Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ... 24323334

Thread: *** OFFICIAL Woody Johnson & Rex Ryan Press Conference Thread 01.08.12 ***

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    The nicest thing I can say is that Woody wants to win, Rex wants to win.

The PSL theory while valid will only last so long.

They both recognize they MUST win.

Now, reality? Meet Theoretical.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mardukis View Post
    The nicest thing I can say is that Woody wants to win, Rex wants to win.

The PSL theory while valid will only last so long.

They both recognize they MUST win.

Now, reality? Meet Theoretical.
    Midnight Run.... sweet.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    We are in huge trouble.

Francesa's show today is basically a wake for the New York Jets franchise. Fan after fan calling in, saying how they cannot believe Rex Ryan survived this and actually thrives in this.

SAR I
    Why would any self-respecting Jets fan call into that POS's radio show? That fat, sorry excuse for a human being is a dishonest scumbag who hates the Jets and goes out of his way to make up s*** and disparage them.
    If you call ahole's show, you're no Jets fan.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FreemanMC View Post
    Why would any self-respecting Jets fan call into that POS's radio show? That fat, sorry excuse for a human being is a dishonest scumbag who hates the Jets and goes out of his way to make up s*** and disparage them.
    If you call ahole's show, you're no Jets fan.
    Be quiet.

SAR I

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Be quiet.

SAR I
    Lol - sorry, man, but seriously. The guy lies constantly -- he makes things up -- he has a personal agenda against the Jets so he goes out of his way to disparage them at every turn. Which part of that is untrue?
    He's also a fat, disgusting, poor excuse of a man with no integrity or character and he might die of a heart attack? Which part of that is untrue?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good to hear Rex has finally realized Ground and Pound is not the way to build an NFL offense. Hopefully the Jets can rebuild this and get us back on track quickly.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by hatnlvr View Post
    Good to hear Rex has finally realized Ground and Pound is not the way to build an NFL offense. Hopefully the Jets can rebuild this and get us back on track quickly.

Can someone explain what an "attacking offense" is and how it's different from every other offense? How is "ground and pound not an attacking offense? What does that mean?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FreemanMC View Post
    Lol - sorry, man, but seriously. The guy lies constantly -- he makes things up -- he has a personal agenda against the Jets so he goes out of his way to disparage them at every turn. Which part of that is untrue?
    He's also a fat, disgusting, poor excuse of a man with no integrity or character and he might die of a heart attack? Which part of that is untrue?
    I just want to die right now. You can say whatever you want, I'll agree with it, nothing matters until the rebuild starts in 2016 when the Miami Dolphins will be the dominant franchise in the AFC East and we battle the Patriots for the cellar.

SAR I

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CleatMarks View Post
    Can someone explain what an "attacking offense" is and how it's different from every other offense? How is "ground and pound not an attacking offense? What does that mean?
    It's Rex explanation for "I screwed up in hiring Sparano". He doesn't have a clue.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    I didn't hear Rex or Woody give any specific idea or plan, just that we've got to change. "Change" and "we've got to get better". No idea of how we're going to do that, we just will. So we've been bullied and embarrassed this year and we're not going to be bullied any more - WTF is he talking about? Our team wasn't "bullied" - we embarrassed ourselves without any help from other teams - and most of that was the fault of our offense.

"Both the owner and the coach spent most of the 40 minute press conference promising changes, changes they are convinced will lead to brighter days for this Jets franchise." What changes? IDK, just "changes". BREAKING NEWS: they're looking for a new OC, DC, and GM who share this same vision of "winning". That's nothing new; we already knew those positions need to be filled. Maybe the difference is THIS time they're going to hire staff who want to win. That's good to know - I didn't realize that the previous guys wanted to lose. What specific philosophy and identity are we looking for in the GM, OC and DC? Cue the sound of crickets chirping.

Rex says "You got to stand for something and the thing were going to stand for is were going to be the team that you dont want to play and that were a dangerous football team, were going to attack you from the minute that whistle blows, were going to attack you on offense, defense and special teams". So our new plan is that we're gonna attack on the offense, special teams, and defense the whole game long. Rex wants the offense to be as rough and tough as the defense. That's not a change; it's the same recycled crap he always spouts. WHY will other teams fear us? Rex doesn't say how or why, but somehow, miraculously, the Jets will become the most feared team in the NFL.

