Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Sparano Gone

Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    He also changed a veteran line from zone to a power blocking scheme with a RB completely unsuited to it. Just sayin, and the sticking Tebow in at the weirdest times thing.
    Yea, but it's not like we didn't know when it would happen.

> Mark hits receiver for 15 yard gain
    > Mark hits receiver for 20 yard gain to get us near the red zone
    > "Ok, Tebow time for 2 yards. LEGGO!" - Tony

Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post

^this!

it was a questionable hire right from the start...
    we need a legit OC

the list of potential OCs DOES NOT include cam

Quote Originally Posted by TheOne View Post
    ^this!

it was a questionable hire right from the start...
    we need a legit OC

the list of potential OCs DOES NOT include cam
    Can't say I know much about Cam, but I do know he has a hard-on for sticking with what's not working and ignoring what is.

they fired and him and rightfully so -guy was a terrible pick to start with-the fins offense was bad as well-lol at guys defending him

cam is not the answer-ravens could not wait to get rid of him

norv is not the answer either-have you seen the chargers offense the past few years with more talent?

Undrafted Free Agent

Because Sparano knows Sanchez throws a PICK every 3rd pass. Atleast we get to punt after Tebow comes in.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    I don't see how it can happen either unless the jets find another team with a bench player making 8.75 mill guaranteed that also needs a b/u qb. Just like St Louis did last year, you want to get rid of a guy you have to eat the contract.
    They ate almost 10 mill on Smith.
    I've posted this at least 5 times (but your post is duplicate several times over as well, so....) but if a team is willing to give Sanchez a 2 yr $6m deal, it can get done. I can forsee Sanchez taking a $2m pay cut in 2013 to GTFO of NY. He will literally breakdown if he stays here. The first incomplete pass and the crowd will rip him to shreds. The Jets trade him, get a little bit of cap relief (the $2m pay cut + whatever salary the new team will take on) move some of the big cap hit to 2013 and stomach the rest.

And to me, the perfect land place is.....The Minnesota Vikings. I've posted this before this weekend, but the VIking game this weekend highlights what I've been saying. Joe Webb sucks. He can run around a bit but he has not mastered the forward pass all that well. And Ponder will be on a short leash next year as he hasn't demonstrated that he is a "no doubter" as a starting QB.

And Sanchez would benefit hugely from a change of scenery. He knows he won't start wherever he goes but the Viking backup job is a perfect match for both. The Vikings get a a guy who has starting and playoff experience who is looking for a fresh start. They know that if they have to bench Ponder, they have a guy who's upside can be very high and might even be their future starter (who knows?). He can also mentor Ponder having been through hell and back in NY. And for Sanchez, he may very well have a chance to start if Ponder falters. Plus, he'll play in a dome, have the best RB in the league behind him and be in as small a media market as there is. The perfect setting to resurrect his career.

To me, its the perfect match. In sum.....

-Sanchez agrees to take a $2m paycut - he'll now have a salary of $6m in 2013.

-Jets convert $3m of salary into roster bonus.

-Jets trade Sanchez to Vikes for a conditional pick

-Vikings pay Sanchez $3m for the year (the remainder of his 2013 salary) or renegotiate for a 2/3yr deal - whatever they wish

-Jets shave off ~$5m in dead money (by virtue of the salary cut and Vikings picking up $3m) taking a dead money hit of $12m which they can spread - in part - over 2 years.

I'm in.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    Per Mike and mike per Mort
    Really? Don't you have something better to do than informing Jets fans about their OC? And can't bother spelling his name right? And who is 'Mike"? Couldn't you at least give some attribution?

Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    Really? Don't you have something better to do than informing Jets fans about their OC? And can't bother spelling his name right? And who is 'Mike"? Couldn't you at least give some attribution?
    Mike & Mike, as in Mike Greenberg and Mike Golic of ESPN.

#facepalm #McKaylaFace

All League
    Another victim of butt fumble Mark....somewhere Tanny is smiling.

