Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!

Thread: AJ McCarron - 2014 Draft

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

AJ McCarron - 2014 Draft

He looks like a good player with really good deep ball accuracy. I know we will probably draft a QB this year but I gotta tell ya, If theres any chance of trading Revis for a couple of #2's or say a #2 and a #3 in the 2014 Draft, you could have some much needed ammo to trade up for a QB should we fall in the middle of the pack in next years draft.

Not saying he's the best QB in next years draft but he's going to go in the first round from what I saw this season. Saban advised him to stay 1 more year and he is..maybe next year for the Jets. Wouldn't it be something if Rex gets let go next year b/c everyone knows we won't do well this season with this limited roster and cap and somehow Woody convinces Saban to come here for a boat load of money along with McCarron? Interesting...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I can't get over his terrible tattoo

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Same thread is on the draft site

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    http://blogs.tennesseevalleynow.com/...-tide-players/

McShay talks about McCarron and RB Lacy who I like a lot as a 3rd or 4th round pick.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    McCarron has that Tom Brady look of confidence and determination. He will be a big time winner in the NFL. I would become the Colts of 2011 and win 2 games but have our pick of the litter next draft. I love his calmness, pocket presense and he has some height. He's the next Andrew Luck. Tank and take McCarron next draft and the Jets would be good for 10 years straight. McCarron is no Sanchez.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    He was throwing to wide open receivers all night. I would give more credit to ND's terrible defensive play than McCarron. If you want "Tom Brady confidence and determination", watch Teddy Bridgewater.

And why would anyone want Saban to be their HC after what happened in Miami?
    Last edited by bobby2times; 01-08-2013 at 04:31 AM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Be careful judging him off just this game. The talent advantage he had was as big as the Mount Everest. He was playing with men against a roster of mainly college kids. Every receiver was wide open, his OLine gave him days to pass and the run game got 10 yards a rush. Against Georgia in the SECCG he looked much worse while being pressured in the pocket and faced with more speed and size on D. And that was still with his running game raging for 300+ yards.

That doesnt mean he cant develop but he is nowhere near an elite prospect right now. Teddy Bridgewater is the man for 2014.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaming Mo View Post
    Be careful judging him off just this game. The talent advantage he had was as big as the Mount Everest. He was playing with men against a roster of mainly college kids. Every receiver was wide open, his OLine gave him days to pass and the run game got 10 yards a rush. Against Georgia in the SECCG he looked much worse while being pressured in the pocket and faced with more speed and size on D. And that was still with his running game raging for 300+ yards.

That doesnt mean he cant develop but he is nowhere near an elite prospect right now. Teddy Bridgewater is the man for 2014.
    Good Post

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeJam Football View Post
    McCarron has that Tom Brady look of confidence and determination. He will be a big time winner in the NFL. I would become the Colts of 2011 and win 2 games but have our pick of the litter next draft. I love his calmness, pocket presense and he has some height. He's the next Andrew Luck. Tank and take McCarron next draft and the Jets would be good for 10 years straight. McCarron is no Sanchez.
    McElroy had that same look and confidence. Its easy to stand tall in the pocket when you have 3 1st round picks on the OL and playing against inferior competition.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    McElroy had that same look and confidence. Its easy to stand tall in the pocket when you have 3 1st round picks on the OL and playing against inferior competition.
    Yep. Was going to post he's a glorified McElroy.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    In McElroy's 2010 nat championship season he had Ingram, Richardson, also an awesome OL and some fellow named Julio Jones. McCarron this season also had a great line and running game, but was throwing to a freshman (albeit, a great one) and a couple of juniors (bell and norwood) without much experience at all. still had 26 TD passes, a school record. McCarron has the better arm and that extra on-field coolness.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Has McCarron ever been pressured? I feel like no.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    hes a complete tool. no thanks!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bobby2times View Post
    He was throwing to wide open receivers all night. I would give more credit to ND's terrible defensive play than McCarron. If you want "Tom Brady confidence and determination", watch Teddy Bridgewater.

And why would anyone want Saban to be their HC after what happened in Miami?
    Teddy Bridgewater is the MAN.

Forget McCarron, forget Johnny Football.

Teddy Bridgewater is the real deal.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by freestater View Post
    Teddy Bridgewater is the MAN.

Forget McCarron, forget Johnny Football.

Teddy Bridgewater is the real deal.
    im for bridewater next year. But I also really love Aaron Murray. I felt like he was ready this year but with another year under his belt he could be a great quarterback.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaming Mo View Post

Finally some common sense. I think McCarron may have a tough adjustment to the NFL. Suddenly he may not have best o-line, best run game, wide open receivers, etc. How is he going to handle being on a bad team or having to carry a team? That said, he has some nice tools, but it's a bit tough to evaluate him when he is on the right side of mismatches so often

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    Finally some common sense. I think McCarron may have a tough adjustment to the NFL. Suddenly he may not have best o-line, best run game, wide open receivers, etc. How is he going to handle being on a bad team or having to carry a team? That said, he has some nice tools, but it's a bit tough to evaluate him when he is on the right side of mismatches so often
    I think AJ really helped his stock last night, I was thinking if he put up another good year next year he was going to be a mid round pick (4,5,6). However playing great in a bowl game helps tremendously and if he has another successful year he might actually slip into the 2nd round. Still, I would not take him.

I've expressed my admiration for Aaron Murray and Teddy. Both are great.
    Last edited by N Y J; 01-08-2013 at 10:10 AM.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    He was out there playing Madden, he is not a NFL QB, get these thoughts out of your head he's not even a project, he was playing a college team with an NFL roster, not even joking that offensive line may have had 3 future all-pro linemen. He had 3 RB's that are NFL caliber and since ND was so worried about the run he had wide open guys all over the field, we need a QB that is the only thing we need, suck it up this year, sign a stop gap QB and hopefully we can grab one of the good QB's coming out next year.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    Gents - there is the same discussion going on in the draft forum. Please use that thread.

Thanks.