Rex said: "If it lines up accordingly Im going to lean, obviously, on the general manager and get his input into decisions that were going to make moving forward." He wants to "find a offensive coordinator who shares his vision for an aggressive, physical and unpredictable offensive style." So what does that mean, exactly? Whatever you want it to mean. Evidently this is an innovative idea because the other 31 teams have an offense that's so predictable it's easy to beat them. "Aggressive and physical" doesn't sound much different from "ground and pound" to me. Rex is "going to lean on the GM and get his input into decisions moving forward". Does this mean Rex was NOT getting the GM's input the past 4 years? Like Rex is responsible for the hires and players in the last 4 years? I doubt that, but this statement does confirm what Rex said in many pre-season interviews: HE chose Sparano for the OC. Not Tanny. Rex, who said he only interviewed 2 people for the OC job and "just knew" that Sparano was the right one after talking with him.

I was ROFLMFAO when Rex said that QB salary will have no impact on who starts next year. Instead, for a change, it will be - wait for it - whoever "gives us the best chance to win". Legendary! We just had a whole season of that!

No specific plan.
    No identity beyond rough and tough instead of ground and pound.
    "Change" - but what change?
    Play better - well duh, but how?
    Empty words - more hot air - blah blah blah.

Cue the canned laughter, folks. The carnival is back in town.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JaxSuzy View Post
    =The carnival is back in town.
    When did it ever leave?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Toooon View Post
    When did it ever leave?
    It went to the Bahamas for a few days last week.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post
    Wow. It's abundantly clear that the one personnel move Woody needed to make was to get rid of Rex, and he didn't have the balls to do it. I wouldn't be surprised if Rex intimidates him.

And now, bizarrely, it's Rex who is making personnel decisions. **** this team.
    Hahahahaha! Well, you should see the tattoo that WOODY has of Rex!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    It went to the Bahamas for a few days last week.
    Haha, gottem'.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    I didn't hear Rex or Woody give any specific idea or plan, just that we've got to change. "Change" and "we've got to get better". No idea of how we're going to do that, we just will. So we've been bullied and embarrassed this year and we're not going to be bullied any more - WTF is he talking about? Our team wasn't "bullied" - we embarrassed ourselves without any help from other teams - and most of that was the fault of our offense.

"Both the owner and the coach spent most of the 40 minute press conference promising changes, changes they are convinced will lead to brighter days for this Jets franchise." What changes? IDK, just "changes". BREAKING NEWS: they're looking for a new OC, DC, and GM who share this same vision of "winning". That's nothing new; we already knew those positions need to be filled. Maybe the difference is THIS time they're going to hire staff who want to win. That's good to know - I didn't realize that the previous guys wanted to lose. What specific philosophy and identity are we looking for in the GM, OC and DC? Cue the sound of crickets chirping.

Rex says "You got to stand for something and the thing were going to stand for is were going to be the team that you dont want to play and that were a dangerous football team, were going to attack you from the minute that whistle blows, were going to attack you on offense, defense and special teams". So our new plan is that we're gonna attack on the offense, special teams, and defense the whole game long. Rex wants the offense to be as rough and tough as the defense. That's not a change; it's the same recycled crap he always spouts. WHY will other teams fear us? Rex doesn't say how or why, but somehow, miraculously, the Jets will become the most feared team in the NFL.

Rex said: "If it lines up accordingly Im going to lean, obviously, on the general manager and get his input into decisions that were going to make moving forward." He wants to "find a offensive coordinator who shares his vision for an aggressive, physical and unpredictable offensive style." So what does that mean, exactly? Whatever you want it to mean. Evidently this is an innovative idea because the other 31 teams have an offense that's so predictable it's easy to beat them. "Aggressive and physical" doesn't sound much different from "ground and pound" to me. Rex is "going to lean on the GM and get his input into decisions moving forward". Does this mean Rex was NOT getting the GM's input the past 4 years? Like Rex is responsible for the hires and players in the last 4 years? I doubt that, but this statement does confirm what Rex said in many pre-season interviews: HE chose Sparano for the OC. Not Tanny. Rex, who said he only interviewed 2 people for the OC job and "just knew" that Sparano was the right one after talking with him.

I was ROFLMFAO when Rex said that QB salary will have no impact on who starts next year. Instead, for a change, it will be - wait for it - whoever "gives us the best chance to win". Legendary! We just had a whole season of that!

No specific plan.

Great Post!!!!!!

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like

No specific plan.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CleatMarks View Post
    It is coach talk. It means "I really don't know but I have to say something. So I'll say something very general that leaves little to question". You can question ground and pound (the rules are made to emphasize passing and high scores) but how can you question an "attacking" offense?