Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: Rex Ryan: The Jets Isiah Thomas...

  1. #1

    Rex Ryan: The Jets Isiah Thomas...

    So, it is now abundantly clear:
    Rex Ryan has Woody's ear like Isiah had Jim Dolan's...
    No more illusions about Rex being canned or on thin ice...

    Rex picking coordinators, helping to pick his own boss, the GM...

    Woody has a serious man-crush on Rex...

    This is Rex's team... God help us all...

  2. #2

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by tfine350z View Post
    Dump
    Nope. Hadn't thought of it in this way, but he's right.

  4. #4
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    21,222
    Great point.

  5. #5
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    Posts
    17,568
    Dump this crap

  6. #6
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    13,950
    jetswinbaby!: the Jets' Steve Bartman

  7. #7
    It's actually a startlingly close comparison.

    We need our Donnie Walsh.

  8. #8
    All League
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    3,514
    Except Ryan has had success here and Isiah never did with the Knicks

  9. #9
    Completely different planets...

    Dump.

  10. #10
    10 YEARS OF EMBARRASSING KNICKS BASKETBALL IS EQUIVALENT TO 2 YEARS OF 8-8 AND 6-10 SEASONS???!?????!!?


    YOU SHOULD BE BANNED!!!!

  11. #11
    If Woody decided to retain Rex as HC, he said the right things. You cannot make it appear as if your HC is hanging by a thread if you want to attract a good OC or any assistant coach for that matter.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by JetFreak89 View Post
    Except Ryan has had success here and Isiah never did with the Knicks
    Same amount of titles.

    Those of us who are anti-Rex are not very happy right now. Klecko has it right. Where is this confidence coming from?

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by jetswinbaby! View Post
    So, it is now abundantly clear:
    Rex Ryan has Woody's ear like Isiah had Jim Dolan's...
    No more illusions about Rex being canned or on thin ice...

    Rex picking coordinators, helping to pick his own boss, the GM...

    Woody has a serious man-crush on Rex...

    This is Rex's team... God help us all...
    If you're going to steal ideas from the radio, at least cite the show that just said the same thing five minutes before you post it.

  14. #14
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    Posts
    17,568
    lol



    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    If you're going to steal ideas from the radio, at least cite the show that just said the same thing five minutes before you post it.

  15. #15
    That comparison is beyond stupid.

    The Knicks were in shambles for a decade. A DECADE. Isaiah got them nowhere near being a competitive team throughout that time. He had no respect from his players. It was a true circus.

    Rex got the Jets to two Championship title games. Unfortunately both games came on the heels of having to win tough back to back road games and the wheels came off both title games. Tomlinson said it best when he said Rex motivated him more then any coach ever had. That's a pretty big endorsement.

    I never heard anyone say that about Thomas.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us