Page 33 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2331323334 LastLast

Thread: *** OFFICIAL Woody Johnson & Rex Ryan Press Conference Thread 01.08.12 ***

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Winstonbiggs View Post
    The more I think about what has gone on here the more I think Woody doesn't want an independent GM with complete control. Did Tannenbaum want Favre? Did he want to fire Mangini? Did he want to hire Rex when everything pointed to him wanting Shottenheimer? Did he really want Sanchez or Tebow? Now Rex is going to be Woody's boy in the organization now that Tannenbaum is gone.

I suspect a brilliant GM who wants total control isn't what Woody wants. That may have been the reason BB couldn't get out of here fast enough?
    UMMMMMMMMMM.................

BINGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Francesa is now approaching 4 hours ripping on the Jets

Quote Originally Posted by Flushing Roots View Post
    we all knew this would happen regardless of what transpired at todays presser. hes been waiting a week to do this.

Schluberator & Gadfly ®
    I like how Rex effectively gave himself a "do-over" at the press conference.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    Thank You!!!!!!

How in the world can fans of this team not SEE THIS!!!!

This is INSANITY!!!!!

Rex is acting like he is a new HC and didn't have a hand in this complete offensive disgrace!!

And before the Yahoos post... I don't want Rex fired....
    Rex is covering for his team as he has always done.
    He thought Sanchez would develop, but until he could, Rex’s MO was to go under the guise of “Ground and Pound”, But behind closed doors with Schotty, the Jets were always trying to open up this offense.

The problem was that Sanchez just wasn’t developing and every time they did, Sanchez played poorly….

So… Back to “ground and pound”…

Now for the first time in a long time, he’s speaking for the type of offense he truly wants without worry about the limitations of his starting QB.

I've stated in a few posts that the reason the Jets have had shall we be kind and say a 'less than stellar franchise' is do to their history of poor/weak ownership. Nothing more and nothing less. It always starts at the top. Poor decisions beget poor decisions which beget more poor decisions.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by GenoT View Post
    @ championship games in four years. A defense that was ranked in the top 10 without Revis and aging linebackers. If you every HC was held to the standard your setting for Ryan, there would be twenty coaching vacancies every year.
    Sorry, he has been the Head Coach of an incompetent offense for those same four years. He's qualified to be a Defensive Coordinator (and is good at it). As far as him as Head Coach, not so much. Sorry, the guy is a buffoon, he tied his ship to Sanchez's sails and they both need to go. And nobody was a bigger supporter of both of those guys than I was. However, since he's here for the immediate future I hope he learned something from the past four years and it suddenly clicks for him. I'm afraid it will never happen though.

The one thing I'll say is that the Jets need a strong GM. If he's going to cave to Rex's wishes, expect more of the same. You want someone to stand up and tell Rex "no" when Rex needs to be told to back off. I'd be concerned if the candidate wasn't a strong GM.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by chesapeakejet View Post
    I like how Rex effectively gave himself a "do-over" at the press conference.
    Shoot me now.

We are so dead.

SAR I

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by Flushing Roots View Post
    Joe Namath is about to come on ESPN radio.

SAR I

Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Joe Namath is about to come on ESPN radio.

SAR I
    Thanks, SAR. For those interested, here's the link:

http://espn.go.com/espnradio/newyork/play

Quote Originally Posted by Winstonbiggs View Post
    The more I think about what has gone on here the more I think Woody doesn't want an independent GM with complete control. Did Tannenbaum want Favre? Did he want to fire Mangini? Did he want to hire Rex when everything pointed to him wanting Shottenheimer? Did he really want Sanchez or Tebow? Now Rex is going to be Woody's boy in the organization now that Tannenbaum is gone.

I suspect a brilliant GM who wants total control isn't what Woody wants. That may have been the reason BB couldn't get out of here fast enough?
    Spot on.

Veteran
    Hi,

I dislike Rex Ryan. I have wanted him to go for over two years. I was so hoping that the man would vanish for the past couple of weeks. My main reason for wanting him gone is his philosophy on offense. Ground and pound will NOT win a championship in today's NFL. If Rex truly is abandoning his support of this type of offense, I would gladly change my mind and welcome him back as our coach.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Monsterxman View Post
    Rex is covering for his team as he has always done.
    He thought Sanchez would develop, but until he could, Rex’s MO was to go under the guise of “Ground and Pound”, But behind closed doors with Schotty, the Jets were always trying to open up this offense.

