Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
Results 141 to 160 of 167

Thread: 1.8.13 Tweets, News and Updates

  1. #141
    Schluberator & Gadfly
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    26,111
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Conor Orr ‏@ConorTOrr
    Rex still speaks with Tannenbaum "every day." added: "We formed a special bond." #nyj #jets
    Maybe they're "sole mates".

  2. #142
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,529
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by chesapeakejet View Post
    Yeah, fetching coffee for the new GM.
    Vice versa.

  3. #143
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    14,819
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    Vice versa.
    This. Much like Pettine, the GM position is just a glorified prop for Rex to use in his act.

  4. #144
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    11,638
    Post Thanks / Like
    The other option is of course that all this Cohen talk is being used as leverage by the Jets.

  5. #145
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    14,819
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    The other option is of course that all this Cohen talk is being used as leverage by the Jets.
    I want to believe that. I really, really do.

  6. #146
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    11,638
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    I want to believe that. I really, really do.
    This could come down to whether Caldwell chooses Jacksonville or New York. If Jacksonville is not willing to get in a bidding war for Caldwell, then we hire Caldwell.

  7. #147
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Ormond Beach, Florida
    Posts
    12,694
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    The other option is of course that all this Cohen talk is being used as leverage by the Jets.
    It is now a strong rumor all over SIRIUS radio. Cohen has apparently gained a lot of support in Jetland with WRECKS & WOODY.

  8. #148
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    14,819
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    This could come down to whether Caldwell chooses Jacksonville or New York. If Jacksonville is not willing to get in a bidding war for Caldwell, then we hire Caldwell.
    I could see us winning that war since Woody isn't cheap. Dunno about Khan, though.

  9. #149
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Ormond Beach, Florida
    Posts
    12,694
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    This. Much like Pettine, the GM position is just a glorified prop for Rex to use in his act.
    Agreed and the circus act will continue for as long as Woody & Wrecks are holding hands! Its really sickening!

  10. #150
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Ormond Beach, Florida
    Posts
    12,694
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    I could see us winning that war since Woody isn't cheap. Dunno about Khan, though.
    They are reporting in Jax. that the Jags are having problems signing Caldwell over money issues.

  11. #151
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    14,819
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    They are reporting in Jax. that the Jags are having problems signing Caldwell over money issues.
    Then it should be no problem getting him if he's willing to come here (like he seems to be). It's just a matter of Woody not going full derp and hiring in-house.

  12. #152
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    11,638
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Then it should be no problem getting him if he's willing to come here (like he seems to be). It's just a matter of Woody not going full derp and hiring in-house.
    And that will determine whether the hiring of a firm was strictly for PR or actually going about the task of hiring a GM.

  13. #153
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    14,819
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    And that will determine whether the hiring of a firm was strictly for PR or actually going about the task of hiring a GM.
    I hope it's not just some PR bs. Wouldn't surprise me, though.

  14. #154
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Hauppauge, New York
    Posts
    1,510
    Post Thanks / Like
    Caldwell is here now. If he's your man, you don't let him leave without signing a contract. How many interviews do you need? If he gets on the plane without signing, he's done.

  15. #155
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    11,638
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by norm428 View Post
    Caldwell is here now. If he's your man, you don't let him leave without signing a contract. How many interviews do you need? If he gets on the plane without signing, he's done.
    If the Jaguars don't want to get into a bidding war over him, then we'll get him.

  16. #156
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Ormond Beach, Florida
    Posts
    12,694
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    If the Jaguars don't want to get into a bidding war over him, then we'll get him.
    That strongly seems to be the case down here. The Jags owner refuses to over-spend for anyone!

  17. #157
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Hauppauge, New York
    Posts
    1,510
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    If the Jaguars don't want to get into a bidding war over him, then we'll get him.
    There should be no bidding war. This is New York - you make him an offer he can't refuse!

  18. #158
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    22,809
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora
    Jags very likely to announce they are parting way with coach Mike Mularkey this week, with the GM search over. Still hear Greg Roman

  19. #159
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    578
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by chesapeakejet View Post
    Maybe they're "sole mates".
    "Sole" mates? as in they'll both get the boot?

  20. #160
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    22,809
    Post Thanks / Like
    Joe Person ‏@josephperson
    On Panthers GM front, Giants college scouting director Marc Ross and Montreal Alouettes GM Jim Popp both interviewed today.


    Two good candidates...

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us