Page 32 of 34 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 LastLast

Thread: *** OFFICIAL Woody Johnson & Rex Ryan Press Conference Thread 01.08.12 ***

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    We are in huge trouble.

Francesa's show today is basically a wake for the New York Jets franchise. Fan after fan calling in, saying how they cannot believe Rex Ryan survived this and actually thrives in this.

SAR I
    Seems he gained control. He is involved in GM hiring.

R: "When we look for the search for a new OC I want someone with the same belief and same unpredictible attack ability as I would have as a defensive guy. As a HC that's what I want. When I first got here I said I wanted an all-weather offense. The Ground and Pound was only for Year 1 because that fit our football team. I want to attack now, I want to run something different."
    This is a good thing.

I could never figure out why Rex would want to "Ground and Pound" when he always boasts that he can stop the run with 11 guys off the street. Why would Rex want to run an Offense that was at odds with his own defensive philosophy of high risk = high reward?

Hopefully today is day 1 of Rex becoming HC for the whole team, not just the D.

The Jets tried to attack two years ago and Sanchez was not up to the task and shotty took all the blame.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    Rex' fate rests firmly with Woody, not the new "gelded" GM.
    I like this. From henceforth, the new nickname of our yet to be determined general manager will be "GM Funny Cide".

Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    The Jets tried to attack two years ago and Sanchez was not up to the task and shotty took all the blame.

Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    I just heard on Sirius radio that SCOTT COHEN is gaining much support to be the new GM. He is currently our asst GM. If that happens REX will be running the program with support of WOODY. That means the circus will go on and on! I hated the presser and this rumor I heard on Sirius. What a joke! its the good ole boy network at its worst!
    Gaining support, really? This guy is Tanny Jr., another bean counter with no football talent evaluation competencies. Would be shocked if Woody goes in that direction.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by VonDarkmoor View Post
    Gaining support, really? This guy is Tanny Jr., another bean counter with no football talent evaluation competencies. Would be shocked if Woody goes in that direction.
    If they hire an internal candidate, they change nothing. I will hold out hope that this is not the case.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Someone gets it.
    Getting it = agreeing with C Mart, LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    Getting it = agreeing with C Mart, LOL.
    Don't get = agreeing with VT niece. LOL.

Don't like it. Ignore me.

congrats to rex ryan.

he has to redeem himself one way or another.

Cant attack when your QB is on his back

Quote Originally Posted by tfine350z View Post
    Cant attack when your QB is on his back
    Or in an O-Lineman's crack.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    To answer your question I do think Woody is an idiot when it comes to owning a NFL football team. No question
    It would help if you put SOME of your words in CAPITAL letters. MaineJet seems to UNDERSTAND better that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    Or in an O-Lineman's crack.
    That too.

It was actually going fine until the Ravens game. We were 2-1, Sanchez was completing 62.5% of his passes for 7.9 ypa, and had a passer rating of 90.

Then we had that god awful game against the Ravens and immediately went back to ground and pound.

If they were truly committed to having a passing offense: a) One bad game wouldn't have deterred them; b) They wouldn't have replaced 3 of the 4 wide receivers during the offseason (and a lockout offseason at that); c) They wouldn't have kept Wayne Hunter as the starting RT.

Rex can deal with games where a run based offense is completely shutdown. He just views that as good football by the defense. He doesn't have the stomach for games where a passing based offense is completely shutdown. Mostly because of the turnovers that are going to be involved.

Rex would pass on the "Greatest Show on Turf" because they averaged 36 turnovers per year over that 3 year stretch.

Schluberator & Gadfly
    Quote Originally Posted by JB1089 View Post
    It was actually going fine until the Ravens game. We were 2-1, Sanchez was completing 62.5% of his passes for 7.9 ypa, and had a passer rating of 90.

Then we had that god awful game against the Ravens and immediately went back to ground and pound.

If they were truly committed to having a passing offense: a) One bad game wouldn't have deterred them; b) They wouldn't have replaced 3 of the 4 wide receivers during the offseason (and a lockout offseason at that); c) They wouldn't have kept Wayne Hunter as the starting RT.

Rex can deal with games where a run based offense is completely shutdown. He just views that as good football by the defense. He doesn't have the stomach for games where a passing based offense is completely shutdown. Mostly because of the turnovers that are going to be involved.

Rex would pass on the "Greatest Show on Turf" because they averaged 36 turnovers per year over that 3 year stretch.
    Ravens have rented space in Sanchez' head since his first game as a rookie. It's kinda like a dog when beaten with the paper.

Until Sanchez is replaced, all this talk means nothing. Once he is permanently replaces we can more forward.

The more I think about what has gone on here the more I think Woody doesn't want an independent GM with complete control. Did Tannenbaum want Favre? Did he want to fire Mangini? Did he want to hire Rex when everything pointed to him wanting Shottenheimer? Did he really want Sanchez or Tebow? Now Rex is going to be Woody's boy in the organization now that Tannenbaum is gone.

I suspect a brilliant GM who wants total control isn't what Woody wants. That may have been the reason BB couldn't get out of here fast enough?

woody owns rex ryan and rex ryan knows it. the 2 of them are perfect together. woody knows nothing about football and rex ryan likes it that way.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by JB1089 View Post

Thank You!!!!!!

How in the world can fans of this team not SEE THIS!!!!

This is INSANITY!!!!!

Rex is acting like he is a new HC and didn't have a hand in this complete offensive disgrace!!

And before the Yahoos post... I don't want Rex fired....