The problem was that Sanchez just wasn’t developing and every time they did, Sanchez played poorly….

So… Back to “ground and pound”…

Now for the first time in a long time, he’s speaking for the type of offense he truly wants without worry about the limitations of his starting QB.
    You actually BELIEVE THIS!!!!!

Ok I'll play..............

And Leon Hess is living in an underground bunker with Bruce Lee avoiding their collective enemies!!!!!

Now its your turn......

Good Grief!!!
    Last edited by Charlie Brown; 01-08-2013 at 06:25 PM.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by GoBigGreen View Post
    Hi,

I dislike Rex Ryan. I have wanted him to go for over two years. I was so hoping that the man would vanish for the past couple of weeks. My main reason for wanting him gone is his philosophy on offense. Ground and pound will NOT win a championship in today's NFL. If Rex truly is abandoning his support of this type of offense, I would gladly change my mind and welcome him back as our coach.
    Coach is not the problem right now. He's basically our GM also, that's the issue.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    You actually BELIEVE THIS!!!!!

Ok I'll play..............

And Leon Hess is living in an underground bunker with Bruce Lee avoiding their collective enemies!!!!!

Good Grief!!!
    You used to believe the Flim Flam BBQ man..

Ah f@ck, Woody and Rex sound like the blind leading the deaf.

After year 4 "I'll figure out the offensive side of the ball some day. I want an all weather offense." Well no **** Rex thanks for the insight. Four years in and you haven't a clue about offense. By the way Rex this ain't day one. You're entering year 5 now Rex. Saying it's day one is a form of denial about your gross inadequacy as a head coach in the league. Next year is year 6 not year 2.

"I've been in the league for a few years. I can spot talent." Your full of **** Woody. I've been a fan for years and my experience as a fan tells me otherwise. If you could spot talent Woody then how do you explain this mess? From top to bottom this team is a big **** sandwich players, staff, administration, and the lucky sperm club owner included. Woody can spot talent... Must be why he hired a head coach who seems to know nothing about half the game and seems to lack the required ability to form appropriate boundaries between him and his players. Must be why his GM gave the ****ty QB with two years left on his contract a lucrative extension for no f@cking reason whatsoever, which lead to a year of sports bloopers. I hope Woody understands that being a leader doesn't simply mean being popular.
    Last edited by AmericanMadman; 01-08-2013 at 06:44 PM.

What bothers me is: 1) why hasn't he fired Sparano Mid Season, if you see that the offense is offensive?????

Also: 2) WTF does it take you 4 ****ing years to REALIZE that G&P is outdated... And if you do realize it WTF don't you change it mid game... Right there. At halftime... Or for worse mid season... 4 ****ing years,

3) who knows if for the next 4 years we'll be trying something else, and if it won't work then we'll change stuff....

I mean SAR is so on point with his rants here... Championship caliber coaches criticize there games even after they win... Being in AFCC game does not mean an automatic pass for everybody. Somehow with the JETS it does...

GOOD GOD.

Quote Originally Posted by AmericanMadman View Post
    Ah f@ck, Woody and Rex sound like the blind leading the deaf.

After year 4 "I'll figure out the offensive side of the ball some day. I want an all weather offense." Well no **** Rex thanks for the insight. Four years in and you haven't a clue about offense. By the way Rex this ain't day one. You're entering year 5 now Rex. Saying it's day one is a form of denial about your gross inadequacy as a head coach in the league. Next year is year 6 not year 2.

"I've been in the league for a few years. I can spot talent." Your full of **** Woody. I've been a fan for years and my experience as a fan tells me otherwise. If you could spot talent Woody then how do you explain this mess? From top to bottom this team is a big **** sandwich players, staff, administration, administration and the lucky sperm club owner included. Woody can spot talent... Must be why he hired a head coach who seems to know nothing about half the game and seems to lack the required ability to form appropriate boundaries between him and his players. Must be why his GM gave the ****ty QB with two years left on his contract a lucrative extension for no f@cking reason whatsoever, which lead to a year of sports bloopers.
    Good Sanchez analysis

Hall Of Fame
    Guise relax.

We are going to run the pistol next year with Tebow. Our offense will be amazing.