Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: 1.8.13 Tweets, News and Updates

Schluberator & Gadfly
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan920 View Post
    I love Thurman. One move I actually like.
    +1

I liked him as a player, and I think he's a much better coach.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    NFL: AroundTheLeague ‏@NFL_ATL
    Cowboys-Stars twitter beef has a Romo casualty. http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...gn=Twitter_atl

OWNED.
    Lolll boom roasted, Cowgirls.

Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora
    With SF's Tom Gamble's star not as bright with the Jets right now, hearing NYJ assistant GM Scott Cohen gaining support.

Heard the Browns were keeping an eye on Scott Cohen as well for their ongoing GM search

Veteran
    With SF's Tom Gamble's star not as bright with the Jets right now, hearing NYJ assistant GM Scott Cohen gaining support.
    Huh? What the hell happened in the last few hours? Based on reports he hit a home run at his interview and now he isn't there guy? This is curious..

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Brian Costello ‏@BrianCoz
    Rex says on ESPN Radio his involvement in GM search will be "late in the process."

Seth Walder ‏@SethWalderNYDN
    Rex on GM search: "I think my involvement will be late in the process." Said he hasn't been involved yet. #nyj

Rex says on ESPN Radio his involvement in GM search will be "late in the process."

Rex on GM search: "I think my involvement will be late in the process." Said he hasn't been involved yet. #nyj
    Unless he's lying, that changes things slightly

Jets Insider VIP

In other words, when the Jets are ready to offer someone the GM job Rex will be brought into the room, being told, "Rex, this is who we're going to hire as GM. You can work with him, right?" as the new GM holds a pen over the contract.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    In other words, when the Jets are ready to offer someone the GM job Rex will be brought into the room, being told, "Rex, this is who we're going to hire as GM. You can work with him, right?" as the new GM holds a pen over the contract.
    Exactly. The "Rex Controls the Team!" meme is vastly over-stated.

Conor Orr ‏@ConorTOrr
    "I think I've held this franchise back,"Ryan said of last 2 years on ESPN Radio. #nyj #jets

SAR just possessed Rex.

Conor Orr ‏@ConorTOrr
    Ryan said that the insistence on ground and pound held the program back. #nyj #Jets

Conor Orr ‏@ConorTOrr
    "I think I've held this franchise back,"Ryan said of last 2 years on ESPN Radio. #nyj #jets

SAR just possessed Rex.
    He's just speaking in terms of the offense.

Rex's defense is the only reason why the Jets were a stone's throw from the super bowl for two years in a row.

Rex still won't say who wanted Tebow. "I don't think it's right to point blame." #nyj

Translation: "It was Woody, but I don't wanna throw him under the bus"

Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan1983 View Post
    He's just speaking in terms of the offense.

Rex's defense is the only reason why the Jets were a stone's throw from the super bowl for two years in a row.
    Well it should be. All the money, FA, and most of the draft is aimed toward bettering his side of the ball. The other side gets the scraps. He better realize he needs more offensive talent or he will be fired.

Conor Orr ‏@ConorTOrr
    "I believe that (leaks) will not be an issue next year," Ryan said. Said he can't peg it to one person. Won't address it. #nyj

Hall Of Fame
    Conor Orr ‏@ConorTOrr
    "I believe that (leaks) will not be an issue next year," Ryan said. Said he can't peg it to one person. Won't address it. #nyj

Conor Orr ‏@ConorTOrr
    Rex Ryan said Pettine was "certainly not fired" and said that he wanted to pursue other opportunities. #nyj #jets

Rex won't reveal his sensei. "He doesn't want to be linked to this season." #nyj

Conor Orr ‏@ConorTOrr
    Rex still speaks with Tannenbaum "every day." added: "We formed a special bond." #nyj #jets

Schluberator & Gadfly

Yeah, fetching coffee for the new GM.

Hall Of Fame
    Conor Orr ‏@ConorTOrr
    Rex still speaks with Tannenbaum "every day." added: "We formed a special bond." #nyj #jets
    Thats because Tanny hasnt made a decision on his own in 4 years. Must be hard to function without Rex now.