Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 167

Thread: 1.8.13 Tweets, News and Updates

  1. #81
    Jake Steinberg ‏@Steiny31
    Gamble was the #1 choice before his interview. However, Gamble blew his interview and was not impressive. Caldwell, however, killed it. #nyj

  2. #82
    All League
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Gainesville, FL
    Posts
    4,305
    Quote Originally Posted by crossfire View Post
    Fixed

    El Oh El

  3. #83
    Rich Cimini ‏@RichCimini
    David Caldwell (Falcons) on his way to Florham Park for a second interview. He was a "darkhorse" candidate, as reported Sunday. #Jets


    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_5oE0ijhKg

    WE CALDWELL DARKHORSE NATION NOW!

  4. #84
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Jake Steinberg ‏@Steiny31
    Gamble was the #1 choice before his interview. However, Gamble blew his interview and was not impressive. Caldwell, however, killed it. #nyj
    I don't like this too much. Who cares about an interview. I want the best talent evaluator not the best shmoozer.

  5. #85
    @NFL_ATL: Steve Keim in negotiations to become Cardinals GM, per @AlbertBreer http://t.co/CvwQVhYH

  6. #86
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Rich Cimini ‏@RichCimini
    David Caldwell (Falcons) on his way to Florham Park for a second interview. He was a "darkhorse" candidate, as reported Sunday. #Jets
    !
    Dark horse per the media clowns

  7. #87
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    @NFL_ATL: Steve Keim in negotiations to become Cardinals GM, per @AlbertBreer http://t.co/CvwQVhYH
    Well that means Caldwell's going to have to make a choice. Apparently Jacksonville is not showing him the money.

  8. #88
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    20,139
    Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    I don't like this too much. Who cares about an interview. I want the best talent evaluator not the best shmoozer.
    Falcons have done well in the draft too. They also have built an offense, something we need to do.

    SF is like the Jets, only way better. I think Woody wants to move away from the defensive oriented team. I think he wants the Jets to become QB-centric.

    I'd be OK with either one.

  9. #89
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Mendham, NJ
    Posts
    13,515
    Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    I don't like this too much. Who cares about an interview. I want the best talent evaluator not the best shmoozer.
    Or Gamble said he didnt want to inherit Rex and that is why the interview "didnt go well".

  10. #90
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Or Gamble said he didnt want to inherit Rex and that is why the interview "didnt go well".
    No, the media would have immediately latched onto that concept if it was true.

  11. #91
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    20,139
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Or Gamble said he didnt want to inherit Rex and that is why the interview "didnt go well".
    I am sure we will find out what happens. One thing our trash reporters are good for is getting the dirt.

  12. #92
    Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    I don't like this too much. Who cares about an interview. I want the best talent evaluator not the best shmoozer.
    Do you think its at all possible that the candidates had to present a plan to "fix" the team as well as a long term outlook and philosophy and Gambles wasnt as good as Caldwells?

    Why do you assume this was about schmoozing?

  13. #93
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Thornwood, NY
    Posts
    5,641
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    I am sure we will find out what happens. One thing our trash reporters are good for is getting the dirt.
    Except if they can't 'get' it, they will make it up and see if it sticks. So basically, they are the NFL equivalent of the Enquirer. Not really adding value.

  14. #94
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    19,299
    Wasn't sure where to put this, but the Tweeter thread seemed as good as any.....I was curious to see if Jim Caldwell was ever an OC, so I went to Wikipedia to look, and this was listed there....

    Family

    Caldwell and his wife, Cheryl, have four children: Jimmy, Jermaine, Jared and Natalie.[6] On December 26th, Jim and Cheryl announced that their fifth child, Dante, was expected for early April. Gary Kubiak has confirmed that he intends to steal the child and raise it as his own.
    Gotta love Wikipedia!

  15. #95
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    SoFla
    Posts
    18,326
    TO hear Woody tell it, it's not going to be Cohen.

  16. #96
    Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    TO hear Woody tell it, it's not going to be Cohen.
    Agreed. Cohen is just a formality. He's not going to be our GM.

  17. #97
    All League
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Fishers, Indiana
    Posts
    4,029
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    I am sure we will find out what happens. One thing our trash reporters are good for is making up the dirt.
    Fixed

  18. #98
    Albert Breer ‏@AlbertBreer
    Just my opinion, but hearing Rex Ryan describe what he wants in an OC made me think of Hue Jackson. Those 2 worked together in Baltimore.
    Well this would suck..

  19. #99
    Quote Originally Posted by MDL_JET View Post
    Albert Breer ‏@AlbertBreer


    Well this would suck..
    Not really. When he was the OC of the Raiders in 2010, they became 6th in scoring in the NFL and 10th in total offense.

  20. #100
    And people who are worried about Scott Cohen....

    Why would Woody Johnson go to the trouble of hiring an outside firm to help him look for a new GM just to want to hire an internal candidate?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us