Smile Thank You

Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    I've posted this at least 5 times (but your post is duplicate several times over as well, so....) but if a team is willing to give Sanchez a 2 yr $6m deal, it can get done. I can forsee Sanchez taking a $2m pay cut in 2013 to GTFO of NY. He will literally breakdown if he stays here. The first incomplete pass and the crowd will rip him to shreds. The Jets trade him, get a little bit of cap relief (the $2m pay cut + whatever salary the new team will take on) move some of the big cap hit to 2013 and stomach the rest.

And to me, the perfect land place is.....The Minnesota Vikings. I've posted this before this weekend, but the VIking game this weekend highlights what I've been saying. Joe Webb sucks. He can run around a bit but he has not mastered the forward pass all that well. And Ponder will be on a short leash next year as he hasn't demonstrated that he is a "no doubter" as a starting QB.

And Sanchez would benefit hugely from a change of scenery. He knows he won't start wherever he goes but the Viking backup job is a perfect match for both. The Vikings get a a guy who has starting and playoff experience who is looking for a fresh start. They know that if they have to bench Ponder, they have a guy who's upside can be very high and might even be their future starter (who knows?). He can also mentor Ponder having been through hell and back in NY. And for Sanchez, he may very well have a chance to start if Ponder falters. Plus, he'll play in a dome, have the best RB in the league behind him and be in as small a media market as there is. The perfect setting to resurrect his career.

To me, its the perfect match. In sum.....

-Sanchez agrees to take a $2m paycut - he'll now have a salary of $6m in 2013.

-Jets convert $3m of salary into roster bonus.

-Jets trade Sanchez to Vikes for a conditional pick

-Vikings pay Sanchez $3m for the year (the remainder of his 2013 salary) or renegotiate for a 2/3yr deal - whatever they wish

-Jets shave off ~$5m in dead money (by virtue of the salary cut and Vikings picking up $3m) taking a dead money hit of $12m which they can spread - in part - over 2 years.

I'm in.
    Thanks Crash, it can be done and i think it will be on the front burner for the new GM, who might now be Caldwell

Jets Insider VIP
    I agree with all but the QB part. I have an awful feeling in my stomach that Mark will be the starter on opening day.
    Ryan will be asked during the PC who is QB will be next season.

Ryan will roll up his right sleeve.

All Pro
    Can't even lie hearing this put in a good mood for today .. I didn't like this guy in Miami so glad him and his gimmick offense is gone

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by GenoT View Post
    I don't see how we keep Sanchez. We can't have him as a backup with the money he's making.If he starts and stinks it up again, then the new GM in his first year is gonna have egg on his face, not to mention having to hear about it every week his first year.
    How do they NOT keep Sanchez?

What is your solution for not keeping him? How do you make that happen?

Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    How do they NOT keep Sanchez?

What is your solution for not keeping him? How do you make that happen?
    See post 36 in this thread. I'm all in with crash's plan. 100%.

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    Looks like Gamble who was director of plaer personnel with the 49ers will eb the Jets new GM......there is NO WAY Sanchez will be the Jets starter in 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by mikekc View Post
    Do we have a GM already? then why wasn't this done last Monday.

Quote Originally Posted by buckeye View Post
    Because Sparano knows Sanchez throws a PICK every 3rd pass. Atleast we get to punt after Tebow comes in.
    Then why not just hand the ball off to one of our backs?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Quote Originally Posted by jetsfreak View Post
    Looks like Gamble who was director of plaer personnel with the 49ers will eb the Jets new GM......there is NO WAY Sanchez will be the Jets starter in 2013.
    Are you relying on something new or simply rehashing what happened over the past few days?

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfreak View Post
    Not so fast with Gamble. Woody just flew to Atlanta this morning, presumably to give a second interview to Dave Caldwell.

Gamble is likely far from a certainty at this point.

Hall Of Fame
    How inept has the Jets really been? You make it seem like they are the worse team in football after the first losing season in 5 years.....this is football....things can change real quick....they are making moves and I expect much more.

Quote Originally Posted by Braumeister View Post
    I agree, but this is the Jets. I put nothing past them.

At this point it wouldn't shock me if Woody came out today and said we're going to go with two head coaches; one for home games, and one for away games.

Hall Of Fame
    Gamble was supposed to interview with Jacksonville and cancelled

Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    Are you relying on something new or simply rehashing what happened over the past few days?