked Florida went down, that kid from Lousville is for real.

    Still. I think you're being a little stingy with your "prominent sec team" sample size. South Carolina, Georgia, and Texas A&M were all top 10 teams too.

  4. #164
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    849
    Post Thanks / Like
    Lets take it from a big 10 prospective.Nebraska was in the game for most of it vs Georgia.Michigan could have easily beat South Carolina,too bad Clowney comes once in a blue moon in reality.Wisconsin played a well fought game vs Stanford.Mich st beat tcu.Northwestern beat Miss st.That's with our 2 best schools penn st and ohio st on probation.Penn st is on probation for good reason though and they shouldn't complain.Ohio st is on probation for tattoos it's laughable.

  5. #165
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    849
    Post Thanks / Like
    This was considered the worst big 10 in history,and we competed with the sec teams in all 3 games,with 1 victory.We are not as far away as people think.

  6. #166
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ (Jets Stadium Section 246)
    Posts
    35,659
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CookieMonsta View Post
    Sec folks are too full of themselves.
    Probably, but the SEC is full of National Championships. They're on a run like the NFC was in the 1980's and 90's in the Super Bowl when it was all 49ers, Cowboys, etc.

  7. #167
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    1,001
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CookieMonsta View Post
    This was considered the worst big 10 in history,and we competed with the sec teams in all 3 games,with 1 victory.We are not as far away as people think.
    I agree that the Big10 came out of bowl season looking more competitive than they were given credit for. I still think the SEC is rightly considered the dominant conference in football though.

  8. #168
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    6,913
    Post Thanks / Like
    McCarron's mom

  9. #169
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    6,374
    Post Thanks / Like
    The SEC is the best conference, but it's not miles ahead of the next tier of conferences (Big10/12/Pac12). The team that makes it through is almost always the best team though.

    The 2nd tier of SEC schools are incredibly overrated. It's hard to get a read on them because they don't play enough out of conference games, especially not on the road. Almost the entire SEC goes with an 8 home, 4 away or 7 home, 4 away, 1 neutral site schedule. Then almost all of the bowl games are played in their backyard.

    The fans of the 9-3/8-4 caliber SEC school look at the close game they had with one of the truly great SEC teams and assume they'd stomp the best teams from the other conferences when that truly great team goes on to win the championship. Completely ignoring the fact that their familiarity with Alabama/LSU/Florida helps to keep those games close (just like divisional matchups in the NFL).

    This game tonight, I knew was going to be a blowout. Anyone that watched Notre Dame this year (and wasn't a ND fan) knew what was coming. They were a 9 win team that got very lucky. Great teams blow people out, and the only teams Notre Dame destroyed were Navy, Wake Forrest, and Miami. After they escaped the BYU game I starting dreading the possibility of them winding up in the NC. USC would have spared us this matchup if Barkley hadn't been injured.

  10. #170
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    1,001
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JB1089 View Post
    The SEC is the best conference, but it's not miles ahead of the next tier of conferences (Big10/12/Pac12). The team that makes it through is almost always the best team though.

    The 2nd tier of SEC schools are incredibly overrated. It's hard to get a read on them because they don't play enough out of conference games, especially not on the road. Almost the entire SEC goes with an 8 home, 4 away or 7 home, 4 away, 1 neutral site schedule. Then almost all of the bowl games are played in their backyard.

    The fans of the 9-3/8-4 caliber SEC school look at the close game they had with one of the truly great SEC teams and assume they'd stomp the best teams from the other conferences when that truly great team goes on to win the championship. Completely ignoring the fact that their familiarity with Alabama/LSU/Florida helps to keep those games close (just like divisional matchups in the NFL).

    This game tonight, I knew was going to be a blowout. Anyone that watched Notre Dame this year (and wasn't a ND fan) knew what was coming. They were a 9 win team that got very lucky. Great teams blow people out, and the only teams Notre Dame destroyed were Navy, Wake Forrest, and Miami. After they escaped the BYU game I starting dreading the possibility of them winding up in the NC. USC would have spared us this matchup if Barkley hadn't been injured.

    Yeah, but you're matching up the best team a conference has to offer with #2-5 in SEC, a lot of the time. Also, A&M beat 'bama.. and there was no conference familiarity there. Georgia was about 5 yards from beating them and hasn't played them since '08. I'll give you LSU as a "familiarity" game.


    *edit* and if ND hadn't beaten USC you'd be watching 2 SEC teams playing for the NC again.
    Last edited by Axil; 01-08-2013 at 12:22 AM.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us