Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Sparano Gone

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    The first point is true - if the Vikings don't want Sanchez (and there are dozens of reasons why they wouldn't), its all moot. But, I think the case could be made, logically, why its a good fit. And its still a possibility even if Sanchez doesn't agree - it just costs $2m more.

I'm not sure how the Jets would be able to massage the cap hit over two years. When a player is cut, they can be designated a June 1st cut, even if the cut comes before. I'm not sure if you can do that with a trade, but I think you might be able to.
    Remember the Vikes were the place that many wanted to send Chaddy cakes some years ago.. The thing is I'm not sure if Sanchez would be a upgrade over Ponder for Viking fans or the FO..

Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    Remember the Vikes were the place that many wanted to send Chaddy cakes some years ago.. The thing is I'm not sure if Sanchez would be a upgrade over Ponder for Viking fans or the FO..
    I'd be shocked if the Vikings had even remote interest in Sanchez.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    I'd be shocked if the Vikings had even remote interest in Sanchez.
    At this point his Mommy and Daddy are having second thoughts..

Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    Yeah that $16 mil in dead cap room is gonna go a long way in setting up the new GM for success next year. Sanchez holds a clipboard next year. Tebow and probably McElmouth get cut b/c those cuts actually save us money and they both suck even worse than Suckchez. Jets sign a cheap vet and draft a qb in rd 2 or 3.
    June 1 cut would spread it out over 2 years so there is not a big difference in paying him or cutting him. The Jets are a better team without him on the team at all. Next year is rebuilding and sucking up all the contract nonsense Tanny left us with. Keeping Sanchez just because he has a contract is stupid. He is just THAT bad.